NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

Any Panthers news?

We're discussing the NHL.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't think the Sharks wearing their black jerseys in the playoffs means any kind of change for them later, do you?

I asked Brodie Brazil(sharks "sideline" reporter) on Twitter and he said the players chose to wear them because they feel they are lighter.

Its probably nothing but I've noticed the Minnesota Wild website is sporting more and more black. It even sports versions of the primary logo where green is replaced with black. It'd be an absolute travesty if they went this route.

Its probably nothing but I've noticed the Minnesota Wild website is sporting more and more black. It even sports versions of the primary logo where green is replaced with black. It'd be an absolute travesty if they went this route.

Yeah. They've replaced the green with black on the main logo on the front page and the background's also black. Maybe they're just trolling with us. :P

If it keeps going like this, in two years the colour combo for every team in the NHL is going to be Blue, White and Black (with, of course, powder blue jerseys with laces and that retro circle crest with the logo inside it).

Any Panthers news?

I honestly can't tell if you're serious. :blink:

089218447890.jpg

I doesn't seem like a joke, it just makes him sound stupid and ignorant.

Why exactly are you so upset?

Let's "talk it out."

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Any Panthers news?

089218447890.jpg

Let's "talk it out."

Or you could talk about sports logos...

Any Panthers news?

089218447890.jpg

Let's "talk it out."

Or you could talk about sports logos...

The damn joke is that the Panthers are so bad that their existence defies our memories. It is not really funny because both Panthers teams are awful.

Oh and I think there's a red alt coming or something.

Bumping back up this quote in regards to the new Lightning uniforms...

I don't think they'd allow them, but I doubt the refs would stop them from taking the ice if they wore the new uniforms. If they do make the finals, I'd like to see the Lightning come out in the new uniforms and just take whatever fine they get.

0131-tbl-playersmodel.jpg

YES THEY SHOULD!! :hockeysmiley:

I don't think they'd allow them, but I doubt the refs would stop them from taking the ice if they wore the new uniforms. If they do make the finals, I'd like to see the Lightning come out in the new uniforms and just take whatever fine they get.

Agreed. Tough to forge a "new identity" if the team ends up winning the Cup in a lame duck uniform. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if they did throw on the new uniforms if they make the finals.

70389454.png

Perhaps they could take a page out of the Mighty Ducks book (movie) and change jerseys in the intermission.

But seriously, there is no way they would do that. Players have to break in new equipment (if it's even created) and hockey players are notoriously superstitious. I doubt they want to change anything about how they're playing right now.

No... just no.

These lightning jerseys have now had 3 months to gestate and my feelings about them are the same as when they were released. They are awful! Sure Tampa's current uniforms leave much to be desired (The front numbers, the ugly Reebok template, the black bleeding into the blue) but these new uniforms suck all character and tradition out of the Lightning Identity. If the Canucks get eliminated I hope Tampa Bay wins the cup. Then they will have two Championships in Black Blue White and Silver leaving the organization no choice but to mothball the bland, unoriginal, red wing clones they released in march.

No... just no.

These lightning jerseys have now had 3 months to gestate and my feelings about them are the same as when they were released. They are awful! Sure Tampa's current uniforms leave much to be desired (The front numbers, the ugly Reebok template, the black bleeding into the blue) but these new uniforms suck all character and tradition out of the Lightning Identity. If the Canucks get eliminated I hope Tampa Bay wins the cup. Then they will have two Championships in Black Blue White and Silver leaving the organization no choice but to mothball the bland, unoriginal, red wing clones they released in march.

I approve this message.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

is that some black I see there?! Now just integrate some silver and we could be cooking with gas.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived