NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on what I've heard and seen, both teams will be sporting vintage white on their uniforms. Flyers will probably wear their home jersey with vintage white in place of regular white. And will the Rangers be the first team to actually use a off white colored jersey? (An actual team, the 2004 All-Star team doesn't count.) If they do, I would be so pleased if an off white helmet is included as well. Based on those current rumours floating around all over the place, this is what the teams might wear...

WinterClassic.png

Now let's see if I'm right.

Those would look great--if that's what they use...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

i think both the rangers and the flyers will wear the following in the winter classic:

http://nhluniforms.com/Rangers/Rangers1930-31.html

and

http://nhluniforms.com/DefunctTeams/Quakers1930-31.html

Would Philly really honour the NHL's worst ever team?

They should go with this one...Philly idea

and would the NHL honor a rival league?

I think it'll be an amalgamation of a few minor league franchises. I saw a few ideas that combined the Ramblers and the Aces that looked pretty decent. What else could it be but a fauxback?

You do realize I wasn't serious...

The WHA had a legacy of some awful uniforms--among which I'd count the Blazers.

Plus, is it me, or does the wordmark resemble the Capitals'?

It predates the Caps though, by a couple of years.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

The Flyers are in a tough spot for Winter Classic throwbacks because they wear their oldest uniform for every game as it is. They could throwback to the 80's uniforms, but then you're wearing a uniform that is newer than your current uniform (and in my opinion an upgrade). There's no rule that says they can't do that, but it kind of goes against the whole idea of a throwback uniform.

Of course, there's also no rule that says that they have to wear a throwback.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Boston, Pittsburgh, and Chicago did that.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I wonder if there is any way for the flyers to make up a new jersey by taking lil things from the other jerseys they have had. Like Boston did two years ago

I'm pretty sure the Blackhawks did that too

Yep, they took the '48 logo and slapped it on the '35 sweater.

Bruins changed the colors of their sweater, but essentially did the same thing.

Archived