NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are the Orangeville Flyers affiliated with the Philadelphia Flyers at all? Or is that like one of those high school rip offs?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Are the Orangeville Flyers affiliated with the Philadelphia Flyers at all? Or is that like one of those high school rip offs?

Nope. Ontario Junior Hockey League. One step below the OHL.

Not quite as bad of a ripoff as the team I work for, the Hamilton Red Wings.

6547068553_b9044fe6f2_z.jpg

f3c419964b0684b2b71ee7acda0a.jpeg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Wow. Do they ever get called out for that bullsh t?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

As far as I can tell, the Hamilton Red Wings originally were affiliated with the Detroit Red Wings. Hamilton joined the OHL as the Red Wings in 1960, back when NHL teams still had affiliations in the OHL (remember the whole Bruins/Oshawa Generals/Bobby Orr thing)

When the OJHL came into being, Hamilton just carried on the Red Wings tradition.

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

As far as I can tell, the Hamilton Red Wings originally were affiliated with the Detroit Red Wings. Hamilton joined the OHL as the Red Wings in 1960, back when NHL teams still had affiliations in the OHL (remember the whole Bruins/Oshawa Generals/Bobby Orr thing)

When the OJHL came into being, Hamilton just carried on the Red Wings tradition.

I was also referring to the Flyers.

I was also referring to the Flyers.

Flyers rebranded this year, so I don't know any details.

Confusing way the team came about (previous Orangeville team folded, then another team moved there during the same offseason.)

The team before the Flyers was the Orangeville Crushers.

ki9ro851fdwetkf3uwgfjwozx.gif

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Sorry if this was mentioned already, but I didn't see it... At their own outdoor AHL game a few days ago, the Adirondack Phantoms wore the (vintage) white equivalent of the Flyers' orange WC uniforms. What do you think of them? Would anyone want to see the Flyers adopt this and their WC uniforms full-time?

Personally, I detest the pee color and would prefer to see black numbers outlined in orange. And then there's that damned missing hem stripe again!

6652887993_e873382edd.jpgIMG_7459-2-1024x682.jpg

The Outdoor Classic in Hamilton between the Bulldogs and Marlies is in less than two weeks. No word yet about special uniforms.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Not sure if this has been posted, but here's the Blackhawks 85th anniversary logo

85-grey.jpg

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

By the way, I noticed a possible inspiration for the Flyers' "missing hem stripe" design:

585_1723_popup.gif

Soviet Union, 1972 Summit Series.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Has anybody else noticed that the jerseys get marked up much more this year? I know the material for the retail "authentics" :rolleyes: changed, but I'd swear the on ice product is different too. Every game I watch, every team seems to have heavy puck marking on their whites. I've never noticed it to the extent I have this year. Just me?

All that I can imagine is that the material changed slightly and has made rubber transfers more frequent or teams are no longer using three sets during the season.

Has anybody else noticed that the jerseys get marked up much more this year? I know the material for the retail "authentics" :rolleyes: changed, but I'd swear the on ice product is different too. Every game I watch, every team seems to have heavy puck marking on their whites. I've never noticed it to the extent I have this year. Just me?

All that I can imagine is that the material changed slightly and has made rubber transfers more frequent or teams are no longer using three sets during the season.

Nope, just a coincidence or something. Teams still have Canada-made Edge 2.0 jerseys and use three sets.

1zgyd8w.jpg

I liked the Thrashers identity, but the inconsistency was something that always held it back.

Same here, I liked the logo and light blue jersey, but there were a lot of problems too. Excess amount of colours, jerseys that didn't match, terrible alternate, etc.

The Thrashers identity started out good. Hardly a masterpiece of design but passable for 2000's expansion team. Unfortunately as the years went by it got worse and worse... The first mistake was making the powder blue alternate the home without making a matching road. The second mistake was not rectifying this problem during the edge changeover and allowing RBK to completely butcher two designs that weren't bad on their own merits. Consider the change-up that happened below...

thrasherswhitebig.jpgaltedgelight.jpg

Seriously what the *expletive* is that supposed to be. If I was paid to deliberately mess up the first design I doubt I could do a better job than RBK did.

The original home white Thrashers jersey ruled. I bought one as soon as they came out. The road was dumb because it had the ugly T logo as the chest logo instead of the swirling bird. The powder blue alt was godawful because of the asymmetric sleeve. And yeah, the Edge version of it is everything that's wrong with Reebok. Template design (also used by Philly), stupid piping, no more hem stripe, yuck.

1zgyd8w.jpg

Archived