NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And just let me repeat the irony of a team moving out of Atlanta, to be (potentially) renamed the Falcons.

please dont crack jokes about this. i dont understand why people are being so rude about this. Its not our fault that the owners drove this franchise into the ground and drove the fans away.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

And just let me repeat the irony of a team moving out of Atlanta, to be (potentially) renamed the Falcons.

please dont crack jokes about this. i dont understand why people are being so rude about this. Its not our fault that the owners drove this franchise into the ground and drove the fans away.

Where is anyone being rude? I understand you're pain as you may lose your team, but don't take it out on others.

There is some chatter on the hfboards that true north will go with the name Winnipeg falcons. Jersey would be blue and red with gold accents. Just rumors though.

I hope not. Blue and red is fine for the Jets. However, if they aren't the Jets, I hope they go with a more unique color scheme.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Please point out the joke or rudeness in his post. All I read is an observation of one ironic aspect of this potential move.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Chris Creamer makes it into the Globe and Mail!

Would the new Jets be called the Moose?

The latest to report on this was sportslogos.net, quoting "a reliable source" within True North.

?True North has spent considerable time and money promoting the Moose brand, switching away from that would be like essentially flushing money down the toilet,? the source said.

tigercatssignature-1.png

It's not like we're calling for Phillips to be paved over or anything.

And Philips can be renovated in ways other than "an explosion," so there's that!

There is some chatter on the hfboards that true north will go with the name Winnipeg falcons. Jersey would be blue and red with gold accents. Just rumors though.

While I would prefer a return of the Jets, I wouldn't mind Falcons. There is a lot of history behind the name as well. I also think it is appropriate since it would keep with the bird theme from the Thrashers.

Blue Red and Gold would be interesting. Wonder if it is a Bruins-like gold or more of a vegas gold (which I think would look nice with Blue and Red).

As long as they don't go nuts:

one_mcdonald04.jpg

Isn't there already a team called the Manitoba Moose in the minors? How can they just take the identity?

Did you not read the post above yours? :suspect:

I did, but I didn't understand it.

<Sigh> True North already OWNS the Manitoba Moose....

tigercatssignature-1.png

Isn't there already a team called the Manitoba Moose in the minors? How can they just take the identity?

Did you not read the post above yours? :suspect:

I did, but I didn't understand it.

The AHL Moose team will be moved elsewhere and renamed. The Moose identity would then go to the new NHL team in Winnipeg.

Blame Gary Bettman. If he would have just let the Coyotes go by now then no one would be looking to move the Thrashers to Winnipeg.

Question, if Atlanta moves to Winnipeg...

would the NHL divisions now look like this...

Northeast:

Boston

Buffalo

Montreal

Ottawa

Toronto

Atlantic:

New Jersey

NY Rangers

NY Islander

Philadelphia

Pittsburgh

Southeast:

Carolina

Florida

Nashville

Tampa Bay

Washington

Central:

Chicago

Columbus

Detroit

St. Louis

Minnesota

Northwest:

Calgary

Colorado

Edmonton

Vancouver

Winnipeg

Pacific:

Anaheim

Dallas

Los Angeles

Phoenix

San Jose

OR, would they go another way?

That's what logic dictates, but word is, for the first season in Winnipeg they'll stay in the NASCAR division and then overhaul the whole works in 2012-13.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The more I think about it, the more I'm okay with the idea of the team going with the Manitoba Moose. I read the article in the Globe and it does make sense to keep the name since True North has built up the brand. Their logo is pretty good, even if some may consider it too cartoony for the big leagues and more suited for minor hockey. I think fans in Winnipeg would be disappointed at first, but then again, they get what they want back so badly in the first place, NHL hockey. After a few years, especially if the team plays well, it'll be the Winnipeg Jets who?

Please point out the joke or rudeness in his post. All I read is an observation of one ironic aspect of this potential move.

not saying it was here....

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

Archived