NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

Screenshot2011-05-18at22321PMcopycopycopy.png

The only logo that stands out as "amateur" or "minor league" is the new Lightning logo.

I think you missed the Washington Capitals. Though I suppose it's easy to miss, rather than have a logo, they spelled out the word CAPITALS, below the smaller font word WASHINGTON...

So the Anaheim Ducks one doesn't bother you at all?

The predators is the worst, talk about minor league...

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only logo that stands out as "amateur" or "minor league" is the new Lightning logo.

I think you missed the Washington Capitals. Though I suppose it's easy to miss, rather than have a logo, they spelled out the word CAPITALS, below the smaller font word WASHINGTON...

The predators is the worst, talk about minor league...

Seeing the tiny Ducks wordmark amongst all of those bigger, more interesting logos is depressing. Even the Caps wordmark manages to stand out more.

The Manitoba Moose head by itself doesn't look too bad, but would need simplifying to bring it maybe the same level as the Sharks logo. Same could be said for the Preds.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I hate the Capitals wordmark logo, I was extremely disappointed when they came out with it. Obviously, I love the Weagle, and it should be the primary.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I think the current Moose jersey and logo is better suited for the AHL. The name and colors can work but with a new logo and jersey.

Are you saying you don't like this logo?

Moose_logo.jpg

Now I've read everything on this board.

I like it in the AHL, not the NHL

I like this in the AHL, would not make a good NHL logo

gdf4ubcecpfm2dhm3foi.gif

Nash hit the nail right on the head.

Seeing the new Lightning logo on shirts and hats looks pathetic. It's really a poor logo with no depth and huge downgrade from what they have.

I really hope it won't last. Their attempt to make an iconic logo failed miserably.

Oh, and I like the Preds logo. I think it's cool and creative and has depth. Something the new Bolts logo lacks entirely.

2ly2w09.jpg

So now that the "not confirmed" stories are all over the place, including NHL.com (which is terrible, everything on NHL.com should be official), and Atlanta is the official conduit for moving teams from the US to Canada,

Winnipeg and Calgary should play one game a year in Atlanta as a throwback special. They can call it the "Too Soon?" game.

atlanta%20flames%20jersey.jpg vs FF_170545_s.jpg

...hell, doing it this way might be more profitable than the Thrashers ever were! lol.

Sorry, Atlanta, but after how many comments about how "Canada keeps losing teams to the US", you guys lose two teams to Canada? How crazy is that?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Winnipeg and Calgary should play one game a year in Atlanta as a throwback special. They can call it the "Too Soon?" game.

"The Frozen Peach Bowl"?

I know some relocated sides have given a nod in various ways to their previous selves, but you'd have to think Atlannipeg would be more interested in celebrating the history of the Jets than the Thrashers. Which might be awkward for the Yotes...

Why they're not using the Weagle as their primary is beyond me. Best they've ever had.

We disagree.

My eyes are drawn to that misshapen P in the middle of the Capitals logo. Who thought that was a good idea? My god, it looks like a three wood.

Now that you mention it... yeah it does look like a golf club. I still like it though. I think they should have made the letters larger and bolder, and put them on the jersey individually instead of on a patch though, but I like the overall style. I think it was a nice update.

This place is just so funny. We start with "the team might be called the Manitoba Moose" and somehow get to "the Predators logo sucks". Hehehuh.

Pretty much every rational discussion anywhere will lead you to "the Predators logo sucks".

I was having a discussion at work about financial engines, and even that devolved into a Predators logo bashing session.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's fixable, remove the 'ucks' and you got a fairly good functional hockey logo.

tigercatssignature-1.png

I think the current Moose jersey and logo is better suited for the AHL. The name and colors can work but with a new logo and jersey.

Are you saying you don't like this logo?

Moose_logo.jpg

Now I've read everything on this board.

I like it in the AHL, not the NHL

I like this in the AHL, would not make a good NHL logo

gdf4ubcecpfm2dhm3foi.gif

I agree, that logo would not make a good NHL logo, but it already isn't a good AHL logo. That logo is terrible. I think the Moose logo is one of the few AHL logos that has the stuff to move up to the NHL. The others would be Charlotte, and Grand Rapids.

