NCAA Football Realignment Concept Project (ACC)

vicfurth

Like the logo on the helmet. It looks good on the red, but I would like to see the airbrush effect on the helmet return.

I don't mind the red pants myself largely because it's a different shade of red. While Fresno State uses a tradtional red and USC has more of a maroon color, San Diego State lends itself well to a deep, rich brick red color.

I also want to thank you for doing the Blackout look as well... You know it's a goodluck charm at SDSU to wear that look at home games, right?

Seems I stumbled onto something. That's cool about the blackout

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

beautiful, absolutely beautiful.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

The helmet is really great for SDST. Great work. What do you think about having multiple color helmets and slightly editing the color of the logo to flow more with the particular color of the helmet? (Brick Red, White, Gold, Black?)

SAN JOSE STATE SPARTANS

This is... San Jose?

This concept honors Neil Parry, NCAA's only man to play football with a prosthetic leg.

This was actually not my original idea. In my haste to clear memory space, I accidentally deleted my original Spartan concept. OY! However, this one actually turned out better. The number font is cleaner and the spartan pattern is more subtle. Overall, this one was really fun.

I took inspiration for the whole design from the pattern on the Spartan's headgear (don't know the proper term). I started with the unique striping going down the helmet. On the helmet logo, I went with the Spartan head. IMO, it's VASTLY superior to their current helmet logo with the spear. Fits much better in the space; more balanced. I went with the lighter blue mask for a unique look. Not sure if any other schools are using this (Rhode Island might be, I'm not sure).

The jerseys are relatively simple. I went with the pattern on the cuffs and pant legs. The font is similar to the Chargers but not quite the same. I actually focused a lot on the lighter blue here as well. I wanted to be different in a conference with two other schools that use shades of blue and yellow (California and UCLA [loosely]). The pants have the Spartan logo on the front hip.

Potential Combos Are:

Blue/White

Blue/Blue

White/White

White/Blue

Yellow/White

Yellow/Blue

SanJoseStateSpartans.png

SanJoseStateSpartans2.png

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Like the logo on the helmet. It looks good on the red, but I would like to see the airbrush effect on the helmet return.

I don't mind the red pants myself largely because it's a different shade of red. While Fresno State uses a tradtional red and USC has more of a maroon color, San Diego State lends itself well to a deep, rich brick red color.

I also want to thank you for doing the Blackout look as well... You know it's a goodluck charm at SDSU to wear that look at home games, right?

Seems I stumbled onto something. That's cool about the blackout

A little more info, Don Coryell brought the black jerseys to the Mesa to add with playing at night. It I think one year they tried wearing red and it was viewed as bad luck because of a slow start.

I really like the SDSU concept and I want to see what your helmet design would look like with the air brush.

sig.jpg

San Jose St: I like it, I don't love it though. Like you and others said it does look a bit too much like the Chargers. I really just don't like a college team looking like an NFL team. The yellow alternate is very cool though, and so are the helmets. And for the pants stripe I really don't love it, but it does look decent.

• 2 weeks later...

USC TROJANS

Okay, guys, first update in almost two weeks! Whoo!!!

This was the one team I really got hung up on. How to improve one of NCAA's more prestigious football programs--and good looking unis to boot?

I drew some inspiration from the mascot's sleeve pattern, which I added to the under-sleeve, pants, and helmet. I also resisted the urge to create any alternates and went with only two combos.

Potential Combos Are:

Red/Yellow

White/Yellow

USCTrojans.png

The last two are both great. I think a blue helmet might look better, but the white's not bad. The one thing that I don't like is the lighter blue numbers on the road jerseys. Make those the same royal as the home jersey and it's perfect. When I saw you posted USC I was hoping you used that striping pattern so I obviously like these. The little color swoosh thing on the sleeve is the only thing I don't like. They don't really add anything to the design, so I'd ditch them. Move the striping up to the sleeve and the numbers onto the shoulder and these are perfect.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

what about the trojan pattern on the collar instead of the undershirt? I would start the pattern on the pants after the seam. I think it looks cleaner when it does not cross a seam.

Hey guys. Got major crap going on at work, including dealing with a false harassment claim from a 19-year old girl.

Needless to say, inspiration is not coming very easily right now. I do get to keep my job but now I dont want it. I am calling the project off for the time being. I'll unveil what I have left in the PAC 12 and ACC but I don't have anything left for the rest for now.

Archived