NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An additional shot of the away:

uNPGT.jpg

What's laying on the couch back there? Looks Kings-ish.

Right now, the "gimmicky" guitar lines are also just unneccessary stripes, but I could also see it looking worse on bigger numbers. But again, like the pick is just a shield-like shape, they won't necessarily scream "guitar strings" to the casual fan.

Count me among the fans of using yellow as the home, but also in the anti-apron strings camp. I just don't get them on any jersey they've ben used. Maybe it was like that when the first team put Northwestern stripes on a football jersey's sleeves. But it just never looks right to me.

These aren't the final jerseys according to source posted on Icethetics.

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2011/6/23/predators-new-jerseys-leaked.html

The blog is now saying that a contact with the team says these are not the final jerseys. Perhaps a prototype then? We'll find out for certain ? at least as far as the road sweater ? this weekend when it's officially unveiled by the team. Until then, we have this to speculate on.

I really hope this is the case and they went with something more traditional. The Sleeve and hem stripes are fine, the piping arch is completely unnecessary and clutters what would otherwise be a good design. Guess we won't know until Saturday.

These aren't the final jerseys according to source posted on Icethetics.

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2011/6/23/predators-new-jerseys-leaked.html

The blog is now saying that a contact with the team says these are not the final jerseys. Perhaps a prototype then? We'll find out for certain ? at least as far as the road sweater ? this weekend when it's officially unveiled by the team. Until then, we have this to speculate on.

Thank God. Definitely would've been a little bit of a disappointment had this been the final product, compared to the great logo set that debuted.

Does the addition of those lines in the numbers make it unique enough to not be violating the use of the ducks font?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I hate unnecessary piping and yet here it doesn't bother me. There's a cleaness to both jerseys that was missing on the prior sets of jerseys. I hated the Preds prior jerseys, especially with the silver. These I like very much, even if they aren't the real things.

Archived