NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Tampa uniforms grew on me since the recent update.

Wow, another logodude...and this one spelled it correctly! I kind of wanted to see looooogodude stuck with his name because of his carelessness, but we may have to give him the change now, eh?

Keep in mind that they've already tweaked the new look, going with this for the home unis:

0223-tbl-revisedunis.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1298500361194

Im sorry but a thin black line line around the numbers and Bolt design does not cut it. If they were going to add black they should have added it to the stripes and logo's to complete the look. All this half assed update does is re-affirm the awfulocity of what was unveiled.

Keep in mind that they've already tweaked the new look, going with this for the home unis:

Im sorry but a thin black line line around the numbers and Bolt design does not cut it. If they were going to add black they should have added it to the stripes and logo's to complete the look. All this half assed update does is re-affirm the awfulocity of what was unveiled.

If it was even possible (which I guess it was), adding the bolt to the pants and black trim to the numbers makes the uniforms worse. The Lightning now have an original six-ish uniform from the waist up, and a modern uniform from the waist down.

Well apparently they're already planning to add black highlights to the sweater striping for the 2012-2013 season.

True but they'll still be missing the most distinctive part of the identity... the metallic silver circle the bolt has been incased in since 1993.

The Tampa uniforms grew on me since the recent update.

I would recommend that you see a doctor about having them removed.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

[0223-tbl-revisedunis.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1298500361194

This entire set just cries out for black pants.

And electric-yellow trim.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just saw the Nashville Predators' new logo set. They're keeping the same jersey crest as their primary, but it's colored differently. It now has a yellow curve going right through the middle of it...looks kinda odd. Might take a little while to get used to it.

They're also introducing a new "NP" logo -- different from their current alternate. It's slanted to the right...not really anything to write home about.

Just saw the Nashville Predators' new logo set. They're keeping the same jersey crest as their primary, but it's colored differently. It now has a yellow curve going right through the middle of it...looks kinda odd. Might take a little while to get used to it.

They're also introducing a new "NP" logo -- different from their current alternate. It's slanted to the right...not really anything to write home about.

Is it the one on this helmet as Icethetics has speculated?

0423daveartpekkarinne.jpg

Well apparently they're already planning to add black highlights to the sweater striping for the 2012-2013 season.

True but they'll still be missing the most distinctive part of the identity... the metallic silver circle the bolt has been incased in since 1993.

I made logo concepts awhile back that do just what you said...

Primary Secondary

Source?

And if it's true, it would look even more half-assed since we now logo the logo won't be tweeked. They should just add those beloved victory stripes, call it a day, and stop continuously half-assing the set before it enters into Buffaslug territory.

I think they should have kept it as is. The small amount of black just looks out of place now. I like the bolts on the pants, but they should be solid white. Either add black outline to everything, or just leave it white.

70389454.png

Expect more black trim on the jersey, along with victory stripes, for 2012-13. The team has said as much. Adding black to the numbers and adding the pants bolt was all they could do at this late stage, since retail jerseys have been manufactured already.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Yellow curve? Can you elaborate any further on that? Did they simplify the colors of the logo at all? Is the triangle behind the predator head? Any word on the jerseys? Have you ever been in a Turkish prison? So many questions! lol

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

The Bolts set needs some black desperately. Black pants, or more black added to the striping and logo...something to make it pop. Right now it's still just so bland and boring.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

You know, the more I think about it, the more I wish the Lightning had taken their alternate jersey, replaced "Bolts" with the Lightning logo they have now, and add a white and black version of that to complete the set. Aside from the "Bolts" wordmark (and maybe the Tampa Bay on the bottom hem), that jersey's really sharp.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

You know, the more I think about it, the more I wish the Lightning had taken their alternate jersey, replaced "Bolts" with the Lightning logo they have now, and add a white and black version of that to complete the set. Aside from the "Bolts" wordmark (and maybe the Tampa Bay on the bottom hem), that jersey's really sharp.

The piping to nowhere also knocks it down a peg.

Otherwise its a very sharp uniform.

Archived