Denver Nuggets New Identity

ldswoosh33

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope not. I wouldn't even want them to.

But who knows? They may think they need to sell more merchandise.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I don't see why they would change. This is the best identity the Nuggets have ever had.

If they change anything, it would be to make the pickaxe alt logo their primary, and that's it.

I'll go along with that.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

They shouldn't. They just tweaked their uniforms a year or two ago by replacing cobalt with navy (bad move). Changing your uniforms upon the departure of your franchise player makes it look like you're shutting down. Look at what the Cavaliers did. It's like they couldn't even be arsed to outline their numbers.

The Nuggets are fast becoming one of those teams that has no particular colors or identity. Navy blue? Powder blue? What were they in 1993-2003? Dark blue? Dark red? Dark yellow? Before that they had the rainbows? Didn't they wear orange and black once?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

They shouldn't. They just tweaked their uniforms a year or two ago by replacing cobalt with navy (bad move). Changing your uniforms upon the departure of your franchise player makes it look like you're shutting down. Look at what the Cavaliers did. It's like they couldn't even be arsed to outline their numbers.

The Nuggets are fast becoming one of those teams that has no particular colors or identity. Navy blue? Powder blue? What were they in 1993-2003? Dark blue? Dark red? Dark yellow? Before that they had the rainbows? Didn't they wear orange and black once?

Guess they're the Houston Astros of the NBA? :P

I don't see why they would change. This is the best identity the Nuggets have ever had.

If they change anything, it would be to make the pickaxe alt logo their primary, and that's all.

Yeah, i doubt they will change at all. But if they do it will mostly likely be making the pickaxe logo the primary and/or emphasizing navy more than they already do.

And yeah, they started with orange and black (when the were the Rockets), then purple/gold (still Rockets), then blue/yellow/minimal red, then rainbow, then maroon/navy, then cobalt/light blue/yellow and now navy/sky blue/yellow. A lot of changing and switching going on with the Nuggets identity.

jNTsTyQ.png

This may fit better and fall into the "unpopular opinions" thread, but I've been one of the few who have HATED the Melo-era Nuggets identity. I thought what they had before that was alot better. True, it was associated with losing, but I vastly preferred the Navy, Dark Red, and (Old?)Gold over what they have now. And though it was indeed a product of the 90's, they didn't go overboard at all with it and everything from the logo to the uniforms was sharp and clean. The powder blue, cobalt (later navy), and yellow-gold just didn't look like it fit, and appeared to me more of a following-the-current-trend switch. I don't know, when I think of a miner or a 49er, goldpanner, whatever you want to associate the whole idea of "Nuggets" with, I don't think of vibrant blues and yellow. I think of what the 90's identity had - Navy, Dark Red, and Gold. Essentially darker colors. It was a much more western and outdoors-ish scheme to me, therefore much more fitting.

I really hate it when teams get a star player (or lose one) and think they have to all of the sudden change everything, because sometimes (especially in Denver's case), the end product is worse than what they already had. That being said, I think a change from this current identity would be an exception for me. Cleveland's post-LeBron era changes were a bad move, ditching a fantastic identity for a very unappealing one. If Denver were to change, however, I wouldn't miss the Melo-era identity at all.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

If they change anything, it would be to make the pickaxe alt logo their primary, and that's it.

Seeing the pickaxe alt as primary might be cool, because the Nuggets current one and Utah's both feature mountains (although the Jazz reintroduced music note logo). It might be cool. I was thinking that they might, because as people have pointed out the Cavs changes.

Romans 5:8

NikoLazar.com

I really hope they never go back to anything like what they had in 93-03. You guys may think that looks nice, but growing up in Denver, I just can't look at that logo without being reminded of lousy Nuggets teams. Maybe it's a nice look, but the years of losing with that identity have created a firm bias against it.

Although the unis were a little bit lacking IMO, I thought this era was their best, identity-wise:

tht30q65rj1sca9rhsq5zfoih.gif

I agree. Maybe the colors could be colors could be modified, since the gold and burgundy seem to clash a bit. Use this as the primary, the pickaxe thing as the secondary. Get rid of the car-emblem script thing.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Knowing the current design trends in sports, we'll probably soon be seeing these brought back exactly the way they were:

h5apsd71i866gwvfgmh2nqyes.gifhfu7u991sxhrejgblgwlvejwb.gif

Yep cause Retro is cool... whether or not it looks good has nothing to do with it.

I guess I'm the only one who liked those jerseys. I even liked them enough to base my fantasy basketball team's look after them. I did modify the colors though.

jNTsTyQ.png

Archived