NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's too late 90's to be legit, I think.

I hope, its also from puckdrawn, their winnipeg contest

What he said.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

If they use green, if only to piss off the Wild, I hope they go two-tone with it, like the 70's-80's Milwaukee Bucks. That was a color scheme you could set your watch to.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I'm sorry if I'm behind the times, but are the kings officially ditching purple?

Word from the KINGS has it that they will change their primary uniforms next season to the current third-jersey .. the black one with the "LA" logo while a newly created white version of that will become the full-time road jersey.

What I also heard is that the current home jersey, black & purple with the crown logo, will become the third jersey.

Preds jerseys are legit!

http://twitpic.com/5gbi15

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I can't help but wonder about Minnesota. Everything they're doing is green, including the runner wearing the green third. The team banners are all in the colours of the team's road uniform... EXCEPT MINNESOTA!

http://twitpic.com/5gacej

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I'm sorry if I'm behind the times, but are the kings officially ditching purple?

Word from the KINGS has it that they will change their primary uniforms next season to the current third-jersey .. the black one with the "LA" logo while a newly created white version of that will become the full-time road jersey.

What I also heard is that the current home jersey, black & purple with the crown logo, will become the third jersey.

What a completely ass-backwards way to do things.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Kings best look... only with a crown on the purple

Kings29.png

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

As much as it physically pains me to say this, those Kings roadies are really sharp. Touche, Luc Robataille.

Random thought that will send Still Mighty up the wall: if Bruce McNall didn't need $25 million and thus the Ducks never existed, black/orange/beige would've been a decent color scheme for the Kings, for the first time giving them a palette to call their own (Lakers, Raiders, Sacramento Kings, Raiders again).

1) I'm not really sure what part of this is supposed to drive me up the wall. The Bruce McNall needing $25 million, and thus the connection to the Ducks existence, or that the Ducks scheme (black/orange/beigey when in print and metallic gold in actual usage) would be a good Kings scheme. Because neither one really puts me either way. I could care less about how the Ducks came to be at this point. That day is long gone, and the Ducks have ended up being more successful than the Kings could hope to be anyways.

2) I don't know. That scheme doesn't really seem Kingy or royal or monarchish. All three schemes the Kings have had kind of fit the team, but the problem is that they've piggy-backed off of the other teams like you said. If they just kept the purple/gold then it this wouldn't be a big issue and it would have fit. Do people give the Pirates/Steelers/Penguins a fit by matching? Or Seahawks/Sounders? Or Knicks/Mets/Islanders? or Blackhawks/Bulls? etc, etc, etc. And me personally, I kind of like those team symmetries in other cities.

(The majority of this post has been in defense of the Kings. What the hell am I doing?)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I just thought you'd bristle at the idea of the Kings looking like the Ducks.

If the Kings had stuck with purple and gold, it would've been fine, you're right; but by jumping on the Raiders bandwagon, it went from "Inglewood Forum harmony" to "jump on what's popular" and ruined everything. The Ducks' palette could've work for the Kings. The gold is royal enough. Sure.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

are the kings officially ditching purple?

Seems that way, doesn't it.

Why is the team named after royalty dropping purple?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived