NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

329769249.jpg

That is a beauty indeed... I wanted to see something like that come back and replace that crappy pj look jerseys.. finally it is perfect... I would buy that in an instant for sure lol...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Blue: 10 (BUF, COL, EDM, NYI, NYR, STL, TB, TOR, VAN (2))

My understanding is that the Sabres' royal blue third jersey from last season, celebrating their 40th anniversary, will be gone.

No. They announced that it's staying.

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2011/4/18/sabres-new-owner-keeping-look.html

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

^ Thats too bad. With the exception of the nice royal blue main colour, I hate everything about those jerseys.

I hate the urine yellow secondary colors.

I hate the plainess of the whole design.

I hate the lame ass wordmark on the front.

I wish they would flush those jerseys down the toilet.

The Catch of the Day!

Yeah, another team in light blue, that's what the NHL needs! =)

I wish the Kings would've stuck with purple, sorry to toot my own horn but I think something along these lines would be so much more original: LosAngeles.png

I really like that template, but like most of you that logo just doesn't cut it as a primary. Throw it on the shoulders!

I always wanted to know the "color balance" of the NHL, because I think it's way out of whack. I think a cool graphic would be some sort of color wheel/etc. that shows where all the jerseys lie. Here's a quick attempt (I'll just do teams that have this as the main jersey color for simplicity), someone should research this more

Black: 12 (ANA (2), BOS (2), CAR, CHI, DAL, LA, OTT (will this one still exist?), PHO, PIT, SJ)

Blue: 10 (BUF, COL, EDM, NYI, NYR, STL, TB, TOR, VAN (2))

Red: 10 (CGY (2), CAR, CHI, DET, MIN, MTL, NJ, OTT, WSH)

Dark Blue: 7 (BUF, CBJ (2), EDM (will this one still exist?), FL, NYR, STL

Dark Red: 2 (COL, PHX)

Green: 1 (MIN)

Orange: 1 (PHI)

Baby Blue: 1 (PIT)

Teal: 1 (SJ)

Yellow: 1 (NSH)

So the morale of the story is no more black, red, or blue! How about some brown, green, orange, yellow?

So you made the Kings blue? Okay.

jetscolors.jpg

I was thinking this could be a good update of the Jets' palette. I don't think anyone's using cobalt, sky blue, and red together, are they?

A couple of years ago, the Moose held a Military Appreciation night with Air Force tribute jerseys, and used a color scheme almost exactly like that.

moosemilitary.jpg

Air Force. Jets. Seems like a natural fit.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

jetscolors.jpg

I was thinking this could be a good update of the Jets' palette. I don't think anyone's using cobalt, sky blue, and red together, are they?

A couple of years ago, the Moose held a Military Appreciation night with Air Force tribute jerseys, and used a color scheme almost exactly like that.

moosemilitary.jpg

I put together a concept based on that long before any of this came to pass, even if it's not very good, I'd be perfectly ok with something like that happening.

winnipegjetsrebrandjerseysmallcopy.jpg

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I had no idea that there really weren't many navy blue jerseys.

Navy used to be almost twice as popular, but the Islanders and Oilers switched from navy to royal, and Panthers ditched navy home sweater.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

329769249.jpg

That is a beauty indeed... I wanted to see something like that come back and replace that crappy pj look jerseys.. finally it is perfect... I would buy that in an instant for sure lol...

Now, what they should do is darken the blue, change the orange to copper. Maybe add some red accents around the main logo and the copper stripes. Then come up with a secondary shoulder logo, perhaps featuring imagery of a oil worker. THEN, these would be perfect!!!

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

329769249.jpg

Now, what they should do is darken the blue, change the orange to copper. Maybe add some red accents around the main logo and the copper stripes. Then come up with a secondary shoulder logo, perhaps featuring imagery of a oil worker. THEN, these would be perfect!!!

somebody really liked these...

9697OilersGamerFront.jpg

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

jetscolors.jpg

moosemilitary.jpg

I put together a concept based on that long before any of this came to pass, even if it's not very good, I'd be perfectly ok with something like that happening.

winnipegjetsrebrandjerseysmallcopy.jpg

I don't love these colours, but you have something with that logo for sure. Maybe try orienting it downward so the leaf is more right-side-up?

As for what I'd like to see the jets do -- how 'bout a darker or duller shade of blue -- slate-ish or whatever like the above jet? I'd love a more weathered blue jersey, with red and either white or off white....maybe some bluebombers-ish gold in there. Could be sharp. And I'd love the original logo or something similar...didn't care for their 90s logo.

329769249.jpg

9697OilersGamerFront.jpg

Yeah, best look the have had. Loved it on my hometown Hamilton Bulldogs too. As we see from that colour chart, navy blue is a dying breed. So bring back their best look!!!

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

329769249.jpg

9697OilersGamerFront.jpg

Those were nice jerseys. The corresponding dark ones looked awful in my opinion though. I really like the old logo but think that if you replaced the red circle with an orange one (matching the oil drop) it would look more finished.

Something like this maybe:

oilers.png

zzPEfBm.png

Archived