NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

The only AHL logo that could hack it in the NHL is the Chicago Wolves, which is appropriate since they kind of see themselves as something between AHL and NHL. Maybe the Amerks?

Vet, what's wrong with the Weagle? Do you just prefer the diving eagle? That one was okay, but almost always said "Capitals" alongside it. The Capitol Dome logo was a mess.

I don't like the blue and red touching each other, nor do I like how wavy the lines are. I also think that the capitol dome cuts too much out of it. It looks like something I'd expect to see on a roller-hockey jersey. It could be fixed to my standards relatively easily though, but for now, I just do not think that it's a strong (neither literally strong nor strong in a design sense) primary mark.

Agreed on the old dome logo - that was horrible.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Left dormant in the event another team comes into town to resume it, I suppose.

That's very foolish. The Jets franchise moved to Phoenix. The Thrashers franchise is a seperate entity with it's own history. Who then would be the Winnipeg scoring leader?

I feel that ColeJ and nash61 has nailed this subject down pretty well.

I too agree with ColeJ on the matter.

The question you've yet to answer, however, is why do you care? You seem so eager to deny Winnipeg NHL hockey, yet you covet the history of the Jets. It's just odd.

The question you've yet to answer, however, is why do you care? You seem so eager to deny Winnipeg NHL hockey, yet you covet the history of the Jets. It's just odd.

I don't want Winnipeg to have my team. I'd wish there was one last expansion in the NHL, this time all-Canadian cities.

Besides, one of the reason that the Coyotes fans have the Whiteout is that the original Winnipeg Jets moved here, and we are celebrating the tradiions of what Winnipeg started.

I don't want Winnipeg to have my team.

The argument can be made that it's really Winnipeg's team. Please don't go off on a rant, because I actually want to seriously discuss this. When the Jets were primed to leave Winnipeg Bettman scuttled all attempts for local owners to buy the team and keep them there. When the Coyotes were in danger of leaving the greater Phoenix metropolitan area Bettman moved mountains to keep them in town. When asked why he was being so belligerent to the prospect of a team moving to a Canadian market Bettman said it wasn't a matter of US or Canada, he just wanted to keep all the teams where they were. Yet when the Jets were threatening to move he openly expressed his desire to see them move to Phoenix.

It just seems like when you compare the Jets moving to Phoenix in 1996 to the Coyotes potentially moving to a Canadian market in 2009-2011 Bettman's tone and stance on the matter of franchise relocation changes drastically. To a lot of people that comes off as the league stealing the Jets from Winnipeg and giving it Phoenix.

I'd wish there was one last expansion in the NHL, this time all-Canadian cities.

The NHL can barely manage 30 teams. This league cannot handle 32-34 teams. Realistically speaking if Canada's going to get more teams it'll be via relocation.

Besides, one of the reason that the Coyotes fans have the Whiteout is that the original Winnipeg Jets moved here, and we are celebrating the tradiions of what Winnipeg started.

I appreciate that, I really do. I like it when a team maintains the traditions of its past incarnation in another market. It builds a sense of continuity, as ColeJ alluded to. The Stars, Flames, and to a lesser extent the Avs, are all really good at establishing the links between the old and current incarnations of the teams. So in that respect I like to see the Whiteout continue.

The manner in which Bettman pulled for the team to leave Winnipeg and the manner in which he's moved mountains to keep the Coyotes in Glendale, however, rubs a lot of people, myself included, the wrong way. It makes your honouring of the Jets history seem like a case of thievery rather then respect.

Just so you have a better idea of where people are coming from ;)

So Winnipeg also let their arena get overrun by Detroit fans?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Who else is excited for the Stars new third? I've been sick and tired of seeing these ugly uniforms for the past 4 seasons. I'm so excited that green is making a possible comeback

Well, a few pages back, we have sources that say the Stars will have a green 3rd jersey, and my thoughts.

Who else is excited for the Stars new third? I've been sick and tired of seeing these ugly uniforms for the past 4 seasons. I'm so excited that green is making a possible comeback

Me! The Stars current jerseys are atrocious. This team has had such a great history with good looking uniforms too! The original kelly green accented ones carried over from the North Stars were perfect. The Star striped ones from the late 90's to mid 2000's were also great. Such a shame they currently wear long sleeved basketball jerseys with generic stripes.

what about the islanders? any word if they still plan on adding a third? i hope to god its not black as rumored, it would be nice to see them attempt an orange jersey again. blue orange and white, to me is one of the best color combos in sports (mets, islanders, knicks, broncos, astros, bears,)

Mets, Jets, Islanders

The NHL Logos on Demand site just sent out an e-mail about the 2011-12 Sabres logo package.

Both Buffaslug logos that were still in use as secondary marks are now kaput as well.

The slug is now 100% gone from Buffalo's logo identity.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

The NHL Logos on Demand site just sent out an e-mail about the 2011-12 Sabres logo package.

Both Buffaslug logos that were still in use as secondary marks are now kaput as well.

PartyPartyParty Let's All Get Wasted.

I guess I must be one of the only people who thought the Buffaslug was decent. It violated the head/shoulders only or full body rule but besides that it wasn't bad at all.

I'm a SABRES fan since they joined the league. I was never in love with the original logo or colors. I loved the old pepsi bottlecap logo of the AHL BISONS.

That goat-looking logo change in the mid 90s was awful.

The slug logo I have no idea what they were thinking, but loved the uniform of them. That was a real nice shade of blue. Not too dark and not too

light or bright royal.

IMO if they had dropped the slug in favor of the alternate logo, then ya had a winner. Keep the original '70/'71 set as the alternate for the purists.

sabres_prev_altlogo.jpg

If Winnipeg comes back as the moose, please make these your 3rd...

image17bw.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

What's going on with that logo near the shoulder? Looks like a chimney with hands as moose antlers...

Looks a bit like the Texas Rangers' "Antlers" logo (on the right; the "Claw" is on the left)...

ClawAntler.jpg

May God bless you all and fill your hearts with faith, hope, and love!

Is the "B" sword logo still there? I keep hoping they will add it to the shoulders of their current set. It can unite their entire history!!!

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

BREAKING: New Winnipeg Jets logo LEAKED!!!!!!

248050_104556972969084_100002443454350_42482_6270475_n.jpg

That's...so very 90s. I can't say I hate it...I'm just kinda stunned. The "bird head", in quotes because who knows what it truly is now, is the only thing that looks like it belongs. The zig-zags in the word JETS just seems so...zubaz-level of unnecessary. If that part seems that unnecessary, I don't even have words for the hockey stick, whatever it is wrapping around the hockey stick (it's no longer a wing, right?) and just, well, everything.

Please tell me you made it. As a concept, I can respect it for being clever. As a logo on the sweater of the resurrected favorite franchise of my childhood...I'm hoping not.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

BREAKING: New Winnipeg Jets logo LEAKED!!!!!!

248050_104556972969084_100002443454350_42482_6270475_n.jpg

That's...so very 90s. I can't say I hate it...I'm just kinda stunned. The "bird head", in quotes because who knows what it truly is now, is the only thing that looks like it belongs. The zig-zags in the word JETS just seems so...zubaz-level of unnecessary. If that part seems that unnecessary, I don't even have words for the hockey stick, whatever it is wrapping around the hockey stick (it's no longer a wing, right?) and just, well, everything.

Please tell me you made it. As a concept, I can respect it for being clever. As a logo on the sweater of the resurrected favorite franchise of my childhood...I'm hoping not.

It's not mine. I found it on one of the Jets Facebook pages and I found it hilarious enough that it needs to be posted here. Basically, it was a joke.

Archived