Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

When I was looking at fan response to the white helmet stuff, I saw this on Buffalo Rumblings, with some of them thinking this is the actual leak. I have no insider information, and am just passing it along. It could be legit, could be someone's approximation, or :censored:, for all I know it could be a concept someone did here. It would be consistent with what we've heard, although I really don't like the look that the striping would be so inconsistent.

5823200564_500e2038d3_o.png

Woah wait....the Bills are getting new uni's?

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all ARTnSocal, get over yourself.

I like the font and have grown accustomed to it ... so I use it, but not to go out of my way to be different or to be distracting.

Super. Here's the thing though. Verdana isn't the standard font here. Which means when you use it your post stands out as distracting. If I think your post is distracting I'm going to take it less seriously, because I'm annoyed by it before I even read it.

hey calm down everyone, Chris does an AMAZING job on this site and forum, to criticize him is just ridiculous.

Just like blowing him at every opportunity is ridiculous. The fact that we all love the forums doesn't mean that anyone is perfect and their decisions should be praised implicitly.

I think that the article posted was a little misleading, and despite the fact that it does specify that it's a regular helmet, it's reasonable for even a more-than-casual reader to assume that the picture is in fact the new Bills helmet that we'll see on the field. Also, there's a posted rule about leaking things before they're unveiled, though that seems to be unilaterally unenforced these days, especially with the video game leaks (maybe because technically they leaked somewhere else, not sure.) It'd be pretty poopy if it was "nobody can leak things except me" (not that it seems like that is the case, but it could be viewed that way.)

I think that the attacks on Art and Social were a little unnecessary - just because someone disagrees with CC doesn't mean that everyone needs to step up and kiss his ass by berating the person. CC's more than capable of standing up for himself. Criticizing one article doesn't make one an ingrate or mean that one doesn't appreciate what CC's done for us.

All indications are that the helmet Chris posted is very close to what the Bills will be wearing. The general design seems spot on. Is it perfect? Probably not. It is something though. Like I said before, any time a high profile uniform change is in store people here get antsy and want leaks. Here we have someone sharing what seems like insider info, a leak of a prominent part of this new uniform, and some guy decides to blast him for it. If that's the way we're going to react to leaked info Chris and others might be inclined to keep this kind of information to themselves in the future, and the community as a whole loses.

Back to ARTnSocal's response though. His decision to deride Chris was based on superficial stuff. All the information we have seems to indicate that this the general design the Bills will wear. Complaining that it's not EXACT seems small and petty next to the larger point that is conformation of a rumour that's been circulating for a while.

Agreed, but the weirdest thing is that every post appears in Verdana on every computer I've ever perused the site with.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I hope the Bills new wordmark isn't the same Seattle/Arizona/Houston/Altanta/Balitmore font.

Baltimore's is actually pretty different from the others.

baltimore-ravens-script-logo-6-primary.jpg | houston-texans-script-logo-2-primary.jpg

They all use different lettering. Each one is custom, just in the same basic format.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

When I was looking at fan response to the white helmet stuff, I saw this on Buffalo Rumblings, with some of them thinking this is the actual leak. I have no insider information, and am just passing it along. It could be legit, could be someone's approximation, or :censored:, for all I know it could be a concept someone did here. It would be consistent with what we've heard, although I really don't like the look that the striping would be so inconsistent.

If that is their new look, that's pretty damn sharp, once you include the white helmets. Then again, I'm a sucked for the Ferguson-era uniforms, as their one of my favorite NFL sets ever.

I hope the Bills new wordmark isn't the same Seattle/Arizona/Houston/Altanta/Balitmore font.

Baltimore's is actually pretty different from the others.

baltimore-ravens-script-logo-6-primary.jpg | houston-texans-script-logo-2-primary.jpg

They all use different lettering. Each one is custom, just in the same basic format.

