Searching for your 'whale'

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here in the States they've basically disappeared from every store. Anyway, with one MLB whale out of the way, I'm moving on to trying to track down my next few whales:

NhSDo.jpg

I got like 10 of those that I bought at a dollar store for $1 each (along with some 59fifty).

• 2 weeks later...

Got my whale. Finally caved and bought it full price ($40) at Lids. Convinced my family to only get me that for my birthday. My cap collection is now complete.

qzgmbp.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

My list is really obscure, but here goes.

2005 Latvia Nike hockey jersey. A one year only style. All teams got sharp new styles for the 2005 worlds but they were short lived when the 2006 Nike Swift styles arrived.

Latvia2005.jpg

West Germany jersey worn in the movie Miracle. The only style to appear in the movie I don't own. Just kicking myself to no end for not getting one when they were first on ebay after later deciding to try to complete the full set. The were made by A.I.S. and are a dark red with grey stripes and numbers. This was a filming trick to mute the colors of all the other jerseys when compared to the bright colors of the USA and CCCP jerseys, which then visually lept off the screen.

WestGermanyMiraclemovie.png

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

My list is really obscure, but here goes.

2005 Latvia Nike hockey jersey. A one year only style. All teams got sharp new styles for the 2005 worlds but they were short lived when the 2006 Nike Swift styles arrived.

Latvia2005.jpg

West Germany jersey worn in the movie Miracle. The only style to appear in the movie I don't own. Just kicking myself to no end for not getting one when they were first on ebay after later deciding to try to complete the full set. The were made by A.I.S. and are a dark red with grey stripes and numbers. This was a filming trick to mute the colors of all the other jerseys when compared to the bright colors of the USA and CCCP jerseys, which then visually lept off the screen.

WestGermanyMiraclemovie.png

You can call AIS and they will remake it for you, for a fee. I'm about to do that for a few older jerseys I've looked forever for.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

I got my CCM Fisherman replica in 2010 for about $55 it is in fantastic condition... I'll admit I got super lucky on this one.

Did you find it on eBay or somewhere else?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• 2 weeks later...

either a 1996 nhl western conference all-star jersey with felix potvin's name and number, or a new york islanders navy blue potvin jersey. in size XL.

I wouldn't think thye Isles one would be hard to find, lots of places still sell CCM replicas and most only have 2XL and XL.

untitled-6.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived