2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of incredibly meaningful milestones, Aramis Ramirez just hit his 300th. Yay

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Nice comeback win by the Phils, and it seems like whoever steps into the closer role is picking up where the previous guy leaves off.

Tomorrow is Doc's return. That place better be at least 2/3 full...

Yea that mess does get pretty annoying. Yankees fans know what is going on with their team. Don't waste everyone Else's time telling us too. You don't see me posting something every time the Braves get a win, or when Dan Uggla actually gets a hit. Take the hint given to you by fellow bard members and stop while you still can.

This made me laugh.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Went to the Rangers-Astros game yesterday. Minute Maid Park leads the league in wackiness.

I was doing a Home Run Derby in MLB The Show the other day there and all I could think about is "how many freakin' ground rules does this place have?"

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Halladay throws a CG in his Toronto return. The top of the 9th got ugly with a fan on the field, two violent ejections (Rauch and Farrell) and a crowd that got angry at the home plate ump Marquez...

Halladay throws a CG in his Toronto return. The top of the 9th got ugly with a fan on the field, two violent ejections (Rauch and Farrell) and a crowd that got angry at the home plate ump Marquez...

Lot of Philly fans up there, eh?

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Based on the cheering, it sounded like there was.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Giants were up 6-0 on The Tigers in the 3rd, then thunderstorms hit, but fortunately it didn't get washed out. Now it's like 15-nil, and I seriously think Pavel Datsyuk and/or Henrik Zetterberg could've done a better job pitching for Detroit.

Also, nice to see Zito pitching great back from injury after being maligned so much(Not that he didn't deserve it)

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Based on the cheering, it sounded like there was.

I don't know why, but it kind of surprises me how well Phillies fans "travel." Don't get me wrong, I think it's great. But for some reason I've always been under the impression that Phillies fans weren't as "serious" (for lack of a better term) as Eagles and Flyers fans are. No idea why I think that.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

This thread in a nutshell:

Random Poster: Hey, my Royals had a great game---

Dexter: YANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEES

YANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEES

YANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEES

YANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEES DO YOU LIKE THE YANKEES YET?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

This is hilarious. Why the AL hates playing in NL parks. Exhibit A.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2011_07_02_clemlb_cinmlb_1&mode=video

I know you wanted to show Carmona falling, but the link went to a 3 run homer, and I was like that's normal...

But most pitchers like to hit, and be the one to get a hit.

This is hilarious. Why the AL hates playing in NL parks. Exhibit A.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2011_07_02_clemlb_cinmlb_1&mode=video

I know you wanted to show Carmona falling, but the link went to a 3 run homer, and I was like that's normal...

But most pitchers like to hit, and be the one to get a hit.

Weird, well heRE it is on you tube, though I doubt it will be around long.

Personally, I don't mind it, but it the World Series AL teams like Red Sox have to bench David Ortiz in the NL parks, ect, ect ect. That drastically changes their lineup.

This thread in a nutshell:

Random Poster: Hey, my Royals had a great game---

Dexter: YANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEES

YANKEESYANKEESYANKEESYANKEES DO YOU LIKE THE YANKEES YET?

23299_10150092730395023_8865_n.jpg

Archived