2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

Goddamnit Rain.

Did the rain sign a contract with another city to precipitate in for an extra year that Cleveland didn't offer?

jim_thome.jpg

As a Tribe fan I don't really like Jim Thome, I couldn't care less that he left. It's more about the teams he's played for Philly, Chisox, and Twins. There's only a few former Indians I can't stand, such as Cliff Lee and Jhonny Peralta, but I root for CC Sabathia unless he's going against us. But I'd say I speak for most Indians fans in saying that right now we'll take Hafner over Thome.

You and that Cleveland Hockey guy are two of the most annoying fans ever. It's not surprising why nobody likes Cleveland fans (of any sport).

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be willing to bet the Marlins had somebody coming off of the DL. They're not making the playoffs anyways, so why DFA somebody when you can send Morrison down?

Nobody coming off the DL from the Marlins and this is from Morrison himself after being told he was being sent down because he was only hitting in the .240 range.

"I think it was something else, but I don't even know if I want to say it right now. Probably have to talk to my agent and stuff like that."

I think it was something else as well. You don't send a guy down in August, especially not somebody who's an everday starter. That just doesen't happen. I think it was done to send a message.

Yep, he needs to grow up. I don't mind the trying to be funny on Twitter, but throwing teammates under the bus and skipping a slew of team events are one way to get your ass sent to New Orleans-- especially someone with less than a year of ML experience. He hasn't earned that kind of leeway.

Here's an article I found in the Miami Hearld on the situation.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/08/14/2359422/quiet-scene-follows-morrisons.html

I don't think there's any question after reading that he was sent down for off field reasons.

Yeah pretty much. Even I hate them as a fellow Cleveland fan. Their arguments about Cleveland baseball fans being so great holds no water. At all.

Oh kiss my ass you quivering yinzer.

It's amazing how butthurt you all get because I love my teams. God forbid! I haven't started any of the flaming going on, so get over your post count and seniority.

But because I care more about the thread topic, and not about my e-penis...

I'm watching the Rockies and they're struggling to score. A couple 1-out loaded opportunities gone by. Ouch.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

Goddamnit Rain.

Did the rain sign a contract with another city to precipitate in for an extra year that Cleveland didn't offer?

jim_thome.jpg

As a Tribe fan I don't really like Jim Thome, I couldn't care less that he left. It's more about the teams he's played for Philly, Chisox, and Twins. There's only a few former Indians I can't stand, such as Cliff Lee and Jhonny Peralta, but I root for CC Sabathia unless he's going against us. But I'd say I speak for most Indians fans in saying that right now we'll take Hafner over Thome.

You and that Cleveland Hockey guy are two of the most annoying fans ever. It's not surprising why nobody likes Cleveland fans (of any sport).

I'm not allowed to like someone who no longer plays for my team? That doesn't make sense

Yeah pretty much. Even I hate them as a fellow Cleveland fan. Their arguments about Cleveland baseball fans being so great holds no water. At all.

Oh kiss my ass you quivering yinzer.

It's amazing how butthurt you all get because I love my teams. God forbid! I haven't started any of the flaming going on, so get over your post count and seniority.

But because I care more about the thread topic, and not about my e-penis...

I'm watching the Rockies and they're struggling to score. A couple 1-out loaded opportunities gone by. Ouch.

He's just some kid. Not worth it trying to argue with him, he hasn't been around Cleveland sports to know what it's all about. I highly doubt he's ever been around it. Chances are he's one of those casual fans, that when Cleveland teams have a down year he jumps on the bandwaggon of another team. He's not a Pittsburgh fan, but not a Cleveland fan. More of a combination of both. Not saying he roots for Pittsburgh teams, but has the fair-weather attitude about our teams similar to the way they follow theirs.

He's just some kid. Not worth it trying to argue with him, he hasn't been around Cleveland sports to know what it's all about. I highly doubt he's ever been around it. Chances are he's one of those casual fans, that when Cleveland teams have a down year he jumps on the bandwaggon of another team. He's not a Pittsburgh fan, but not a Cleveland fan. More of a combination of both. Not saying he roots for Pittsburgh teams, but has the fair-weather attitude about our teams similar to the way they follow theirs.

I didn't even notice his age at first.

I'm not calling him a bandwagon jumper, but yinzer was the most area-specific yet polite thing to call him.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

I'm not calling him a bandwagon jumper, but yinzer was the most area-specific yet polite thing to call him.

Maybe he's a Pirates fan. They were decent for like a day?

A part of me feels bad to watch that team cave in on itself. But the misery on the face of those bandwaggoners is the greatest thing I have ever seen.

A part of me feels bad to watch that team cave in on itself. But the misery on the face of those bandwaggoners is the greatest thing I have ever seen.

