NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

OCPuckdrop5035.jpg

Bulldogs unis were a mixed up mess, Marlies hinted at a special uni, but didn't come through.

Maybe it's just my monitor, but are the Bulldogs wearing blue and orange here?

It's your monitor. It's the combination of sunlight and a bright red.

We went in a crew of 11, I was one of 3 sober ones. One of our drunk friends dropped a nice $150 on one of those messes. Couldn't believe it, it's a shame the Marlies didn't do anything special, jersey wise, but then again it's also a shame the Bulldogs didn't dress an AHL roster. What a let down, 7-2 at home. We gave it to the Hamilton fans.

But yes just gross to look at.

Where were you sitting?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found these on the Canucks boards...

frontmmr.jpg

backmnp.jpg

crestn.jpg

Not an official jersey but thought it was worth posting anyways. I think this can put to rest the idea that Johnny Canuck wouldn't work well as a jersey crest. This is a great looking jersey in my biased opinion

frontmmr.jpg

backmnp.jpg

crestn.jpg

Not an official jersey but thought it was worth posting anyways. I think this can put to rest the idea that Johnny Canuck wouldn't work well as a jersey crest. This is a great looking jersey in my biased opinion

If it was the real Johnny Canuck on the chest, I'd buy it.

fqsaneuuzbmiftlbsyuv5htof.gif

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

frontmmr.jpg

backmnp.jpg

crestn.jpg

As much as I love everything about the Canucks current set (yes, even the orca logo and the "VANCOUVER" arched over it), that is an utterly fantastic jersey and would be an upgrade if the Canucks went with that.

spacer.png

Marlies were supposed to wear special jerseys.

@gcuthbert35 Those were their traditional road jerseys. We weren't able to wear the new ones due to an unforeseen logistical issue.

https://twitter.com/#!/TorontoMarlies/status/161452810116935681

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

If it was the real Johnny Canuck on the chest, I'd buy it.

fqsaneuuzbmiftlbsyuv5htof.gif

I would shell out $300 for an authentic if that were the case. As much as I like the current Orca jerseys, this is simply too good of a logo to not use. Put it dead centre on the current primaries, ditch the Arched Vancouver and you have perfection.

Something must be going on because this guy is selling authentic Atlanta Thrashers jerseys for only $65!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200693598282?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Maybe a logo change? A white version of the third jersey? Either way, I'm excited to see the changes coming with the Atlanta franchise.

This is a bit of tangential speculation, but last spring, I picked up an Orange Jordan Eberle Name and Number t-shirt from Jersey City. The style name was Oilers 3rd Name and Number Tee. All other Name and number tees for alternate Team colours not on a jersey (e.g. Blue Ovechkin Capitals Shirt), did not use the term 3rd in the style name. Other name and number tees in the style of a teams 3rd jersey did have the phrase 3rd in the style name. With the Oilers moving away from the Copper and Navy, would a WHA style orange jersey be likely for next season? Wouldn't make sense this season since the new road jersey came out and they are selling a ton of those, but an orange jersey, the likes of which they haven't thrown back to before would sell like hotcakes. http://twitpic.com/8aun03 - Original O ilers captain Al Hamilton with his orange jersey. Picture as per @tomgazzola

a_mcnabb_i.jpg

Something must be going on because this guy is selling authentic Atlanta Thrashers jerseys for only $65!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200693598282?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Maybe a logo change? A white version of the third jersey? Either way, I'm excited to see the changes coming with the Atlanta franchise.

Oh man... hope you're joking

Midway.png

I would like to see the Oilers bring out a orange 3rd. With the retro thing going on in all the sports leagues, it would make sense, especially since they wouldn't need to actually spend money to come up with a new design.

They should also fix the damn collar already.

The '90s sweaters were kinda rec-league in an almost endearing way. Sort of an NHL analogue to the final iteration of the Washington Bullets: the most uninspired and generic of its league's red-and-blues, dead last or close in merchandise sales, even if the whole thing hadn't been scrapped altogether (Coyotes, Wizards) it would've been significantly reimagined between then and now. Wouldn't have lasted if the Jets themselves had. They symbolize nothing of consequence and have no intrinsic aesthetic merit, so there's little/no sense in bringing them back. Maybe a WHA throwback from one of the Avco Cup years is the way to go. They'll look like the poor man's Rangers in one way or another no matter which throwback they go with; might as well go with the glory days, I suppose.

preview_205_61308.jpg

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Great deal on authentics. Just scooped up a "Georgia bronze" and "Ice blue" size 56. I love collecting unique jerseys and these are a steal.

OCPuckdrop5035.jpg

Bulldogs unis were a mixed up mess, Marlies hinted at a special uni, but didn't come through.

If the shades of blue matched and they had red shorts--that may have worked...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

OCPuckdrop5035.jpg

If the shades of blue matched and they had red shorts--that may have worked...

They broke the two major rules of hockey uniforms.

1. If the helmet is dark, it has to match the pants (exception: red pants, blue helmet)

2. Socks must have the same base colour as the jersey.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

preview_205_61308.jpg

Ooh, the league isn't going to turn down a chance at another contrasting nameplate sweater! I hope they go with that.

make a simple update to this and you have a winner

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Archived