Domestic Soccer 2011

Don

I had trouble believing what I'd just seen. Coming back from 3-0 in soccer is something I equate as about as likely as flying pink elephants.

It wasn't a three-goal lead...but there were some pink elephants flying around West Ham yesterday. Down two goals to nil at the half, Wayne Rooney did what Wayne Rooney does...Man U ended up taking the game--and whatever life West Ham's fans had up until about the 89:00 mark--four goals to two.

-----------

Anyway, back over here, three games into the season and it appears that the Union are a second-half team. Didn't help them yesterday in L.A., but through three games it seems like they spend the first half figuring out what they want to do, and the second (trying) to do it. It's a long season, but I sure hope they can get their organizational issues worked out here soon on offense.

And yeah...coming back from three down, yeah that's something there.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Real Salt Lake loses to Saprissa 2-1, but win the aggregate 3-2 to advance to the CONCACAF Champions League Finals! They become the first MLS team to advance to the CCL Finals, & the first MLS team to advance to the finals of any CONCACAF-wide competition since the Galaxy won the Champions Cup back in 2000.

RSL, you done MLS & America proud already. Now win the whole damn thing. :flagusa:

Holy crap. Whitecaps score twice in injury time to earn a 3-3 tie.

Also, who names their kid Teal, really?

That one was a bummer. I even went through the effort of tweeting about how KC was ripping Vancouver a new one. So I'll just blame this on me jinxing them.

You mean American player. ;)

Well Teal's a bitch...Alex however is still a legend...a Canadian legend :P

As far as I see it he's not a Canadian, the :censored:er

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Real Salt Lake loses to Saprissa 2-1, but win the aggregate 3-2 to advance to the CONCACAF Champions League Finals! They become the first MLS team to advance to the CCL Finals, & the first MLS team to advance to the finals of any CONCACAF-wide competition since the Galaxy won the Champions Cup back in 2000.

RSL, you done MLS & America proud already. Now win the whole damn thing. :flagusa:

I hope they win the whole damn thing. Jason Kreis is a great young American coach and if they win it, he will gain some great attention from clubs all over the world. What he and Reals management has done with this franchise is nothing short of spectacular.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Cruz Azul & Monterrey draw 1-1, which means RSL will face Monterrey in the Finals. This is a bit of a blockbuster final that we've got going on here; As we all know, RSL won the 2009 MLS Cup to qualify for the CCL, & Monterrey were league champions in 2009 as well, so this is about as big as it gets when it comes to pedigree from the qualification stages.

Pulling for RSL all the way. :flagusa:

The ref in this Caps/Revs game is insane. And Hassli taking off his jersey after the penalty was even more insane.

Yeah, especially given he already had a yellow. He's got to stop taking stupid yellows.

Later story came out that apparently, in the Swiss League where he was previously playing, its OK to do what he did if you have another jersey on underneath and not a message or something written on a shirt. Still, it was pretty dumb not to check. I know he doesn't speak english yet, but he could have had someone translate for him.

NASL season kicked off last night. I'm hoping they can put together a solid season and emerge as a true second tier professional soccer league.

For the sake of the game in North America, I agree.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

NASL scores from Saturday:

Carolina 1-2 Puerto Rico

Tampa Bay 1-0 Montreal

Atlanta 1-2 Minnesota

Fort Lauderdale 1-2 Edmonton

First goal in "new NASL" history: Kentaro Takada, Minnesota

Congrats to Edmonton on their first league win.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The good news: Portland has its first home game at Jeld-Wen Field tonight. On ESPN2!

The bad news: The game starts at 11 pm ET.

Just as Seattle is becoming the go-to team for the season kick off because the league wants to showcase their incredible fans, this is an opportunity to show off an equally rabid group in a (sort of) brand new stadium. Awesome. And I get wanting the first game at the new stadium to be prime time for the home team, but 11:00 is a really late east coast start time. The majority of viewers won't make it to the second half of the game, let alone through it. It ends up being great for the fans in Portland, not as great for the fans in the rest of the country.

Oh well. I'm still going to tune in. You should, too. The more you watch, the more their ads are worth. The more ad revenue they get, the more they can spend on players and infrastructure and growing the beautiful game more and more. Support MLS!

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

The good news: Portland has its first home game at Jeld-Wen Field tonight. On ESPN2!

The bad news: The game starts at 11 pm ET.

Just as Seattle is becoming the go-to team for the season kick off because the league wants to showcase their incredible fans, this is an opportunity to show off an equally rabid group in a (sort of) brand new stadium. Awesome. And I get wanting the first game at the new stadium to be prime time for the home team, but 11:00 is a really late east coast start time. The majority of viewers won't make it to the second half of the game, let alone through it. It ends up being great for the fans in Portland, not as great for the fans in the rest of the country.

Oh well. I'm still going to tune in. You should, too. The more you watch, the more their ads are worth. The more ad revenue they get, the more they can spend on players and infrastructure and growing the beautiful game more and more. Support MLS!

I'll be watching and flipping back and forth between that and hockey. They need ratings too lol.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Awesome atmosphere in Portland. Loved the national anthem sang by the supporters without any accompanying music or anything. Absolutely awesome and really, that's how it should be done everywhere. I remember an Arkansas State game four years ago where something similar happened, though it was by accident due to sound system problems, but it was really great and I thought it was something that should have been done for every game.

Not to mention the state of Utah. ^_^

If they manage to win this thing, then it should become one of my proudest Utah sports moments.

Archived