The Ravens really don't fall into the cookie-cutter wordmark category. That's moreso the domain of these teams...

mvxsk3btmpewzxzovglilwc4w.gif

998.gif

574.gif

304.gif

2234.gif

4609.gif

Even the Jags have gotten into it, they just arched it.

Jags-logo.png

So given the trend in NFL wordmarks....

I'm calling it.

buffbillswodmarkjoke.png

:P

I love those wordmarks though! I really don't like the Bills and Colts current, but they do fit with the identity somewhat. The Bengals wordmark is absolutely beautiful!

They may be nice, but six, seven teams using the same format for their wordmark seems a bit like overkill.

If that is their new look, that's pretty damn sharp, once you include the white helmets. Then again, I'm a sucked for the Ferguson-era uniforms, as their one of my favorite NFL sets ever.

Right up until the first time they wear 'em as a mono blue set. That'll look awful.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

^ If that's gonna be what the Bills are gonna do, then what was the point of keeping the navy in the first place...if that's the extent to which it will be used?

(Guess the Bills probably still wanna move navy-colored merchandise. BUT...I don't recall seeing NY Giants fans have a problem wearing royal blue. I damn sho ain't seen no one around Indiana having an issue wearing the color, either. Just saying.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I love those wordmarks though! I really don't like the Bills and Colts current, but they do fit with the identity somewhat. The Bengals wordmark is absolutely beautiful!

They may be nice, but six, seven teams using the same format for their wordmark seems a bit like overkill.

That's what happens when the league controls the design. From what I understand, in the past, teams would have their look designed by local designers who had the flavor of the region. When everything is handled through New York at the top, corporate level, everything starts to look the same.

I remember applauding Starbucks back in the 90s for hiring local designers to come up with the look/feel of individual stores in foreign countries. Sure they had an overall Starbucks brand but the interiors, artwork, etc. were specific to a region and created by designers from that region.

Not sure if Starbucks still does this but I would love for major league sports to adopt this concept and allow teams to look as individual/different as possible.

Right up until the first time they wear 'em as a mono blue set. That'll look awful.

That would look awful, but ............

The BILLS have already stated and confirmed via one of their writers at BILLS.com that they won't be doing any mono blue with the new set.

Also there'd be no alternate '65 throwbacks worn in 2011.

They're also considering wearing the white jerseys against the RAIDERS for the home opener in Week 2, and debuting the blue jerseys with white pants for Week 3, also a home game which is against New England.

It's expected that they'll resume wearing a throwback with the Grazing Bison helmet when NIKE takes over in 2012 ....

If that's gonna be what the Bills are gonna do, then what was the point of keeping the navy in the first place...if that's the extent to which it will be used?

(Guess the Bills probably still wanna move navy-colored merchandise. BUT...I don't recall seeing NY Giants fans have a problem wearing royal blue. I damn sho ain't seen no one around Indiana having an issue wearing the color, either. Just saying.)

Both the Midnight Blue and the White jerseys of the past 9 years had a recent sale at the OBD Fieldhouse and the Online Store selling replicas for as low as $20, and ex-players I heard sold for $10 each, that's how badly they wanna get rid of them.

The throwbacks are very popular sellers and have been discounted somewhat, but not anywhere near to the extent of the monstrosities that are about to go bye-bye, with the exception of ex-players.

^ If that's gonna be what the Bills are gonna do, then what was the point of keeping the navy in the first place...if that's the extent to which it will be used?

Probably just for merchandise opportunities..."We've got navy in our uniform...we can sell navy hats and t-shirts!!!!"

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Oh, just do what the Clippers do - have Navy listed as an official color just for merchandise sales. It doesn't exist in their uniforms at all...

(The Hornets and Warriors do this with Black as well.)

339.gif

This looks just fine on their 2011 uni's. Teams don't need to be "artistic" when it comes to a simple hardly noticed wordmark.

AGREED. scripts are beautiful but the Bills don't need to mess with the wordmark.

Afterall, this Photolettering font's called Buffalo. buffalo_7.jpg

Archived