NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The shoulder patch and lightning bolt on the pants are really nice touches. Can't say they look better on ice, though. To me, they'll always be a black team. Whatever, they'll probably add more black down the road because adding a thin black outline isn't enough to appease the fanbase's want for more black. Though it would likely take a few more years. There's no way the NHL would allow a total re-brand and then another significant change the following season.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

4f70612773eba6dc698d29808d249bdd-getty-125694287.jpg

Sorry, but I just ain't feeling those horizontal stripes on the sleeves. Either the vertical or horizontal ones alone would be okay, but both just does not work. If the vertical ones went on top (ala Florida) it'd look a little less bad.

Agreed 100%. It'd look much better if it matched what the home jersey looks like.

Despite having the same stripes as the arm, the socks look like an afterthought. It's predominantly navy from the knee up, but not a lick of it from the knee down. Meh.

However, I hated this set when it first came out, but after seeing it in action... wow is it gorgeous.

I figure the shorts account for the bottom half navy. And yeah, the dark sweater needs to have a shoulder stripe on it. The wraparound stripes are too good an element to use just once.

I'm more impressed with this as we go on, but I still can't get behind italic numbers when nothing else is drawing my eyes from left to right.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I figure the shorts account for the bottom half navy. And yeah, the dark sweater needs to have a shoulder stripe on it. The wraparound stripes are too good an element to use just once.

I'm more impressed with this as we go on, but I still can't get behind italic numbers when nothing else is drawing my eyes from left to right.

Spot-on in both points... good analysis.

This Winnipeg identity is the damnedest thing. When the logos were unveiled, I was thoroughly underwhelmed. When the jerseys got showcased, I thought they looked okay, but not spectacular, and I wasn't sold on the crossover stripes on the whites. But now that I've seen the full look come together... damn, has it ever come together. What a solid, unique, and classically-styled look.

Wordmark still sucks out loud, though.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Kings are on the ice for the first time in their new away unis. They look pretty sharp against the Coyotes.

21lvp1c.jpg

2dju4h.jpg

And because they're also playing a split-squad game at home, we get confirmation that the home uniforms are unchanged. (Not sure if we knew that 100%.) It's a bit odd to see different hem stripes on this set, but I still like it.

2yy5rp5.jpg

Note the double white stripe on the side of the pants and the crown logo above the right knee. Otherwise, I believe everything else carries over.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

21lvp1c.jpg

2dju4h.jpg

2yy5rp5.jpg

The Kings look so much better in black & silver. I guess half of it is nostalgia because the 1st time I was exposed to hockey, this is what they worse, but the other half was that the purple/black/silver look just didn't work for them. The only color scheme that could work for this franchise would either be the purple-&-gold or silver-&-black, & IMO, the silver-&-black look is the best of the bunch.

So yeah, it's great to see the Kings have gone back to this style. Not particularly a fan of the crest (it would look much better with the crown as a crest and the stencil logo relegated to the shoulders), but it's a nice, solid look.

Here's the first look of the Official NHL "Winter Classic 2012" logo, the patch the Rangers and Flyers will be wearing on Jan 2.

Like it, but I am never a fan of corporate names on a logo though from the Bowl games, to a tire company sponsoring a hockey game of a SuperBowl halftime show.

..what can ya do.

WC12_CROPPED.gif

º º º º

gYFfCIp.pngPtJSay1.png

I like the Kings going back to the silver and black (they even made the pants the same as they wore them in the Gretzky days), but I'm not a fan of the mismatching hem stripes. One jersey has it, the other doesn't. That inconsistency is goofy to me.

And this just occurred to me; for all the bitching about how Winnipeg's elbow stripes wrapping around the navy blue arm stripe, the Kings uniforms basically do the same thing.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived