NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

In actually looking at the Thrashers' colo(u)rs, I can't help but think that if you swapped the two blues for two corresponding greens, then you'd have a more than decent colo(u)r palette for the Moose.

quick n dirty:

thrashjets.gif

Please note: I am only doing this to show the colo(u)r palette. Not a logo proposal of any kind.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those colors do look good together, but, IMO, they are a bit too close enough to the Wild scheme. But, since they aren't presented as a logo proposal, I guess it's moot. ;)

(Please, professional designers, be gentle with my simple assessment of "similar" colors if you take issue with them.)

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

In actually looking at the Thrashers' colo(u)rs, I can't help but think that if you swapped the two blues for two corresponding greens, then you'd have a more than decent colo(u)r palette for the Moose.

quick n dirty:

thrashjets.gif

Please note: I am only doing this to show the colo(u)r palette. Not a logo proposal of any kind.

I would say it's to similar to what the Wild wear, but does anyone know what that is anymore?

Anyway they could keep the Thrashers name. The brown thrasher, the team's namesake, makes its way up to Winnipeg in the summer months. Hockey's a winter sport, granted, but still, the animal does have a presence in Manitoba.

Those colors do look good together, but, IMO, they are a bit too close enough to the Wild scheme. But, since they aren't presented as a logo proposal, I guess it's moot. ;)

(Please, professional designers, be gentle with my simple assessment of "similar" colors if you take issue with them.)

I certainly agree - those are WAY to close to the Wild's color scheme to be a good option (IMO).

In regards to the name, if we can have new Senators why not a new Jets?

(and yes I know the whole Coyotes own the Jets history thing, but Ottawa gets to pretend they're old)

I thought they have a long-standing dispute with the NHL for not letting them claim championships from 80 years ago?

OldRomanSig2.jpg

That's a concept done by one of the members here. It's in the concepts forum.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

In regards to the name, if we can have new Senators why not a new Jets?

(and yes I know the whole Coyotes own the Jets history thing, but Ottawa gets to pretend they're old)

I thought they have a long-standing dispute with the NHL for not letting them claim championships from 80 years ago?

That didn't stop them from hanging banners.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Why not do what the NFL did with Cleveland and allow the new Winnipeg team (and yes it is going to happen, it's just a matter of crossing the t's and dotting the i's) to reclaim their old history and what not and allow Phoenix (while the are still in Phoenix)to be a "new" team. Isn't that what they did with the Browns when they came back into the league and let the Ravens be a "new" team?

Why not do what the NFL did with Cleveland and allow the new Winnipeg team (and yes it is going to happen, it's just a matter of crossing the t's and dotting the i's) to reclaim their old history and what not and allow Phoenix (while the are still in Phoenix)to be a "new" team. Isn't that what they did with the Browns when they came back into the league and let the Ravens be a "new" team?

Then who owns the Thrashers history? Phoenix?!?! Or will they get tossed aside for who knows when?

And what about the retired Jets banners at Jobing.com Arena? Seems very insicere move for the NHL to let the Coyotes retire them and then take that away from them.

It can also be argued that it was a very insincere move for the NHL to take Winnipeg away in the first place, but you don't like to hear that kind of thing.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

It can also be argued that it was a very insincere move for the NHL to take Winnipeg away in the first place, but you don't like to hear that kind of thing.

Could the same be said when the Flames move to Calgary, or is it only appled when teams move south?

Saw this hat online, could just be a fashion hat, or could be the modernization of the stars logo for the new third jersey. Only time will tell

Considering that it's already been removed, maybe that's a hint to it actually being legit, whatever it was. What exactly did it look like?

Hey, you brought it up. I don't remember the situation around the Flames moving to Calgary in the first place, so I can't comment there, other than the Flames were averaging around 12,000 per game back then.

That being said, there's a rich pro hockey history in Winnipeg, and not in Phoenix. If the new team wants to retire 9, 10 and 25, I say let them. Winnipeg is where those guys made their marks, not Phoenix.

We'll see how it all shakes out. If the NHL sees fit to include Jets history in its $60M "relocation fee" then so be it.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Hey, you brought it up. I don't remember the situation around the Flames moving to Calgary in the first place, so I can't comment there, other than the Flames were averaging around 12,000 per game back then.

That being said, there's a rich pro hockey history in Winnipeg, and not in Phoenix. If the new team wants to retire 9, 10 and 25, I say let them. Winnipeg is where those guys made their marks, not Phoenix.

We'll see how it all shakes out. If the NHL sees fit to include Jets history in its $60M "relocation fee" then so be it.

Then what about the Thrashers' history? Hmm?

They don't have one.

Do you have any learing? They have stats, a leading goal scorer (Kovalchuck), etc. It may not be spectatular as other franchsises, but the Thrashers have a histroy. Who gets them if the Atlanta team moves to Winnipeg?

Archived