PvO6ZWJ.png

My eyes are drawn to that misshapen P in the middle of the Capitals logo. Who thought that was a good idea? My god, it looks like a three wood.

Now that you mention it... yeah it does look like a golf club. I still like it though. I think they should have made the letters larger and bolder, and put them on the jersey individually instead of on a patch though, but I like the overall style. I think it was a nice update.

I like the update, for the most part. I just can't get over those white/red panels on the sleeves. What are they supposed to be? They just bug me.

This place is just so funny. We start with "the team might be called the Manitoba Moose" and somehow get to "the Predators logo sucks". Hehehuh.

Pretty much every rational discussion anywhere will lead you to "the Predators logo sucks".

I was having a discussion at work about financial engines, and even that devolved into a Predators logo bashing session.

Well it IS an over-designed/over-chromed piece of crap.

The only AHL logo that could hack it in the NHL is the Chicago Wolves, which is appropriate since they kind of see themselves as something between AHL and NHL. Maybe the Amerks?

Vet, what's wrong with the Weagle? Do you just prefer the diving eagle? That one was okay, but almost always said "Capitals" alongside it. The Capitol Dome logo was a mess.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Here's what the NHL should announce on Tuesday. Seeing as the NHL is the current owner of the Phoenix Coyotes they have a very rare opertunity to right a wrong and make NHL team history less cloudy and confusing. I can't imaging how hard it would be if you were a Minnesota North Stats fan and continued to be a fan when the moved to Dallas, Then Minnesota gets the Wild. So now what? Who to cheer for? Lets not have this happen again.

So...

The NHL buys the Atlanta Thrashers.

The NHL Sells the Phoenix Coyotes to True North Sports

True North Relocates the Coyotes back to Winnipeg as the Winnipeg Jets

The NHL reloctes the Atlanta Thrashers to Phoenix as the Phoenix Roadrunners

The NHL sells The Phoenix Roadrunners to Mathew Hulsizer.

Phoenix Roadrunners lose 31 Million

Phoenix Roadrunners lose 38 million

Mathew Hulsizer sells Phoenix Roadrunners to Jim Balsillie who relocates to Hamilton as the Hamilton Tigers

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

The only AHL logo that could hack it in the NHL is the Chicago Wolves, which is appropriate since they kind of see themselves as something between AHL and NHL. Maybe the Amerks?

Vet, what's wrong with the Weagle? Do you just prefer the diving eagle? That one was okay, but almost always said "Capitals" alongside it. The Capitol Dome logo was a mess.

Are you serious? They have the worst logo in the league. It's a clip art wolf in front of a puck and stick

Here's what the NHL should announce on Tuesday. Seeing as the NHL is the current owner of the Phoenix Coyotes they have a very rare opertunity to right a wrong and make NHL team history less cloudy and confusing. I can't imaging how hard it would be if you were a Minnesota North Stats fan and continued to be a fan when the moved to Dallas, Then Minnesota gets the Wild. So now what? Who to cheer for? Lets not have this happen again.

So...

The NHL buys the Atlanta Thrashers.

The NHL Sells the Phoenix Coyotes to True North Sports

True North Relocates the Coyotes back to Winnipeg as the Winnipeg Jets

The NHL reloctes the Atlanta Thrashers to Phoenix as the Phoenix Roadrunners

The NHL sells The Phoenix Roadrunners to Mathew Hulsizer.

Phoenix Roadrunners lose 31 Million

Phoenix Roadrunners lose 38 million

Mathew Hulsizer sells Phoenix Roadrunners to Jim Balsillie who relocates to Hamilton as the Hamilton Tigers

First of all, no one in Minnesota continued to root for the team in Dallas. It doesn't work like that.

Secondly, I think that if the Thrashers move to Winnipeg they should not be the Jets. The Jets were the team that's now playing in Phoenix. They should keep Thrashers or come up with something else.

Are you serious? They have the worst logo in the league. It's a clip art wolf in front of a puck and stick

Agreed. Their uniform design is nice, but that logo is a hot mess.

Archived