2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

Tomlin's going to break whatever the record is of consecutive games with at least 5 innings pitched.

He's got to be one of the most underrated pitchers in the MLB. The guy is 12-5? this year and has gone 5+ innings in every single game of his career. He had a handful of games this year when he struggled a bit (hence the 5 losses) but overall he usually gives the Tribe a chance to win. His only weaknesses would have to be predictable pitches and giving up a good amount of home runs. A majority of his pitches are strikes, and once batters realize this they start to get hits off of 1st or 2nd pitches. Swinging early in counts can result in contact, but this makes it easier for him to get through innings very quickly causing fast outs. I'd say with all the Ubaldo Jimenez and Masterson talk, people don't seem to pay much attention to Tomlin. But he really solidifies our starting lineup.

When he's on his breaking stuff is nasty. I mean; he got that :censored:head Thome looking!

Ah yes, how dare Jim Thome betray the great Indian cause.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tomlin's going to break whatever the record is of consecutive games with at least 5 innings pitched.

He's got to be one of the most underrated pitchers in the MLB. The guy is 12-5? this year and has gone 5+ innings in every single game of his career. He had a handful of games this year when he struggled a bit (hence the 5 losses) but overall he usually gives the Tribe a chance to win. His only weaknesses would have to be predictable pitches and giving up a good amount of home runs. A majority of his pitches are strikes, and once batters realize this they start to get hits off of 1st or 2nd pitches. Swinging early in counts can result in contact, but this makes it easier for him to get through innings very quickly causing fast outs. I'd say with all the Ubaldo Jimenez and Masterson talk, people don't seem to pay much attention to Tomlin. But he really solidifies our starting lineup.

When he's on his breaking stuff is nasty. I mean; he got that :censored:head Thome looking!

That's damn right, he's a :censored:eater.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

That's damn right, he's a :censored:eater.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

Can we please stop with the childish insults? Thanks for making us all look bad, dude.

You want "grown up" insults? He's a backstabber and a deserter. Everyone has these rose tinted glasses of Thome as some big lovable lug, a "corn-fed midwestern mule", and a great Indian.

Then he left for an extra year on his contract.

Nope. Sorry. Screw Thome.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

In retrospect then by what he did when he left, the Cleveland office :censored:ed up and should have given him the extra year. It's on them, not on him. He doesn't owe the organization or the fans :censored:, because he more than delivered for what he was payed during his time.

He said he loved Cleveland and wanted to retire here, that he loved his fellow players and really wanted to stay.

Then he signs for no more money, just an extra year.

You don't do that.

But you already have this bias in your head so whatever.

Other free agents say they will take the most money they can get; if Thome said that I wouldn't hate him nearly as much.

scaledphptn0server616filenamemz8j.png

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

In retrospect then by what he did when he left, the Cleveland office :censored:ed up and should have given him the extra year. It's on them, not on him. He doesn't owe the organization or the fans :censored:, because he more than delivered for what he was payed during his time.

He said he loved Cleveland and wanted to retire here, that he loved his fellow players and really wanted to stay.

You don't do that.

Other free agents say they will take the most money they can get; if Thome said that I wouldn't hate him nearly as much.

I don't know, given the limited career lifespan of athletes, I think I'd welcome the extra year's worth of paydays, regardless of salary totals.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You don't do that.

I don't know, given the limited career lifespan of athletes, I think I'd welcome the extra year's worth of paydays, regardless of salary totals.

He had a bad back, and the Indians were giving him $15,000,000 /yr for 6 years. Philly offered him 7 and he jumped ship so fast he mixed up his wife and a rock.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You don't do that.

He had a bad back, and the Indians were giving him $15,000,000 /yr for 6 years. Philly offered him 7 and he jumped ship so fast he mixed up his wife and a rock.

So they offered him another year's worth of paydays when he was unsure about his long term playing chances. Why are we outraged that he jumped at this again?

Today, we are all otaku.

Can't you read? He talked like he wanted to stay here, even exclaiming "It wasn't about the money"

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

Can't you read? He talked like he wanted to stay here, even exclaiming "It wasn't about the money"

Oh I'm sorry you confused a standard negotiating tactic for actual honesty. Now I understand.

Today, we are all otaku.

So he lied and left. Yes, I'm angry. Screw the guy when he's playing the Indians. I can't stand to look at him.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

So he lied and left. Yes, I'm angry. Screw the guy when he's playing the Indians. I can't stand to look at him.

So do you support any free agent acquisitions signed by Cleveland teams? Or are they also gutless traitors?

Today, we are all otaku.

So do you support any free agent acquisitions signed by Cleveland teams? Or are they also gutless traitors?

I could give 2 :censored:s about that. I'm mad at this guy. What's the point of this distraction? lol.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

in other non-thome-butthurt related news, I'm hoping the Blue Jays have white-shirt giveaway night in honor the stupid espn article that came out the other day.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'm at today's Orioles-Tigers game (suck it, YessSir! :P ). The pitching matchup is Jo-Jo Reyes against Doug Fister. I've already seen Fister once this season (at a Mariners-Nationals game) so I'm expecting him to dominate against Baltimore.

25yzwqg.png

I could give 2 :censored:s about that. I'm mad at this guy. What's the point of this distraction? lol.

Just establishing your hypocritically unreasonable baseline. And distracting you from Cleveland's quixotic pursuit of a playoff berth.

Today, we are all otaku.

Just establishing your hypocritically unreasonable baseline. And distracting you from Cleveland's quixotic pursuit of a playoff berth.

How is that hypocritical, did I say I don't approve of other hating players that gutlessly left their team? Nope, try again.

Also it needs to stop raining because the Indians really can't play 46 games in 44 days.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

Can you please go away for a while and come back when you're grown up and understand how things work?

Thanks.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived