NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kings unis look sharp.

Panthers unis could use some tweaks, but they are not the worst thing we've ever seen.

Edmonton looked great in copper and navy, but their tempate sucked. The traditional colors are back, and the template is back to a normal looking hockey jersey. They look good.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

It's a shame the Kings are ditching purple. I thought black, purple and silver was the perfect colour scheme for them, and to be honest I would've liked them to ditch the crown with eyes altogether and go back to using the shield logo they had before. Oh well.

The Panthers red jersey... meh. Just meh. If they were gonna go with this template they could've at least stuck some white in the arm stripes, and the yoke could actually have made effective use of piping to break up the red and blue, making it look more complete and less rec league. But again: Oh well.

I think I can just about make out the tiny wordmark on the Ducks banner hanging overhead. Even more reason for them to ditch that thing and go webfoot D full time methinks.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

My observations, FWIW...

Florida - Needs gold trim and hem stripes, but at least the piping is history... nice to see a red sweater again for the Panthers.

LA - I hate this look. If they want to bring back the black and silver, then they should do it right and bring back what they had. Piping is awful, and I hate the logo... just the crown would have been better.

Edmonton - Big upgrade, but I still dislike the collar...

Nashville - I hate the piping but the whites are still a million times better than what they had, and I love the new logo tweaks. I hope the gold jersey is different than the leaked pics showed though...

...and why the HELL is the podium at the draft set up so only his majesty Gary Bettman can use it without bending over? All the GMs look like hunchbacks the second they get up there...

Edmonton- Of course those look nice. Should be cool seeing them completely in the jerseys of their glory days

LA- I really liked the black jerseys so the white ones are a hit for me too. I think the logo's fine and the design comes off really sharp

Florida- AUUUGHHH! /Charlie Brown. I'll admit the red looks better than the navy. But the fact they kept the crappy template they had before and managed to somehow muddle it up even more makes it a downgrade if that's possible. They had a huge opportunity to improve their look and they failed badly. It's like they decided to switch the navy and red, but not even bother to bring back the yellow piping to separate the two.

Also, from what I saw the Islanders 40th anniversary patch looks pretty good. It looks a wee bit overdesigned, but it doesn't clash with the jersey or anything so it's fine from what it looks

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

1zz1351.png

Nailed it. This isn't rocket surgery, Panthers.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

From the front, it looks fine.

From the back, I just can't stand it. I'm watching this on a little of a DVR delay and I was looking at the Maple Leafs up on the screen while looking at this picture. It's just silly how much they are alike. Slap a Maple Leaf over the Lightning bolt and you'd be able to fool enough people.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Was it just me, or was there more orange in the Ducks collar? I'm trying to find a photo of their pick, but can't seem to yet. Anybody with a DVR confirm or refute?

I didn't screenshot it as I didn't notice anything different about it...

Archived