• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

USMNT has announced the squad for the Gold Cup:

GK: Hahnemann, Howard, Rimando

D: Bocanegra, Bornstein, Cherundolo, Goodson, Lichaj, Onyewu, Ream, Spector

M: Adu, Bradley, Dempsey, Donovan, Edu, Feilhaber, Jones, Kljestan, Rogers

F: Agudelo, Altidore, Wondolowski

Yep, that's Freddy Adu. I'm just as shocked as you are. Wondo making it is a bit of a shock as well, but Adu?!

(Sure, it's almost two weeks later, but how can I resist?)

Where were these "Sounders fans" when they played in the USL?

Same place as the Lynx fans. ;)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

USMNT has announced the squad for the Gold Cup:

GK: Hahnemann, Howard, Rimando

D: Bocanegra, Bornstein, Cherundolo, Goodson, Lichaj, Onyewu, Ream, Spector

M: Adu, Bradley, Dempsey, Donovan, Edu, Feilhaber, Jones, Kljestan, Rogers

F: Agudelo, Altidore, Wondolowski

Yep, that's Freddy Adu. I'm just as shocked as you are. Wondo making it is a bit of a shock as well, but Adu?!

Equally shocked to see Adu on the squad...this is definitely his last chance (not the he deserves one).

A few names I would rather see...Alejandro Bedoya and Timothy Chandler (although I know he asked Bradley to be left off to recover from injury). I'm okay with Wondo making the squad but I was hoping Buddle would make another appearance.

Overall this squad makes me a tad nervous, especially defensively. Gooch has got to stat playing to his full potential and someone has to step up and fill Stuart Holden's shoes if they are gonna be successful.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I would've rather seen Buddle than Wondo. I'm not shocked to see CD9 left off. Adu was a major shock to me. It must be playing in that extremely tough Turkish 2nd division doing it for him.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I would've rather seen Buddle than Wondo. I'm not shocked to see CD9 left off. Adu was a major shock to me. It must be playing in that extremely tough Turkish 2nd division doing it for him.

I know Chandler, Davies, and Holden are recovering from injuries so no shock there, but Bedoya is doing great in Sweden and I agree that Buddle would be a better fit on the roster.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I know Chandler, Davies, and Holden are recovering from injuries so no shock there, but Bedoya is doing great in Sweden and I agree that Buddle would be a better fit on the roster.

Bradleys comments make it seem like Davies wouldnt have made it even if he was fully healthy. Still not shocked, he has been good, but not great here yet. His touch is a bit off but the speed is coming back. His instincts never left and hes getting better at the physical part of being a striker, especially in MLS. He should be running laps around MLS defenses but its not happening yet.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I went to the Gold Cup semifinals at Soldier Field two years ago and had a great time. Besides Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final last year, it was probably the most fun I've had at a sporting event. That being said, I'm definitely going to try to get to the Group A matches at Soldier Field this year. The US won't be playing, but I had more fun at the Mexico/Puerto Rico match two years ago. So Mexico coming to Soldier Field might be enough to get me to go again.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Maybe CONCACAF should eliminate all this third place crap and expand the tourney to 16 teams? There are 40 teams in CONCACAF - 16 would not be a bad number to make the tournament. Let 8 qualify automatically, the other 32 qualify for the other 8 spots.

Example:

Automatically qualifying for 2011: (CAN CRC GPE HAI HON MEX PAN USA)

Admitted to final qualifying for 2011: (CUB GRN GUA GUY JAM NCA SLV TRI)

Needing to participate in preliminary qualifying: (AIA ANT ARU ATG BAH BER BLZ BRB CAY DMA DOM GYF LCA MSR MTQ PUR SKN SMT SUR SXM TCA VGB VIN VIR)

LvZYtbZ.png

Geeze, I like the Whitecaps and all but their Facebook fans are doing some serious whining and with no good reason. The match with Toronto FC was abandoned earlier because of an unplayable field. The rules for the NCC state that, if a game is abandoned, it is to be replayed the next day. It was a rule long established before tonight's game. And yet, there are the Vancouver fans saying that it should be 1-0 and they should only play the last half hour. I get that you want your team to win but the rules are what they are, even if your team was winning.

Geeze, I like the Whitecaps and all but their Facebook fans are doing some serious whining and with no good reason. The match with Toronto FC was abandoned earlier because of an unplayable field. The rules for the NCC state that, if a game is abandoned, it is to be replayed the next day. It was a rule long established before tonight's game. And yet, there are the Vancouver fans saying that it should be 1-0 and they should only play the last half hour. I get that you want your team to win but the rules are what they are, even if your team was winning.

I didn't know about the rule, but I am glad the game was abandoned because it was pretty bad last night. A downpour and lightning nearby, not a good combination to play soccer in.

I saw, I came, I left.

I didn't know about the rule, but I am glad the game was abandoned because it was pretty bad last night. A downpour and lightning nearby, not a good combination to play soccer in.

It was horrible!

The pitch became so waterlogged that they could barely kick the ball anymore.

I get that Vancouver was upset because they had a 1-nil lead but the ball literally would just stop because of all the water.

To boot lightening struck the East stands (where my seats are, happened to be buying a beer at the time, thank goodness) so it was beyond stupid to try and finish the match.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Interesting on the Gold Cup graphic they have the red third kit listed as the away.

Looking forward to the June 11th games at Raymond James, I'll be attending the US one. I think it's interesting Canada gets an automatic entry. I know they're not in the Caribbean group but it just seems odd.

Interesting on the Gold Cup graphic they have the red third kit listed as the away.

Looking forward to the June 11th games at Raymond James, I'll be attending the US one. I think it's interesting Canada gets an automatic entry. I know they're not in the Caribbean group but it just seems odd.

Well when your Continental Tournament only has three countries that have ever been named Champion you would think you would want them in your tournament.

Granted the competition and quality of play is no where near that of the European Championship, Copa America and even the Asian Cup. If it was anything like those tournaments the host (Which would always be the States) would be the only country that would get an automatic qualifying spot, but when you really only have three or four countries that actually have a chance at winning this thing, it's best to have them in the tournament.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived