NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

Something like...

I appreciate your concern at this time, but I am currently hard at work getting Ovechkin a sponsorship deal with McDonald's.

Sincerely, Gary Bettman

*Images of favorite sports teams/players*

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something like...

I appreciate your concern at this time, but I am currently hard at work getting Ovechkin a sponsorship deal with McDonald's.

Sincerely, Gary Bettman

more like:

Dear *******,

Thank you for your e-mail. Commissioner Bettman sends his appreciation for

your interest in the NHL and your passion for the Thrashers.

As a League, we take all franchise matters very seriously because we

understand the emotional and financial investments you make in the game and

in our franchises. We make all reasonable and best efforts to maintain

franchises in their current locations, and we have approached the

Thrashers' situation no differently from that of any other franchise. We

have been working with the Thrashers' ownership for some time in quest of a

solution to their issues, and we continue to work with them because of its

importance to us and to you.

Again, we value your support of the Thrashers and the NHL. Thank you so

much for taking the time to write.

Sincerely,

National Hockey League Public Relations

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

Oh, such a heartfelt automated response. Typical businessmen vernacular for, "Sorry that you spent a lot of money on Thrasher gear." But don't fret, Bettman cares a lot about the sunbelt markets; if he put up that much of a fight to protect the 'Yotes, then maybe the NHL will oversee the franchise. Or maybe Anson Carter will buy them.

Also, I know this conversation has veered from the thread topic a bit, so I'll add in that I dig Manitoba's antler font.

*Images of favorite sports teams/players*

Nobody "deserves" or doesn't deserve a team, but the conditions of the market are such that a Winnipeg team could be expected to do well.

for a couple years, until the novelty wears off and the team still hasn't won a playoff series and guys would rather play in Edmonton than Winnipeg

You know what? That's still a better situation then either Phoenix or Atlanta.

whoa whoa whoa. Atl is better of than Phoenix... the owners are the problem here...

I never said Atlanta was a worse situation then Phoenix. Only that Winnipeg is a better option then both of them.

For the record I agree with you. It's a dang shame that Bettman's ego the NHL is sacrificing the Thrashers to save the worse off Coyotes.

Agree 100%. The Coyotes have not turned a profit since their inaugural season. At some point this franchise is going to be relocated... why prolong the pain at the expense of the Thrashers? With the right management, theres no reason why the Thrashers couldn't prosper. Look at Nashville...

Nobody "deserves" or doesn't deserve a team, but the conditions of the market are such that a Winnipeg team could be expected to do well.

for a couple years, until the novelty wears off and the team still hasn't won a playoff series and guys would rather play in Edmonton than Winnipeg

whoa whoa whoa. Atl is better of than Phoenix... the owners are the problem here...

I never said Atlanta was a worse situation then Phoenix. Only that Winnipeg is a better option then both of them.

For the record I agree with you. It's a dang shame that Bettman's ego the NHL is sacrificing the Thrashers to save the worse off Coyotes.

Agree 100%. The Coyotes have not turned a profit since their inaugural season. At some point this franchise is going to be relocated... why prolong the pain at the expense of the Thrashers? With the right management, theres no reason why the Thrashers couldn't prosper. Look at Nashville...

problem is atlanta hasnt made money either, every time ive seen any of their owners talk about it they say they never made a penny

unfortunately for the thrashers, the NHL is already babysitting the coyotes and there is no chance the nhl would buy a second team just to save them, the other owners would not like that much

Promoting a minor league AHL brand as an NHL team seems like a huge waste of money to me and besides, this is Winnipeg we're talking about. They're not going to sell Manitoba Moose gear outside of Manitoba. An new NHL brand from Manitoba is about as regional a product as you can get. If they want recognition they need a property that already has some. Winnipeg Jets actually does sell as a brand because there's a history there. Manitoba Moose is just minor league on every level.

298-f.jpg

manitoba-moose-game-worn-green-jersey-joel-perrault-26_220770763209.jpg

I prefer the white jersey, but the logo and color scheme look fine to me. I could do without the black on the green jersey, but I never like pairing black with another dark color. Seems they should just use green. I always prefer block numbers, but this an era of custom fonts for every team. Might as well have antlers. No worse than the Avalanche, I suppose.

Seeing the full NHL logo sheet with the Moose subbed in helps, too. It doesn't look out of place to me. Also, Manitoba Moose is no worse than any other singular name. In fact it might be better since it actually is plural.

298-f.jpg

manitoba-moose-game-worn-green-jersey-joel-perrault-26_220770763209.jpg

I prefer the white jersey, but the logo and color scheme look fine to me. I could do without the black on the green jersey, but I never like pairing black with another dark color. Seems they should just use green. I always prefer block numbers, but this an era of custom fonts for every team. Might as well have antlers. No worse than the Avalanche, I suppose.

Seeing the full NHL logo sheet with the Moose subbed in helps, too. It doesn't look out of place to me. Also, Manitoba Moose is no worse than any other singular name. In fact it might be better since it actually is plural.

I could do without the overdesigned, piping lined shoulder yolks that intersect with sleeve stripes that don't match the ones on the hemline.

I could do without the overdesigned, piping lined shoulder yolks that intersect with sleeve stripes that don't match the ones on the hemline.

afrstep39r263g2tl09l8yug3.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

problem is atlanta hasnt made money either, every time ive seen any of their owners talk about it they say they never made a penny

unfortunately for the thrashers, the NHL is already babysitting the coyotes and there is no chance the nhl would buy a second team just to save them, the other owners would not like that much

Are you forgetting about the lawsuits that the group had within the past 5 years suing eachother that racked up millions of dollars in court fees? They used ATL Spirit money for personal use...

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

This isn't as bad for two reasons

01) The Sleeve Stripes are complete

02) The yolk isn't really a yolk. Its just a stylized outline of one and using thick stripes (as opposed to piping) gives it more purpose.

This isn't as bad for two reasons

01) The Sleeve Stripes are complete

02) The yolk isn't really a yolk. Its just a stylized outline of one and using thick stripes (as opposed to piping) gives it more purpose.

My bad. Here you go.

e5e8yaighvhh04ut7y6rkquf6.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Screenshot2011-05-18at22321PMcopycopycopy.png

The only logo that stands out as "amateur" or "minor league" is the new Lightning logo.

I think you missed the Washington Capitals. Though I suppose it's easy to miss, rather than have a logo, they spelled out the word CAPITALS, below the smaller font word WASHINGTON...

tigercatssignature-1.png

My eyes are drawn to that misshapen P in the middle of the Capitals logo. Who thought that was a good idea? My god, it looks like a three wood.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

My eyes are drawn to that misshapen P in the middle of the Capitals logo. Who thought that was a good idea? My god, it looks like a three wood.

Pretty appropriate considering the Caps playoff performance the last couple years...

8prlQWA.png

Screenshot2011-05-18at22321PMcopycopycopy.png

The only logo that stands out as "amateur" or "minor league" is the new Lightning logo.

I think you missed the Washington Capitals. Though I suppose it's easy to miss, rather than have a logo, they spelled out the word CAPITALS, below the smaller font word WASHINGTON...

So the Anaheim Ducks one doesn't bother you at all?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived