NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got my islanders jersey today :) thanx guys for the heads up that night.

Also got mine in the mail yesterday too!

Mine just arrived... all I've got to say is that I never expected to ever own anything Islanders. Now I need to take a cold, cold shower.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

My Isles H & R came in today too!

Couldn't get the home... they were out of sizes when I ordered... but I now own an Alternate and Road! Hurrah!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The Stanley Cup jersey with just the thinnest of black accenting would look good to me. The Flames have every right to use a little black, since most burning things tend to leave a little black stuff. It also helps break up the yellow and white.

THIS. A million time this.

Possible 2012-3 change? Flames are selling off authentic home jersey for $100.

I think the reason that these jerseys are on sale is because they constructed in the "old" edge material and have the "old" vector logo.

As a Flames fan, I like the black flaming C, and we Flamers don't much care what non-Flame fans think of it. ;)

thank you for referring to yourselves as Flamers so I didn't have to :hockeysmiley:

Thank you for not making use of a homophobic slur in a pathetic attempt of a putdown. ;)

The Stanley Cup jersey with just the thinnest of black accenting would look good to me. The Flames have every right to use a little black, since most burning things tend to leave a little black stuff. It also helps break up the yellow and white.

Tried this, but not really feeling it.

Flamesidea.jpg

I got the road (white) islanders jersey.

First reebok one I have (I have the flyers old road (white) and home (black) ccm jerseys)

It has a slimmer fit, not too much luckily, thinner material, stretchy, it does feel a bit more comfy to wear.

But I miss when jerseys were 75 bucks or less.

Still not the cheapest nhl jersey I got, as the black flyers jersey I only paid 10 bucks for (was on sale for $30 since the new edge jerseys were gonna come out, and I had $20 off :) )

This is what I had in mind:

calgarycopy.jpg

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Please go back to this:

Flames18.png

NOT this:

Flames03.png

Take off your nostalgia goggles, diagonal lines belong in the 90s

Fine, then do this! Still vastly superior to the old set without black...

flames18.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Straighten the sleeve stripes and it is a lot better. Also, it bothers me that the home has a neck tie and the road doesn't. Either both or neither.

mav23.gif

Diagonal striping is not a bad thing. If every team in the league went with the same old horizontal stripes, we'd have a much more boring NHL.

Exactly. Diagonal striping was one of the less jarring features of 90's design. That Pre-Edge mockup with the straight ones looks vastly inferior in my opinion... though I'd take it over the mess the Flames currently sport.

This is what I had in mind:

calgarycopy.jpg

The yellow flaming "C" is an interesting idea, but I don't think it works in this example. I do like your idea for the white jersey though.

Still vastly superior to the old set without black...

flames18.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Agreed, the Flames looked their best in the period right before the EDGE takeover. Seriously, all they have to do is improve the striping and they've got a good look.

http://shop.nhl.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=1218368&ab=CMS_Include_US_Spot5_VintageCollection_121911&view=all

The atlanta thrashers are now in the vintage section of the NHL shop, ever think you'd hear atlanta thrashers and vintage used in the same sentance???

cbe40ver0fdixhaag4regu3k0.gif3109.gifmt0sb106vq1t9wff53rzn98j9.gif

From Sudbury to Peterborough, now in Sherbrooke

2v274et.jpgWonderfully done by Silent Wind of Doom

Archived