NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=589427&navid=DL|TOR|home

Leafs third jerseys will be released officially today at 4:00pm, although we know how the will look like. The leafs posted a picture on their website of the jersey and man do they look great.

Not only are they releasing the jersey, but the entire uniforms. I think we are going to see white stripes on the pants like the 67's uniforms.

link above heck it out

Yup, Icethetics can suck it. NO SILVER, like I had said before.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The season schedule for the Leafs' Third Jersey:

* October 6 vs. Montreal

* October 29 vs. Pittsburgh

* November 5 vs. Boston

* November 12 vs. Ottawa

* November 19 vs. Washington

* December 3 at Boston

* December 5 at New York Rangers

* December 17 vs. Vancouver

* January 7 vs. Detroit

* January 13 at Buffalo

* February 4 at Ottawa

* February 29 at Chicago

* March 24 vs. New York Rangers

* March 31 vs. Buffalo

I hope the Nov 12 game against Ottawa can be a dark vs dark... although, times like this I wish we still had a white alternate...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Leafs third jersey has a felt crest and felt numbers.

The pants stripe is back.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Do they have NOBs? They didn't show the backs of the players in the video, except for Carlton, who had one. But they said they were identical to the 1967 ones, which had no NOB.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Do they have NOBs? They didn't show the backs of the players in the video, except for Carlton, who had one. But they said they were identical to the 1967 ones, which had no NOB.

"Identical" in this case meaning "as close as we can get given modern materials, sweater cuts, and uniform regulations."

"Identical" in this case meaning "as close as we can get given modern materials, sweater cuts, and uniform regulations."

Vancouver's alternate had no NOB, and it was legal.

Yes they do. I saw a different video that showed the NOBs

Here's where I got my info.

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=589543&navid=DL|TOR|home

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Vancouver's alternate had no NOB, and it was legal.

That was a once a year throwback. The league's more flexible on one-offs like that. This new 67 alternate is intended as a full time addition to the uniform, hence it has to conform to uniform regulations that the Canucks' throwback managed to avoid last season.

According to the Leafs page on hfboards.com, there are names on the back of the jersey.

Is there really a silver outline on the crest, or is it the reflection of a different type of cresting material?

There is no damn silver!!!

There is an inner stitching but it's more of a pearl sheen than anything else.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

i think both the rangers and the flyers will wear the following in the winter classic:

http://nhluniforms.com/Rangers/Rangers1930-31.html

and

http://nhluniforms.com/DefunctTeams/Quakers1930-31.html

Would Philly really honour the NHL's worst ever team?

They should go with this one...Philly idea

and would the NHL honor a rival league?

I think it'll be an amalgamation of a few minor league franchises. I saw a few ideas that combined the Ramblers and the Aces that looked pretty decent. What else could it be but a fauxback?

You do realize I wasn't serious...

The WHA had a legacy of some awful uniforms--among which I'd count the Blazers.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Here's the first look of the Official NHL "Winter Classic 2012" logo, the patch the Rangers and Flyers will be wearing on Jan 2.

Like it, but I am never a fan of corporate names on a logo though from the Bowl games, to a tire company sponsoring a hockey game of a SuperBowl halftime show.

..what can ya do.

WC12_CROPPED.gif

So the top of the bell is straight-on but the bottom of the bell is clearly tilted as if it were ringing. Great job with the perspective, NHL!

1zgyd8w.jpg

i think both the rangers and the flyers will wear the following in the winter classic:

http://nhluniforms.com/Rangers/Rangers1930-31.html

and

http://nhluniforms.com/DefunctTeams/Quakers1930-31.html

Would Philly really honour the NHL's worst ever team?

They should go with this one...Philly idea

and would the NHL honor a rival league?

I think it'll be an amalgamation of a few minor league franchises. I saw a few ideas that combined the Ramblers and the Aces that looked pretty decent. What else could it be but a fauxback?

You do realize I wasn't serious...

The WHA had a legacy of some awful uniforms--among which I'd count the Blazers.

Plus, is it me, or does the wordmark resemble the Capitals'?

Archived