NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

i was actually expecting the stars to give out their "was supposed to be replaced with a green faux-back" white alternate sweater at the draft, since that's what they gave coach gulutzan at his press conference...

i don't think the stars are quite sure whats going on anymore with their unis. we need an owner real bad like.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks.

I think it's a winner, though part of me thinks the full crown logo (in black, white and silver) might look better.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I really like the jersey; however, I think I'd prefer the numbers being silver rather than black.

Silver numbers are impossible to read from a pressbox and likely will never be used again.

I thought San Antonio used silver numbers on their home jersey but, after checking them, I see that they use black. That's a shame, I loved the silver numbering. The Hull Olympiques' white jersey circa '97 used them perfectly.

I really like the jersey; however, I think I'd prefer the numbers being silver rather than black.

Silver numbers are impossible to read from a pressbox and likely will never be used again.

I thought San Antonio used silver numbers on their home jersey but, after checking them, I see that they use black. That's a shame, I loved the silver numbering. The Hull Olympiques' white jersey circa '97 used them perfectly.

2420689020069593086S600x600Q85.jpg

I don't disagree that this is a good look - in theory. Practically, from a broadcasters perspective, it's a nightmare to read at speed. I hope that no team ever uses these numbers again in a game that I broadcast...

2420689020069593086S600x600Q85.jpg

I don't disagree that this is a good look - in theory. Practically, from a broadcasters perspective, it's a nightmare to read at speed. I hope that no team ever uses these numbers again in a game that I broadcast...

Yeah, I definitely emphasize with that. Chicoutimi, around the same time, used white numbers on their white jerseys.

3-b.jpg

I wonder which numbers would be more difficult to read from the broadcast booth?

I have always liked that shield Kings logo as an alternate. But having it as a primary is a huge mistake. Nothing about that logo says "Kings" to me. A crown does. A lion does. But not that shield. The more I see it, the more I think of home plate

I agree. While I do like the new jerseys (I think the black and silver combo looks pretty sharp), I'm not crazy about that logo. The large crown was the best logo the Kings ever had. To shrink it down, put 2 giant letters above it, and put it inside home plate from a baseball diamond frankly, well... sucks!!!

The Catch of the Day!

jetscolors.jpg

I was thinking this could be a good update of the Jets' palette. I don't think anyone's using cobalt, sky blue, and red together, are they?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

jetscolors.jpg

I was thinking this could be a good update of the Jets' palette. I don't think anyone's using cobalt, sky blue, and red together, are they?

I don't think anyone else is and I love the combo but I bet they go dark. I expect a dark red, dark blue (not necessarily navy) and silver brand with copious piping on the jerseys.

SPECULATION TIME

I don't think they'll go silver. If they do use the modified red and blue, I think they'll drop a Vegas gold or bronze into the mix to tie back into the Moose as well as the Bue Bombers. I'd still like them to use a dark grey in some form, though, since you know, it might actually be a color of a real jet.

We'll see.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Yeah, another team in light blue, that's what the NHL needs! =)

I wish the Kings would've stuck with purple, sorry to toot my own horn but I think something along these lines would be so much more original: LosAngeles.png

I really like that template, but like most of you that logo just doesn't cut it as a primary. Throw it on the shoulders!

I always wanted to know the "color balance" of the NHL, because I think it's way out of whack. I think a cool graphic would be some sort of color wheel/etc. that shows where all the jerseys lie. Here's a quick attempt (I'll just do teams that have this as the main jersey color for simplicity), someone should research this more

Black: 12 (ANA (2), BOS (2), CAR, CHI, DAL, LA, OTT (will this one still exist?), PHO, PIT, SJ)

Blue: 10 (BUF, COL, EDM, NYI, NYR, STL, TB, TOR, VAN (2))

Red: 10 (CGY (2), CAR, CHI, DET, MIN, MTL, NJ, OTT, WSH)

Dark Blue: 7 (BUF, CBJ (2), EDM (will this one still exist?), FL, NYR, STL

Dark Red: 2 (COL, PHX)

Green: 1 (MIN)

Orange: 1 (PHI)

Baby Blue: 1 (PIT)

Teal: 1 (SJ)

Yellow: 1 (NSH)

So the morale of the story is no more black, red, or blue! How about some brown, green, orange, yellow?

SPECULATION TIME

I don't think they'll go silver. If they do use the modified red and blue, I think they'll drop a Vegas gold or bronze into the mix to tie back into the Moose as well as the Bue Bombers. I'd still like them to use a dark grey in some form, though, since you know, it might actually be a color of a real jet.

We'll see.

Well they can still use a kind of blue if they want to stick with actual jet colours....

23japan3600-1.jpg

Actually, looking at that picture just gave me an idea. It'd be pretty cool if the Jets went with a "slate" blue or a grayer blue like the plane up there. I'm thinking something like the Seahawks or the T-Wolves. It'd fit the weather in Winnipeg.

PvO6ZWJ.png

If anything, I'm surprised the 3rd jersey wasn't used, especially considering it's been used for every other public appearance since its unveiling.

The Ducks do like promoting the hell out of that thing - not that I'm complaining - but it's as if the NHL frowns upon the use of alternate jerseys at events like this. Cam Fowler and Jonas Hiller wore the regular home jerseys during the All Star weekend, but the Ducks got away with having Wild Wing wear the third instead :lol:

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived