2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

Anyways, Curtis Granderson has hit 30 home runs for the 2nd time in his career, the first obviously with the Tigers.

Tough first inning for the rookie the Angels are throwing out there. Garret Richards made the jump from AA to the majors to replace Joel Pineiro for his major league debut tonight. (Pineiro has been relegated to the bullpen for now. Pineiro's been terrible in his last 4 starts going 0-3 with a 14.85 ERA). He's the first pitcher to make his major league debut at the new Yankee Stadium.

Richards is the Angels top pitching prospect, but making the jump from AA to the majors in a pennant race and in Yankee Stadium is a tough task.

----

In other news, Dan Uggla hits 31 games.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyways, Curtis Granderson has hit 30 home runs for the 2nd time in his career, the first obviously with the Tigers.

Tough first inning for the rookie the Angels are throwing out there. Garret Richards made the jump from AA to the majors to replace Joel Pineiro for his major league debut tonight. (Pineiro has been relegated to the bullpen for now. Pineiro's been terrible in his last 4 starts going 0-3 with a 14.85 ERA). He's the first pitcher to make his major league debut at the new Yankee Stadium.

Richards is the Angels top pitching prospect, but making the jump from AA to the majors in a pennant race and in Yankee Stadium is a tough task.

It looks like Richards has settled down a bit, and it's showing. It's still early in the ballgame, but I'm not hating what I'm seeing from the kid. I mean, if Pineiro was pitching right now, it'd be 11-0.

It looks like Richards has settled down a bit, and it's showing. It's still early in the ballgame, but I'm not hating what I'm seeing from the kid. I mean, if Pineiro was pitching right now, it'd be 11-0.

I don't have the game on, how is Ivan Nova looking?

I don't have the game on, how is Ivan Nova looking?

To my dismay, he's pitching really well so far.

I guess the Indians want to get home early tonight.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

Don't say anything yet! remember what happened in Texas, no lead is safe the way the bullpen has been pitching. But it's very encouraging to see the offense hitting this well. Everyone has a hit so far, Kipnis has 4 and Fukudome has 3. So much for being a "bum"...

Don't say anything yet! remember what happened in Texas, no lead is safe the way the bullpen has been pitching. But it's very encouraging to see the offense hitting this well. Everyone has a hit so far, Kipnis has 4 and Fukudome has 3. So much for being a "bum"...

Did I miss the 12 innings of shutout baseball last night?

No I didn't, I was there. Even CHRIS PEREZ managed to go 1-2-3.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

That's true I watched it happen on STO. Props for being able to stay, I don't live in Ohio so I can't make weekday games or else I would have been there.

Tonight's game is great to watch, but the Verlander matchup really makes me nervous. We'd be lucky to get 1 hit against him, let alone 18 like tonight

So the Rays were down 7-3 going into the bottom of the 9th...

M Joyce singled to right. 7-3

J Damon singled to right, M Joyce to second. 7-3

E Longoria doubled to center, M Joyce scored, J Damon to third. 7-4

B Zobrist grounded out to second, J Damon scored, E Longoria to third. 7-5

C Kotchman reached on infield single to second, E Longoria scored. 7-6

S Fuld tripled to deep center, E Johnson scored, S Fuld scored on throwing error by second baseman J Giavotella. 7-8

Oh man.

http://tampabay.rays.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2011_08_10_kcamlb_tbamlb_1&mode=recap&c_id=tb&partnerId=aw-7168488189410644033-1051

That's true I watched it happen on STO. Props for being able to stay, I don't live in Ohio so I can't make weekday games or else I would have been there.

Tonight's game is great to watch, but the Verlander matchup really makes me nervous. We'd be lucky to get 1 hit against him, let alone 18 like tonight

Uhh...? Anyways, very nice performance for Jimenez tonight, and another big win.

6fQjS3M.png

Uhh...? Anyways, very nice performance for Jimenez tonight, and another big win.

I moved and forgot to change it? why the hell does it make a difference.

I moved and forgot to change it? why the hell does it make a difference.

It was a sarcastic comment because you said you weren't from Ohio. Chill.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived