NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

Looks like Winnipeg will announce it name at the podium before their pick. It will probably be Jets, just not sure if it will have "Winnipeg" or "Manitoba" in front of it.

that would be incredibly selfish of them (hear me out). The draft is NOT about the teams themselves (in terms of an off-ice perspective such as jerseys, logos, etc). The draft is and should always be about the players that got drafted and what they mean to the lineups.

You must have missed the NHL Entry Drafts in the 90s. The NHL Draft has traditionally been a spot where teams unveil new logos and jerseys.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Winnipeg will announce it name at the podium before their pick. It will probably be Jets, just not sure if it will have "Winnipeg" or "Manitoba" in front of it.

Looks like they won't announce until after the draft

That's two days old. They already have their coach, and just because they're using generic NHL merch because they don't have a logo doesn't mean that they won't have a name.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The schedule just came out today. Does anyone know if New Jersey is going to wear the throwbacks again for a "retro-night" in March like they did the past 2 seasons?

What's their nearest home game to St. Patrick's day?

They are playing on St. Patricks' Day. Its Saturday March 17th. An afternoon game where they will host the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Why? Will they wear the throwbacks every St. Patricks Day??

The Catch of the Day!

The schedule just came out today. Does anyone know if New Jersey is going to wear the throwbacks again for a "retro-night" in March like they did the past 2 seasons?

They are playing on St. Patricks' Day. Its Saturday March 17th. An afternoon game where they will host the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Makes sense to wear green on St. Patrick's Day, right?

Looks like they won't announce until after the draft

That's two days old. They already have their coach, and just because they're using generic NHL merch because they don't have a logo doesn't mean that they won't have a name.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=369842

Should really read up. ;)

My completely crazy idea:

Winnipeg trades the 7th pick to Phoenix for the entire Jets history. ;)

Makes sense to wear green on St. Patrick's Day, right?

That's when they usually have their "retro-night". The fact that they have a game ON St. Patties Day would have me leaning towards yes.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

that would be incredibly selfish of them (hear me out). The draft is NOT about the teams themselves (in terms of an off-ice perspective such as jerseys, logos, etc). The draft is and should always be about the players that got drafted and what they mean to the lineups.

You're being dumb about this whole thing. They have to unveil the identity sometime. I get that you're a Thrashers fan, but what difference does it make if it's at the draft? How is announcing the team-name at the draft do anything to rub it in to Atlanta fans at all?

Also, the Blue Jackets unveiled their new uniforms at the 07 draft in front of every team and all the players. I was there. It's not that unusual.

PvO6ZWJ.png

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2011/6/23/predators-new-jerseys-leaked.html

I have some new independent information regarding the legitimacy of the above jerseys. While it's true these are not the final versions of the new design, I'm told spotting the differences would require a close look. Most important is that the colors are accurate. The home jersey will indeed be gold!
70389454.png

what do we think the logo will be? a classic one or a new design? i really hope its a new design with a throwback used as an alternate for this season!

also i hope they give their picks classic jets jerseys instead of a bland nhl jersey

ps whay was the other thread locked i actually wanted to read specifically about the jets not have to sift through all the other crap in this thread

1. new design, new colors.

2. because until there's a new design or a new logo, there's no purpose to an entirely new OMGTHEJETS thread in here. When there is, there'll be a rush of guys tripping over themselves trying to start one. Until then, keep the Jets talk to the MEGATHREAD IN SPORTS IN GENERAL.

None of this is rocket science.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

It's no more selfish of them than of you sitting here and complaining about them debuting their name. We get the fact that you're bitter, but just take all your Thrashers gear, go out back and burn it and forget it ever happened. You'll never see hockey in Atlanta again except for on NHL Center Ice.

1. new design, new colors.

Did you get this from all the same sources and reading material telling you the team won't be called the Jets?

Archived