NCAA Football Realignment Concept Project (ACC)

vicfurth

It's a nice concept, I jus think they were too conservative.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the use of the volt actually, it looks nice. I especially like the pants design. However, the wing design really bugs me. Looks to random and oddly shapen, if you didn't say they were wings I wouldn't of known.

maehl.png

Vicfurth, I've pondered conference realignment and jersey redesign in solitude for years before finding your post (recently joined the forums). I'm so glad you're doing this thread! I just finished reading through everything today and hope to offer some constructive criticism and praise as the next concepts come out. By the way, I envisioned the Pac-12 aligned the exact way you did. Nice call!

Just to recap, some of my favorites you've done so far have been Kentucky and Pittsburgh. I think the TAMU concept would be the one I'd take most issue with, but with a heavy dose of homerism. :) Excited to see what comes next!

FYI: Hawai'i looks a little too "Christmas" for my tastes. I agree they should incorporate more colors paying homage to the 'Bows.

Go Cougs.

OREGON STATE BEAVERS

I was scratching my head for a theme for this concept. The idea of a beaver-tail texture seemed campy, plus I'd already semi-used an animal print on a concept (TCU). Then I thought of a beaver's other prevailing feature: Teeth. Beavers have some of the most unique looking teeth, so I wanted to incorporate that into my concept.

bailey.jpg

That being said, there's a double-stripe theme everywhere on these unis. Starting with the helmet, I actually changed the outline of the helmet logo from white to orange, hoping it would stand out without being the typical white outline. I adding a double orange stripe to the helmet, starting the beaver-teeth trend here and carrying it throughout the rest of the uniform.

On the jerseys, I wanted something semi-modern that wasn't an Oregon copy. I kept the double stripe on the sleeves but capped it at the seam of the sleeve. The double stripe was added as a side-panel. I thought it looked cool without overkilling the jersey. The pants carry the double stripe all the way down the leg.

The font is actually the St. Louis Rams' font. I thought it looked really nice on the jersey. Plus, it was the only one that looked good when I put "Houshmandzadeh" on the back of the jersey.

Potential Combos Are:

Black/Black

Black/White

White/White

White/Black

Orange/Orange

Orange/White

OregonStateBeavers.png

OregonStateBeavers2.png

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

OK, that little beaver needs to stop eating them damn oranges... look at them teeth! They're all orange now.

In all seriousness, that's a great idea to use the teeth as an inspiration point for this concept... Just whatever you do, don't put a 'Beaver' near an 'Eater'. :P

I like the stripe on the helmet. The orange outline on the logo is a nice touch too. Of course, it's Oregon State, so it has to suck :P

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Interesting inspiration for the Oregon State concept. I like the look of the double-stripe; I feel like giving it thin outline in the third color would make it stand out (as you did with the numbers). I think I'm in the minority, but I actually like OSU's current number font and think that would have worked just fine with this one.

To really streamline things, I might have removed the cuff colors and just kept the shoulder stripes. The design is nice and clean. Thank you for continuing with that trend!

Go Cougs.

SAN DIEGO STATE AZTECS

In a rush this morning, so I'll just explain real quick...

I wanted something besides the script "AZTECS" on the helmet, and I thought the logo flowed really nicely.

Not sure if I still like the dark red pants. Thoughts?

Potential Combos Are:

Red/Black

Red/White

Red/Red

White/Black

White/White

White/Red

Black/Black

Black/White

Black/Red

SanDiegoStateAztecs.png

SanDiegoStateAztecs2.png

SanDiegoStateAztecs3.png

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Individually I really like each of the pieces. The spear as a helmet stripe is a nice touch and I like the helmet logo. Well done on making a side panel that is unique but not overblown. Good font for the numbers too!

I'm stumped on the combinations I would put them in though. I think actually the best look is the black on black (never thought I'd say that) or the black jersey on white pants. For the away uniform I think the white jersey works best with red pants. The tricky thing is helping them to stand apart from divisional rivals USC and Fresno State. The three red helmets in the conference hinders combinations that look unique (though I mentioned I would have aligned it in the same fashion).

Go Cougs.

Like the logo on the helmet. It looks good on the red, but I would like to see the airbrush effect on the helmet return.

I don't mind the red pants myself largely because it's a different shade of red. While Fresno State uses a tradtional red and USC has more of a maroon color, San Diego State lends itself well to a deep, rich brick red color.

I also want to thank you for doing the Blackout look as well... You know it's a goodluck charm at SDSU to wear that look at home games, right?

Archived