2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

A's played Mariners today as Oaks vs Rainiers.

613972032.gif?key=624350&Expires=1341801251&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=VjB76uBAQYeTjzpSHOMdpmP99rZeiqRWaDjjZZkOCjXzV7xT-KkZvpPr1Dk0prz25wZYs2ElU4BGs5n1jR1NHdhjdVHPfjbuFNJYPdrUs~qYweWLRUkC4xAtUKJtarRd9K2YBUMlXvaqEauHLyc8b94JHMdXwK3Mm12tdVKgW~g_

Ebbetts Field Flannels is posting on their Facebook page that the '55 Oakland cap is inaccurate.

Link to pictures: http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/photos?gameId=320708111

New Era gets every throwback hat wrong. I've come to expect this

EVERY throwback is wrong??

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A's played Mariners today as Oaks vs Rainiers.

613972032.gif?key=624350&Expires=1341801251&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=VjB76uBAQYeTjzpSHOMdpmP99rZeiqRWaDjjZZkOCjXzV7xT-KkZvpPr1Dk0prz25wZYs2ElU4BGs5n1jR1NHdhjdVHPfjbuFNJYPdrUs~qYweWLRUkC4xAtUKJtarRd9K2YBUMlXvaqEauHLyc8b94JHMdXwK3Mm12tdVKgW~g_

Ebbetts Field Flannels is posting on their Facebook page that the '55 Oakland cap is inaccurate.

Link to pictures: http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/photos?gameId=320708111

New Era gets every throwback hat wrong. I've come to expect this

EVERY throwback is wrong??

Because of the MLB logo on the back? Black underbrim?

Go A's!

Not really a logo change here - but hopefully a preview of one. The Illinois Lottery recently came out with instant tickets for the White Sox, Cubs and Cardinals (since downstate is mostly Cards fans). The tickets feature the primary logo at the top, and the scratch-off area is the alternate logo (cap logo in the case of the Cards). The Cubs tickets feature the primary circle logo at the top, which I took note of because the stupid pawing bear logo has been used as the default primary logo for the past 10 years or so. That logo wasn't featured on the scratch off area, either. They used the '80s sleeve logo there.

jgcecy2vwgb6kkl0spnrkimhv.gif

Maybe it was an error to use the retro logo on these tickets, but hopefully it's a preview of planned change for the Cubs - featuring their primary logo more prominently, returning to the old cub face logo and eliminating the horrible pawing bear. I would even take the '90s revamp of the cub fans over the pawing bear. It's a really bad logo.

I would love this, of course. In response to Lights Out and Bradbury, for me a lot of it is nostalgia reasons. But I also like older, simple logos, and I think it's the best of the sleeve patch bunch. And that would be the final reason: Like the White Sox's white sock, it's clearly a sleeve patch. A secondary.

I'm not a fan of the walking/pawing bear partially because, like The Old Roman said, they use it as a primary too much. It was a BP cap logo at one time and of course has been the primary logo on the BP jerseys they wear as alts for far too long. I also feel its a bit repetitive to have another C logo.

Is the "mad cub" the best drawing of a bear? No. But I've never thought it had to be. It likely still says "Cubs" to a lot of people, particularly those that buy merchandise. It certainly has made a comeback over the past 10 years.

I don't know that this signals a switch or if one is even coming. But I think they are overdue for a upgrade.

That logo almost got me backhanded by my Cardinals fan Grandfather when I was about 6 (not really). I commented that I thought it was a cool logo even though it was the cubs logo. I think I broke his heart.

Its one of my first sports logos/unis memories and I still like that logo today. Its not the best rendition of a bear but I love logos that solve the problem with so few shapes and lines.

jgcecy2vwgb6kkl0spnrkimhv.gif

Its one of my first sports logos/unis memories and I still like that logo today. It's not the best rendition of a bear but I love logos that solve the problem with so few shapes and lines.

That sums up my feelings better than I did in either of my posts. Thanks.

With the NL wearing their road uniforms at the All Star Game right now, it's hard not to note how inferior so many NL teams' road caps are to their home caps. St. Louis, Atlanta, Cincinnati, Washington all have great home caps that aren't being showcased.

With the NL wearing their road uniforms at the All Star Game right now, it's hard not to note how inferior so many NL teams' road caps are to their home caps. St. Louis, Atlanta, Cincinnati, Washington all have great home caps that aren't being showcased.

I hate how the All Navy Atlanta hat looks with the road jerseys....the red trim on the jerseys now look SO out of place.

They either need to bring back the standard cap on the road or alter the road jerseys.

New York Mets & New York Jets

WOW No alts in the game. And yes that Atlanta road cap is awful.

They don't allow players to wear alts. I wish they would, would make the game a lot more fun if you ask me.

They DO allow alts. The last few years when the Mets have worn white jerseys, those were their alts. (for example, 2006, 2009). I'm sure their are other examples.

David-Wright---2006-Home-Run-All-Star-Game.jpg

New York Mets & New York Jets

Archived