2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

I'd like to see the Phillies use this top script...

4501297257_4324a5fb3f_o.jpg

...and go all-maroon, with powder blue used at an absolute minimum (such as making the stars that dot the "i"s powder blue).

Round out the top of the "i's", the top of the "h", and make other slight adjustments, and then I'd agree. The current script just looks too...cartoony .

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone noticed that the Nationals have been wearing their home batting helmet with their roads the last few games, but still wore the normal road cap. I personally like the home hat/helmet with the roads IMO. It makes the script pop more.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Has anyone noticed that the Nationals have been wearing their home batting helmet with their roads the last few games, but still wore the normal road cap. I personally like the home hat/helmet with the roads IMO. It makes the script pop more.

There's some talk about that on UW today. Supposedly a source in the team said that they just wanted to "see how it looked", while others are speculating that they're getting their road helmets repainted after the ASG and they just got held up and weren't ready or something.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

A lot of teams toying with some changes for next season.

What we know:

Astros - overhaul

Mets - adding blue alt

Some baseless predictions:

Mariners - teal-billed cap becomes home primary

Indians - block C cap/cream alt becomes home primary

Marlins - minor tweak(s) or new alt

Brewers and/or Diamondbacks and/or Twins - jump on the cream alt bandwagon

All 30 teams - another new, dumb BP template with unnecessary cap piping and differently-colored panels

Before this derails and turns into the Baseless 2013 MLB Speculation/Wishlist Show, please at least start a new thread for it.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

does anyone think that the mets would add a new alt. cap to replace the sales of the black cap and the hybrid(black/blue brim) cap?

possibly a blue cap w/ orange brim to go with the blue alts.

New York Mets & New York Jets

does anyone think that the mets would add a new alt. cap to replace the sales of the black cap and the hybrid(black/blue brim) cap?

Doubt it. If it sells well, they'll keep it.

The A's up until last year still sold their all black, green logo cap at the team store. They only wore that for one season over 10 years ago. Their other black alternate cap is still sold in stores despite no longer being in use. People still buy them, so they still sell them

Go A's!

Some baseless predictions:

Mariners - teal-billed cap becomes home primary

Indians - block C cap/cream alt becomes home primary

Marlins - minor tweak(s) or new alt

Brewers and/or Diamondbacks and/or Twins - jump on the cream alt bandwagon

All 30 teams - another new, dumb BP template with unnecessary cap piping and differently-colored panels

Where did this baseless prediction come from? It wouldn't make much sense, considering that the Brewers only wore flannels for a couple years and their current (extremely popular) throwback alts are squarely planted in the doubleknit era.

Doubt it. If it sells well, they'll keep it.

The A's up until last year still sold their all black, green logo cap at the team store. They only wore that for one season over 10 years ago. Their other black alternate cap is still sold in stores despite no longer being in use. People still buy them, so they still sell them

Much like the Red Sox still sell the hanging socks cap in their store, even though they don't wear it anymore.

Archived