NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

Hey, you brought it up. I don't remember the situation around the Flames moving to Calgary in the first place, so I can't comment there, other than the Flames were averaging around 12,000 per game back then.

That being said, there's a rich pro hockey history in Winnipeg, and not in Phoenix. If the new team wants to retire 9, 10 and 25, I say let them. Winnipeg is where those guys made their marks, not Phoenix.

We'll see how it all shakes out. If the NHL sees fit to include Jets history in its $60M "relocation fee" then so be it.

Then what about the Thrashers' history? Hmm?

It ends at this season. Not that difficult.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They don't have one.

Do you have any learing? They have stats, a leading goal scorer (Kovalchuck), etc. It may not be spectatular as other franchsises, but the Thrashers have a histroy. Who gets them if the Atlanta team moves to Winnipeg?

The hearts and minds of all 200 fans who showed up to save the Thrashers.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

ColeJ is right; this is getting ridiculous.

If the Thrashers move to Winnipeg, the Manitoba capital gets the Thrashers history, not the Jets/Coyotes.

The Jets franchise moved to Phoenix. The Thrashers franchse, if they move, cannot be the Jets. It's just logic.

My apologies to ColeJ if I'm in the wrong, but this has to be the logical conclusion:

this thread has gotten ridiculous.

the coyotes are the jets. the jets left winnipeg, and are now in phoenix with a new name and logo.

the thrashers will be moving to winnipeg, and getting their own new name. if they want to honor their history, and put up jets banners, they're more than welcome in my opinion.

however, their all-time leading scorer will be ilya kovalchuk. not dale hawerchuk. they will not be the winnipeg jets, nor should they be.

If the Thrashers move to Winnipeg, the Manitoba capital gets the Thrashers history, not the Jets/Coyotes.

The Jets franchise moved to Phoenix. The Thrashers franchse, if they move, cannot be the Jets. It's just logic.

Not according to the Cleveland Browns.

6uXNWAo.png

Not according to the Cleveland Browns.

That's becasue the new Cleveland Browns came via expansion, not through another franchsise, like Winnipeg via the Atlanta Thrashers.

Who owns the franchise history of the Golden Seals? The Barons? There's no reason why the Thrashers' history couldn't simply end. They would be a franchise with a beginning and end, same as the Maroons and Americans.

Can you really ask a city to ignore its hockey history?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

They don't have one.

Do you have any learing? They have stats, a leading goal scorer (Kovalchuck), etc. It may not be spectatular as other franchsises, but the Thrashers have a histroy. Who gets them if the Atlanta team moves to Winnipeg?

It can be traded to Phoenix for cash and a prospect to be named later.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

They don't have one.

The hearts and minds of all 200 fans who showed up to save the Thrashers.

dude cut it out. There are plenty of Thrashers fans EVERYWHERE! http://www.examiner.com/atlanta-thrashers-in-atlanta/thrashers-obsession-is-world-wide-and-not-just-limited-to-atlanta

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

Who owns the franchise history of the Golden Seals? The Barons? There's no reason why the Thrashers' history couldn't simply end. They would be a franchise with a beginning and end, same as the Maroons and Americans.

Can you really ask a city to ignore its hockey history?

IIRC the Stars do technically....although given the circumstances of the creation of the San Jose Sharks, they could probably lay a decent claim to them. This presumes, once again though, that anybody would WANT the history of the runt of the 1967 litter.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It can also be argued that it was a very insincere move for the NHL to take Winnipeg away in the first place, but you don't like to hear that kind of thing.

Could the same be said when the Flames move to Calgary, or is it only appled when teams move south?

Appled? Did they belt the Flames with apples when they moved north?

What happened with the Flames really has no barring here, does it?

Fact is that Bettman cheered the new Jets owners on when they announced the move to Phoenix, he even scuttled local attempts to buy the team. When it looked like Coyotes would move he went to court to keep someone from buying the team and moving them to Canada and then he moved mountains to keep them in town after that. Fact is that when you compare how the Jets moved to Phoenix and how the league acted when the Coyotes looked like they might move north you have a very clear situation; it was insincere to move the Jets in the first place.

For the record, I believe franchise history should stay with a team, even if they move. I just find it laughable you have the audacity to cling to the Jets history so hard when your city flat out stole them from Winnipeg with league approval, and are now keeping them only because of league efforts and government subsidies.

I'm happy to know that Winnipeg will get another team soon, but I feel bad that the Thrashers are moving and not the Coyotes, because your market does not deserve them. If there's any justice on G-d's green Earth that team will be out of Arizona by next off-season.

It can also be argued that it was a very insincere move for the NHL to take Winnipeg away in the first place, but you don't like to hear that kind of thing.

Could the same be said when the Flames move to Calgary, or is it only appled when teams move south?

Fact is that Bettman cheered the new Jets owners on when they announced the move to Phoenix, he even scuttled local attempts to buy the team. When it looked like Coyotes would move he went to court to keep someone from buying the team and moving them to Canada and then he moved mountains to keep them in town after that. Fact is that when you compare how the Jets moved to Phoenix and how the league acted when the Coyotes looked like they might move north you have a very clear situation; it was insincere to move the Jets in the first place.

For the record, I believe franchise history should stay with a team, even if they move. I just find it laughable you have the audacity to cling to the Jets history so hard when your city flat out stole them from Winnipeg with league approval, and are now keeping them only because of league efforts and government subsidies.

I'm happy to know that Winnipeg will get another team soon, but I feel bad that the Thrashers are moving and not the Coyotes, because your market does not deserve them. If there's any justice on G-d's green Earth that team will be out of Arizona by next off-season.

EXACTLY! I dont understand what the deal is with bettman. He does all this BS for the yotes (who are worse off than we are) and you see daily updates on nhl.com and press conferences galore yet you havent seen or heard from him about the Thrashers... WHY? IT makes no sense!

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

Who then Deserves to have a team?

And you call that last sentense justice? What have we Coyotes/Phoenix fans did to deserve such unjust distain?

Who then Deserves to have a team?

And you call that last sentense justice? What have we Coyotes/Phoenix fans did to deserve such unjust distain?

Failed to exist, for the most part.

Today, we are all otaku.

Failed to exist, for the most part.

What about the early years at the US Airways Center? When the arena was sold out? And the playoffs?

Try to find pictures from games NOT involving Detroit.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived