2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

I wish that some of the Braves did what Prado did last year in the ASG, when he wore the home hat with the road jersey.

I don't recall that. Pics or it didn't happen.

Done (although I was wrong on the date; it was in the 2010 ASG).

4792629085_e92ea07139_o.png

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW No alts in the game. And yes that Atlanta road cap is awful.

They don't allow players to wear alts. I wish they would, would make the game a lot more fun if you ask me.

They DO allow alts. The last few years when the Mets have worn white jerseys, those were their alts. (for example, 2006, 2009). I'm sure their are other examples.

David-Wright---2006-Home-Run-All-Star-Game.jpg

Teams have to wear all white or all grey.. So yes a team like the mets could wear either their pinstripes or their whites (especially before the pinstripes were cream) The giants would be another example this year they could wear either of their grey uniform. That's so the teams look somewhat uniform. You can't have players wearing all different colored jerseys on both side of the field it would just be a mess.

In basketball a few years back the teams did wear their regular home and road uniforms, but at least all the homes were white so it was basically white vs color except the lakers homes of course.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

I wish that some of the Braves did what Prado did last year in the ASG, when he wore the home hat with the road jersey.

Did he wear the hat, or was it just the helmet?

New York Mets & New York Jets

The last player to wear a colored alt was Ken Griffey Jr. in 1997. Players since then have worn white alts, but no colored ones. Baseball is the one sport where it wouldn't matter if players on different teams were wearing the same or similar colored jerseys, but I think it's kind of cool how each player wears their own home or road, but it's still all white vs. gray.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Did he wear the hat, or was it just the helmet?

He wore the hat, too. I couldn't find any photos on the web with him wearing the hat, but I clearly remember being the only Braves All-Star that year with the home hat on, while the other Braves reps had the all-navy road hat on. Besides, there's no reason he would bring his home helmet and not wear his home hat to match.

With the NL wearing their road uniforms at the All Star Game right now, it's hard not to note how inferior so many NL teams' road caps are to their home caps. St. Louis, Atlanta, Cincinnati, Washington all have great home caps that aren't being showcased.

I agree about all those hats. Other home caps which are better than road ones are the Twins, Athletics and formerly the Mariners with their teal-brimmed home cap.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Interesting to see the Orioles' reps wear the white panel hat with the uniform but wear the primary road batting helmet.

That was the first thing that i noticed when i saw adam jones... it saddened me

as for the Braves, if they were to wear the regular hat with the roads, you all would complain that they and the nationals look too similar... I didnt like it at first, but its grown on me, and i have just come to deal with it...

Interesting to see the Orioles' reps wear the white panel hat with the uniform but wear the primary road batting helmet.

That was the first thing that i noticed when i saw adam jones... it saddened me

as for the Braves, if they were to wear the regular hat with the roads, you all would complain that they and the nationals look too similar... I didnt like it at first, but its grown on me, and i have just come to deal with it...

That would be the Nationals fault then. And most people here don't think the Nationals should be wearing a navy crowned cap on the road anyways.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

WOW No alts in the game. And yes that Atlanta road cap is awful.

They don't allow players to wear alts. I wish they would, would make the game a lot more fun if you ask me.

They DO allow alts. The last few years when the Mets have worn white jerseys, those were their alts. (for example, 2006, 2009). I'm sure their are other examples.

David-Wright---2006-Home-Run-All-Star-Game.jpg

I don't know about 2006, but in 2009 the snow-whites were the Mets' primary uniforms. The pinstripes were officially designated alts.

The pinstripes are only the primary this year to honor their 50th Anniversary. I believe they switch back next year. And I, personally, prefer the Cardinals road caps with the gray uniforms much more than the red cap, if only for the reason that it separates them from the other red cap on road teams; Phillies, Angels, Reds (basically), and even to an extent the D-Backs and Astros. Plus it actually has a longer history with the team than the red cap. They have it right all around as far as their caps go, and everything else too.

The pinstripes are only the primary this year to honor their 50th Anniversary. I believe they switch back next year. And I, personally, prefer the Cardinals road caps with the gray uniforms much more than the red cap, if only for the reason that it separates them from the other red cap on road teams; Phillies, Angels, Reds (basically), and even to an extent the D-Backs and Astros. Plus it actually has a longer history with the team than the red cap. They have it right all around as far as their caps go, and everything else too.

no, i actually don't think that's true.

and also, gotham: weren't the pinstripes still primary in '09, but switched to alts in '10?

sig2024.png

It separates them from red cap on road teams, but they get lumped in with navy cap on road teams. The Cardinals are really aren't seperating themselves when there are six other teams with navy on the road.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

It separates them from red cap on road teams, but they get lumped in with navy cap on road teams. The Cardinals are really aren't seperating themselves when there are six other teams with navy on the road.

Then the historical aspect and the fact that the vast majority of Cardinals fans love the cap should suffice.

Props to Altuve wearing the Astros brick alt hat with the road jersey.

They wear that hat with the greys now. They have since mid-last season. They wear the black hat with the road brick alt. They still only have one batting helmet.

Officially, they wear the greys for road night games and the bricks for road day games, except when they clash with the home team. There have been 4-5 times they flipped that this year to break their luck. It didn't work.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

no, i actually don't think that's true.

and also, gotham: weren't the pinstripes still primary in '09, but switched to alts in '10?

I believe that the pinstripes were the "official" home uniform from 1962-2009 and again in 2012.

Of course, they seldom wore them between 1998 & this season.

so im going to be that guy and say it first, when does the mets 2013 all star game logo come out to the public? ^_^

I mocked this up a couple of years ago:

2013ASG.gif

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Archived