I agree. Indians fans are terrible.

>Indians

>Caving

pick one

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

Nice try, we're 2.5 games back and have some pretty nice crowds. I love how people pick out a game (like today) for instance when they call for 90% rain and there are only 20k there. Then you hear "oh wow no one ever goes to their games"

This is absolutely hilarious watching you two debate my status as a Cleveland fan. I was born in Youngstown, and always will consider myself a Northeast-Ohioan. Before I moved out here to Indy, my dad had season tickets to the Tribe, and every year we make it a point to see the Indians play. We've seen the Tribe play in Anaheim, Boston, Cincinnati, Cleveland, and New York. Whenever I'm back in town to visit family, I always beg my mom or dad to take us down to Progressive Field. Every night, I sit and watch the Tribe on Extra Innings (best invention known to man. can't sleep? turn on the dodgers game. ^_^ ) or listen to them over the radio on WTAM when they're on the West Coast.

Oh, and my "post count and seniority" has nothing to do with this. Over these 4,991 posts and over 3 years here now, I've established myself as a well-respected fan who doesn't only post about his team, or doesn't sit here and say "this player left the Indians. Ergo, I hate him." or "Pittsburgh sucks, ya da da da da." I've got my own reasons for being happy to see the Pirates fall flat on their faces, but they don't include anything regarding Browns/Steelers. Look, all you two have done in your combined 1,024 posts is be absolute and complete homers, whiners, braggers, annoying nuisances, and your reputations prove it. Everybody else on these forums is saying the exact same thing. Just because I'm 16 doesn't make me any lesser of a fan or member here than you are.

Spolier'd because I know everybody really doesn't wanna have to scroll through this thing.

6fQjS3M.png

>implying I said anything about your fan status

>implying I knew your age

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

Nice try, we're 2.5 games back and have some pretty nice crowds. I love how people pick out a game (like today) for instance when they call for 90% rain and there are only 20k there. Then you hear "oh wow no one ever goes to their games"

If 25th in attendance is "pretty nice," then yeah...

The rain has nothing to do with the 20k number, as most tickets are bought before the day of the game. Cleveland fans have showed up for a few games en masse, but not for as many as they should be. I'm not saying we should be having 455 again every night, but averaging 30k would be nice...

6fQjS3M.png

Could you guys set your river on fire again and this time not put it out?

kthnx

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Could you guys set your river on fire again and this time not put it out?

kthnx

We could use the excess water from the next inevitable New Orleans flood to put it out, couldn't we?

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

Oh for God's sake. Not this :censored: again.

sizemore, I'm glad that there are posters like you, Infrared, and McCarthy to keep this Cleveland/Ohio crap in check. Infrared can't get off his suspension fast enough to, along with you, keep Ohio sensible. <_<

It's not that you guys "love" your teams. It's that there's this "holier-than-thou-you-just-don't-understand-Cleveland" douchebaggery that vmd and ClevelandHockey present.

It's sports. It's fun. Get over yourselves.

We could use the excess water from the next inevitable New Orleans flood to put it out, couldn't we?

And wow. Seriously?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

On another note, how about those D-Backs? They've got the lead up to 2 in the NL West. When I was in San Fran a couple weeks ago, sports talk radio was acting almost as if the division was the Giants' God-given right and that the D-Backs and Padres were vastly inferior teams, which I really don't believe this years' D-Backs are that much worse than the Giants. If at all worse.

/Giants "fans" really sucked. I'm sure guys like ICS who are real fans are great, but what pisses me off are the 20-something who just go to the game to get drunk and cheer every time the ball hits the bat... even if it's a pop foul. <_<

6fQjS3M.png

On another note, how about those D-Backs? They've got the lead up to 2 in the NL West. When I was in San Fran a couple weeks ago, sports talk radio was acting almost as if the division was the Giants' God-given right and that the D-Backs and Padres were vastly inferior teams, which I really don't believe this years' D-Backs are that much worse than the Giants. If at all worse.

/Giants "fans" really sucked. I'm sure guys like ICS who are real fans are great, but what pisses me off are the 20-something who just go to the game to get drunk and cheer every time the ball hits the bat... even if it's a pop foul. <_<

I noticed that a whole lot when the Indians played in San Fran, but at least people are going to the games.

But I really hate when teams feel entitled, like the Red Sox and Yankees with free agents and the Division/Wildcard.

Don't follow the NL very well though, I actually thought San Fran was cruising.

it's that there's this "holier-than-thou-you-just-don't-understand-Cleveland" douchebaggery that vmd and ClevelandHockey present.

And wow. Seriously?

Where have I shown this holiness? I just speak my mind and people get pooperpained because of it.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

Archived