2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

does anyone think that the mets would add a new alt. cap to replace the sales of the black cap and the hybrid(black/blue brim) cap?

possibly a blue cap w/ orange brim to go with the blue alts.

Doubt it. If it sells well, they'll keep it.

The A's up until last year still sold their all black, green logo cap at the team store. They only wore that for one season over 10 years ago. Their other black alternate cap is still sold in stores despite no longer being in use. People still buy them, so they still sell them

Much like the Red Sox still sell the hanging socks cap in their store, even though they don't wear it anymore.

well, they already took down the black/blue hybrid cap on the team website. and i haven't seen them in lids for a while. so i assume they are not even producing them anymore.

i assume the same fate will happen to the black cap.

New York Mets & New York Jets

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

does anyone think that the mets would add a new alt. cap to replace the sales of the black cap and the hybrid(black/blue brim) cap?

The A's up until last year still sold their all black, green logo cap at the team store. They only wore that for one season over 10 years ago. Their other black alternate cap is still sold in stores despite no longer being in use. People still buy them, so they still sell them

Much like the Red Sox still sell the hanging socks cap in their store, even though they don't wear it anymore.

well, they already took down the black/blue hybrid cap on the team website. and i haven't seen them in lids for a while. so i assume they are not even producing them anymore.

I still see the black Mets cap at the Lids I go to

Go A's!

that's cause it's STILL an alternate. What you don't see is the hybrid. It's not on the official site and i don't see it any either of my local lids.

that's cause it's STILL an alternate. What you don't see is the hybrid. It's not on the official site and i don't see it any either of my local lids.

The hybrid cap is all over the Lids stores in Columbus. Same with the Sox' hanging socks caps and the A's black caps. I've even been to a few stores still selling the rangers blue/black caps

Manchester-City-icon.png

The hybrid cap is all over the Lids stores in Columbus. Same with the Sox' hanging socks caps and the A's black caps. I've even been to a few stores still selling the rangers blue/black caps

your store still probably has them in stock and wanna sell them off. but mets clubhouse stores don't even have them in stock anymore.

another note. if you really wanna compare the difference. MLBShop.com does NOT sell the mets hybrid cap anymore, but STILL sells the oakland A's black alts and Red Sox Hanging sox caps....that means those teams are still producing those caps, where as the mets have STOPPED production on the hybrid and probably will for the all black next year....you can not compare those teams to the mets.

I grew up in the 80s and early 90s when this look was prevalent, so I feel I'm somewhat qualified to opine that this is one of the ugliest looks in baseball's long, glorious history. Does the league really allow them to wear those fake stirrups in actual games?

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/photos?gameId=320719130&photoId=2218579

Oh God! That's terrible!

There should be a rule about wearing that.

I grew up in the 80s and early 90s when this look was prevalent, so I feel I'm somewhat qualified to opine that this is one of the ugliest looks in baseball's long, glorious history. Does the league really allow them to wear those fake stirrups in actual games?

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/photos?gameId=320719130&photoId=2218579

Was watching that game on TV and didn't notice them until the sixth inning. With the sannies being white, it just blended into the pants

Go A's!

I'd love to see this as a new Alt Cap for the Mets

(Its Mets blue not Navy, its the lighting)

2012-07-19210935.jpg

Yes, that would look fantastic.

While this cap doesn't look bad, to me, it seems like it would go the route of the Giants' alt cap; a good, but unnecessary addition.

The Mets' blue cap is iconic. There is no reason they should ever wear another cap. Blue jerseys 20-30 times a year is fine, but they don't need to add an alternate cap just because they can.

Agreed (well I probably wouldn't use "iconic", but I'm pretty strict with that word when it comes to baseball). The all-blue cap will go perfectly with every jersey that any alternate is unnecessary, especially since it's really been the only (good) cap they've ever used. The other ones: White crowned - an alt for one season. The black and blues and all-black - driven by a trendy fad (redundant I know, but appropriate).

Point, the all blue cap is the Mets. They don't need anything else.

The Mets' blue cap is iconic. There is no reason they should ever wear another cap. Blue jerseys 20-30 times a year is fine, but they don't need to add an alternate cap just because they can.

Agreed (well I probably wouldn't use "iconic", but I'm pretty strict with that word when it comes to baseball). The all-blue cap will go perfectly with every jersey that any alternate is unnecessary, especially since it's really been the only (good) cap they've ever used. The other ones: White crowned - an alt for one season. The black and blues and all-black - driven by a trendy fad (redundant I know, but appropriate).

Or, as others might say, it's "iconic". :P

I agree, though. It' so good-looking, and so easily identifiable, that any other cap just waters down the identity. When you get it right, you don't need an alt.

Or, as others might say, it's "iconic". :P

I agree, though. It' so good-looking, and so easily identifiable, that any other cap just waters down the identity. When you get it right, you don't need an alt.

I like the Orange bill cap, and if they HAVE to have an alternate (and these days it seems everyone does) that's probably the best you can hope for.

Archived