NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

Just saw the Nashville Predators' new logo set. They're keeping the same jersey crest as their primary, but it's colored differently. It now has a yellow curve going right through the middle of it...looks kinda odd. Might take a little while to get used to it.

They're also introducing a new "NP" logo -- different from their current alternate. It's slanted to the right...not really anything to write home about.

Yellow curve? Can you elaborate any further on that? Did they simplify the colors of the logo at all? Is the triangle behind the predator head? Any word on the jerseys? Have you ever been in a Turkish prison? So many questions! lol

The color set is very, very similar to that of the classic Milwaukee Brewers palette -- royal blue, golden yellow, white. I think there's a dash of gray/silver as well.

The previously posted "NP" logo on that mask seems like the one I saw, too -- so yes, that's the new alternate.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saw the Nashville Predators' new logo set. They're keeping the same jersey crest as their primary, but it's colored differently. It now has a yellow curve going right through the middle of it...looks kinda odd. Might take a little while to get used to it.

They're also introducing a new "NP" logo -- different from their current alternate. It's slanted to the right...not really anything to write home about.

Yellow curve? Can you elaborate any further on that? Did they simplify the colors of the logo at all? Is the triangle behind the predator head? Any word on the jerseys? Have you ever been in a Turkish prison? So many questions! lol

The color set is very, very similar to that of the classic Milwaukee Brewers palette -- royal blue, golden yellow, white. I think there's a dash of gray/silver as well.

The previously posted "NP" logo on that mask seems like the one I saw, too -- so yes, that's the new alternate.

So is the navy gone from both the logo and jerseys?

I haven't seen the jerseys yet, but I don't recall seeing any navy in the logo set at all. Could've missed it as an accent or something, but I don't believe it was in there.

I haven't seen the jerseys yet, but I don't recall seeing any navy in the logo set at all. Could've missed it as an accent or something, but I don't believe it was in there.

What about the fossilized skull logo? Will that be sticking around or just the version on the checkerboard circle?

This is not by any means an insult to the rumoured changes, but if what I've heard so far is indeed accurate, next year's team may look a hell of a lot like Team Sweden. I'm still hoping that it's all true though, especially to what could be the first yellow home (or road) jersey since 1989. I'm strongly looking foward to what they are going to unveil to us.

You know, the more I think about it, the more I wish the Lightning had taken their alternate jersey, replaced "Bolts" with the Lightning logo they have now, and add a white and black version of that to complete the set. Aside from the "Bolts" wordmark (and maybe the Tampa Bay on the bottom hem), that jersey's really sharp.

The piping to nowhere also knocks it down a peg.

Otherwise its a very sharp uniform.

Not only is it very sharp, but the black helmet-blue jersey-black pants-blue socks look is unique in the NHL.

PvO6ZWJ.png

What about the fossilized skull logo? Will that be sticking around or just the version on the checkerboard circle?

I didn't see the fossilized skull at all. Again, this was a VERY quick glance at the logo sheet, but I didn't see it anywhere.

You know, the more I think about it, the more I wish the Lightning had taken their alternate jersey, replaced "Bolts" with the Lightning logo they have now, and add a white and black version of that to complete the set. Aside from the "Bolts" wordmark (and maybe the Tampa Bay on the bottom hem), that jersey's really sharp.

Not only is it very sharp, but the black helmet-blue jersey-black pants-blue socks look is unique in the NHL.

Hasn't been used much, if at all, since:

316280.jpg

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Hasn't been used much, if at all, since:

316280.jpg

what about colorado's thirds? I think they wear black pants/gloves with the blue jersey/socks

So just a conspiracy question...with the entire debacle that is the Phoenix Coyotes ownership situation, would the prospective owners in Winnipeg already have edge Jets jerseys ready to be sold and if it isn't the Coyotes but Atlanta that relocates to Winnipeg, would they have Moose stuff ready for the potential move? Like I said, it's just a random question with all of this news about potential relocation happening and the Glendale vote happening tonight as well.

Not this year ;)

My money is now on "Falcons" being the name of whatever team, transplanted or expansion, that goes into Winnipeg. I have no inside information on any of this. It is a guess.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I suspect Tampa Bay will be in their new uniforms for the Easterm Conference Final. The NHL website www.nhl.com is now using the new logo in the article anouncing the Conference final schedule as well as in the team logo bar at the top of the main page. What do you think?

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

I think that would be a good sign that they might be letting the Lightning switch for this series. If they were doing it just to promote the Lightning branding, they would have switched it a couple months ago.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I think it's wishful thinking to believe the Lightning will be allowed to wear the new uniforms anytime during the rest of the playoffs. Quite frankly, I was completely surprised that they were allowed to debut them midseason. I gotta believe that there is some sort of agreement between Tampa Bay, the NHL, and Reebok, where they could show off the new duds but not wear them, in order to get rid of the old stuff first.

I remembering hearing about how if a player wanted to change their number mid-season with the same team, they would have to buy up all their own stuff before they would be allowed to. I think it was Paval Kubina when he was with the Leafs.

As for the Predators, hate the idea of a curve on the logo, but love the idea of a yellow/gold jersey. I liked their old mustard jersey except for the collar. It was definately a unique jersey.

not sure about the number change mid-season...

a few years back, the stars traded for chris therien at the deadline, while trevor daley was wearing #6. they gave therien 6, and daley switched to 5 for the rest of the season, then back to 6 when it was over.

i strongly doubt daley had to buy up all his merchandise to give the number to a player with tenure. he's a standup guy and all, but i doubt he'd be willing to drop that kind of change for a new teammmate.

also, my contribution to this thread:

my 2 sources (1 will remain nameless, the other is brett hull :P) claim that the stars new alternate jerseys next season will be kelly green, completely devoid of "retro-circle-logo-itis" and without drawstrings on the collar. it is supposedly based on the north stars aesthetic, and last i heard, would feature a new logo that is likely to be a letter. D or S or both.

not sure about the number change mid-season...

a few years back, the stars traded for chris therien at the deadline, while trevor daley was wearing #6. they gave therien 6, and daley switched to 5 for the rest of the season, then back to 6 when it was over.

i strongly doubt daley had to buy up all his merchandise to give the number to a player with tenure. he's a standup guy and all, but i doubt he'd be willing to drop that kind of change for a new teammmate.

If the team forces you to change because another player has seniority, then I doubt they would make him. Another such case was Nik Antropov giving up 11 for 80 when Owne Nolan came to Toronto.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Okay, after googling, I'm still not entirely sure if it's a rule or not, but when Kubina switched his number midseason from 31 to 73 he agreed to pay for everyone who bought his jersey to get the new digits stitched on. Don't know if that means he did it because he decided that was the right thing to do or a rule.

I doubt that the NHL has such a rule in place. For one, they don't have that much foresight.

The NFL is the only league, I believe, which has such a thing in place.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived