NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it is PHX that moves to Winnipeg, it does have to be the Jets. Ask anyone from Winnipeg, 99% want the "Jets" name.

I think it would be better to ask the guys that will be singing the paychecks.

The team could be called the Winnipeg Fart Sandwiches and they will sell out all games and move merchandise.

That being said, I'd prefer they go with Jets.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

If it is PHX that moves to Winnipeg, it does have to be the Jets. Ask anyone from Winnipeg, 99% want the "Jets" name.

If it's the Coyotes, then yes, I would want to see them go with the Jets name. If it's another team that moves to Winnipeg I would want to see them go with something else.

People are mindful of the fact that these are still the Winnipeg Jets. The whole thing has been about Bringing Back The Jets. Not just bringing back the NHL, the Jets. Not the Manitoba Moose or the Manitoba Falcons. When the Los Angeles Raiders moved back to Oakland, they didn't change their name to the California Longshoremen so that people would forget the pain of bad seasons and moving.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On the bright side, if (although more likely when) the Coyotes move back to Winnipeg, there will finally be a team with the colour green as the primary for the home jersey...even though I would prefer the Jets to come back.

I don't get it. Why? Where has the colors of a possible Winnipeg team been announced?

Am I alone in thinking that ATL's away is the blandest jersey in the league? All the colors and the bird turn into this muddy blob when filmed. I'm not saying it doesn't have an appeal up close. But televised...is there an uglier jersey in the sport? Not to me. The lack of the unique hemline / arrows (whatever they are)hurts from the start. But the jersey just becomes a drab mess when filmed. How did no one note this when testing these out???

Nope

Atlanta's away jerseys look like absolute crap. They tried to retain the unique "bird wing" striping of their original set by lazily shoehorning the design onto the Flyers (first) Edge Template. It was a half assed solution and it shows, The Bettman stripes on front make it look even worse. Its mind boggling that after ten plus years they still haven't had a set that matches.

On the bright side, if (although more likely when) the Coyotes move back to Winnipeg, there will finally be a team with the colour green as the primary for the home jersey...even though I would prefer the Jets to come back.

I don't get it. Why? Where has the colors of a possible Winnipeg team been announced?

Because somewhere on here it was said by True North Entertainment that if they bought the Coyotes, they would be keep the Manitoba Moose name from the AHL and they would use their current colours and logo. I believe it was on the front page of the sportslogos.net home page.

• 2 weeks later...

The Manitoba Moose brand is so dated and minor league looking. It's stuck in the 90's. They wear teal and brown for Pete's sake. It's NOT green it's teal!!! They also have the most ridiculous looking number set in the AHL. I know their logo was designed by a member on this board, but it's too busy for a major league team. If they don't keep the Jets' name I can't see why they would want to go with the minor league team name that replaced them. I cant see why they would change the team name if the same franchise returns either. That would be ridiculous.

I still die a little inside every time I see a Bolts game with those new terrible logos pasted all over. What a shame. They look even worse, if that's possible, with their nice current uni set/logos.

Just had to go change things just for money Vinik.

2ly2w09.jpg

I still die a little inside every time I see a Bolts game with those new terrible logos pasted all over. What a shame. They look even worse, if that's possible, with their nice current uni set/logos.

Just had to go change things just for money Vinik.

Their current logo/unis are quite awful. Anything is an improvement, and their new threads actually look great.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

It's amazing to me how everyone hates the Lightning's uniform and logos until they change, then all of a sudden they were classics.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's amazing to me how everyone hates the Lightning's uniform and logos until they change, then all of a sudden they were classics.

EVERYTHING IN THE PAST IS BETTER THAN IT IS NOW.

I always thought TB was one of the few teams that did quite well out of the Edge changes. Their current set is sharp. The new ones are pretty bland but I don't think either camp is going to convince anyone one way or another. Going retro is one thing if you're an older team, but going to 1950s design when you're a mid 90's expansion team seems weird. Just be true to your franchise's roots.

Also, the more I saw that Ducks alt in the playoffs, the less I liked it. The logo looks a little oversized to me for some reason. A slightly smaller version of the duckfoot on their regular jerseys would be perfect.

I've never said that I hated the new Lightning jerseys, I just think that they leave a lot to be desired. If there was a reasonable amount of black in there, I'd be applauding the move.

However, the jersey design looks to be very similar to that of the Red Wings, and that's my biggest gripe.

Archived