2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WTF? A walk-off HBP in extra innings? When has that ever happened before?

Ahhhh, a night wasted.

Not if you were there.

Oh god the chants after the 12th inning were glorious.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

Well, looks like the Jays' are still getting accused of sign stealing, so much so ESPN found it necessary to do a semi investigative report.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/6837424/baseball-toronto-blue-jays-suspicion-again-stealing-signs-rogers-centre

No real proof except for some circumstantial details. Really, I think the stats are a little more coincidental than tied to anything relating to sign stealing.

In all honesty, if there was a man in white in the outfield, I'm sure people would've noticed this long ago and this wouldn't be the first we've heard of it. People who have season tickets out there or have sat out there frequently probably would have said something by now.

Of course, this now makes me want to buy a white jumpsuit and sit out there and just wave my arms around to see what people say. Could lead to something fun!

Or maybe, this is the man they're referring to...

4499457f44c49cb6e96fac935c8c.jpeg

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I read that article all the way through and have no a vauge idea what happened. What an horribly written piece.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

Jose Bautista also hit 5 HRs in one weekend at Target Field this year (More than any Twin had the entire year to that point). Does the Man In Whiteâ„¢ travel with him?

The article is a load of :censored:. Can't people just give credit to, you know, talent instead of steroids, HGH or phantom sign stealers?

Ok Braden come clean are you flashing signs to Jose Bautista?

He'd be quoted as "The Man in Graphite" and he wouldn't be flashing "signs"...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Some team outside of the Rays may actually pose a threat to the Yanks and the Sawks, so Bill Simmons has to get a smear article going to protect his team. "An American League Pitcher", "Spring of 2010". Great reporting BS.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Who wears white to the Jays game <_<

Is it you Neon?

This sign stealing is dumb, its been happening for at least 60 years and its teams responsibility to change up their signs to not have them stolen. Its baseball.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

jparencibia9 jp arencibia

What's next? Man on CN Tower edge walk was seen relaying signs to bluejay hitters.. #clowns

22 minutes ago

jp arencibia

Teams/pitchers need to accept when we kick their ass in the rogers centre n not give excuses... Looks like we had verlanders signs #nohitter

46 minutes ago

jp arencibia

Just read the dumbest article on ESPN about us getting signs? I'm hitting 200 and we get signs at home, that makes sense? #clowns

48 minutes ago

Yeah, something tells me this isn't happening...

6fQjS3M.png

Also, ESTONE6, when the Tigers traded for Miguel Cabrera, Detroit fans said "how could you trade Cameron Maybin AND Andrew Miller?"

Yeah, look how that turned out for the Tigers. Fairly similar reactions.

Miguel Cabrera had a proven track record. He had been doing it for multiple years at a high level. Ubaldo is a complete question mark to this point.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Also, ESTONE6, when the Tigers traded for Miguel Cabrera, Detroit fans said "how could you trade Cameron Maybin AND Andrew Miller?"

Yeah, look how that turned out for the Tigers. Fairly similar reactions.

Miguel Cabrera had a proven track record. He had been doing it for multiple years at a high level. Ubaldo is a complete question mark to this point.

Udabldo has done enough to prove himself as well. That's not question, the question did the Rockies do what the Padres did to the White Sox with Jake Peavy which was stick them with a guy they know is damaged goods knowing full well that he will also never be the same pitcher again.

Time will tell and its something I'd be very nervous about if I were an Indians fan. I get the front office wanted to show that they were serious about contending, but there have been alot of bad deals made for that exact same reason. Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet and let the talk radio show hosts and fans say what they want rather then making some dumb short term move. (See Heathcliff Slocumb and Bartolo Colon for more info. Two moves made for the exact same reason and look what happened.)

What's next? Man on CN Tower edge walk was seen relaying signs to bluejay hitters.. #clowns

22 minutes ago

jp arencibia

Teams/pitchers need to accept when we kick their ass in the rogers centre n not give excuses... Looks like we had verlanders signs #nohitter

46 minutes ago

jp arencibia

Just read the dumbest article on ESPN about us getting signs? I'm hitting 200 and we get signs at home, that makes sense? #clowns

48 minutes ago

Yeah, something tells me this isn't happening...

Gotta love his humor.

I want to hear a Statement from the MLB, that's if they even think this warrants an investigation, which it totally doesn't.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Yeah, he would be flashing something else...

Well based on matahmatically probaillity there may be one taker on the Jays

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

That has got to be the worst article I have ever read on ESPN.com. I'm pretty sure most teams are more productive at home than on the road. The Jay's are stealing signs because the Yankees and Red Sox say so. So because the Yankees and Red Sox are involved, this crap gets its own article.

Archived