2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

AySu5U0CYAAPFvG.jpg

A lot of the players wore eye black that said 7-20 on it as well.

We remember? It was just the other day - how could you forget? Maybe wear these every 7/20 for the next few years, but it just stupid now. Maybe "in memory of the victims" or something would be more appropriate.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AySu5U0CYAAPFvG.jpg

We remember? It was just the other day - how could you forget? Maybe wear these every 7/20 for the next few years, but it just stupid now. Maybe "in memory of the victims" or something would be more appropriate.

Seriously? You're gonna bicker about their choice of wording, especially when it's still something tasteful, in the wake of a tragic mass murder in their area? It's the same sentiment. Stop being an @$$ and get over it.

Is it just me or are a lot of players going high socks today? I know for my hometown Dodgers, Tony Gwynn Jr usually goes stirrups for day games but watching MLB Tonight I have seen a lot more players wearing stirrups today and solid socks. Looks more aesthetically pleasing than everyone wearing pajama pants!!

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

Speaking of the Marlins, have they only worn their orange caps a few times this year?

Only two times in regular season, once in exhibition. A damn shame.

I completely forgot they had an orange cap, they need to wear it more often

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

Speaking of the Marlins, have they only worn their orange caps a few times this year?

completely agree... whether its with the white jerseys or the black... i would love to see with the orange jerseys too..

AySu5U0CYAAPFvG.jpg

When I first saw this, I thought "What is the significance of 7-20 to the White Sox?" Eventually I saw the purple, figured out it was the Rocks, and made the connection, but geesh... if that's not a sign that Colorado is in desperate need of a rebrand...

completely agree... whether its with the white jerseys or the black... i would love to see with the orange jerseys too..

No orange caps with the black jerseys. Caps should NEVER be a lighter color than the jerseys.

AySu5U0CYAAPFvG.jpg

When I first saw this, I thought "What is the significance of 7-20 to the White Sox?" Eventually I saw the purple, figured out it was the Rocks, and made the connection, but geesh... if that's not a sign that Colorado is in desperate need of a rebrand...

It's not. It's a sign that you have bad eyesight.

AySu5U0CYAAPFvG.jpg

Seriously? You're gonna bicker about their choice of wording, especially when it's still something tasteful, in the wake of a tragic mass murder in their area? It's the same sentiment. Stop being an @$ and get over it.

Get over yourself you rube. So because there was a tragic murder, we can't comment on a tribute that appears on a uniform on a forum where we critique uniforms? Should the rest of the thread be "gods bless the victims"? F that. All that stuff can go in the lounge (as it is.) On this forum, I'm going to comment on topics that have to do with logos and uniforms, and oh look - there's a change to a uniform.

I do think it's a poorly-worded tribute, and a very poorly-executed one as well. A tragic accident doesn't make anyone immune to criticism in a forum that specifically exists to critique these kinds of things. It would make a lot more sense to do a "we remember" tribute in the future. The word remember kind of implies that you're in the future already. What they're doing is simply "acknowledging" the incident, and I think that "support the victims", or "in memory of the victims", or something like that wold be more appropriate. Feel free to debate me based on my opinions, if you have the capacity to do so.

Oh - and to the poster who thought that this was a White Sox jersey - yeah, I agree that the purple is so minimal that it does look too close to the White Sox, which has been one of their issues since they came in to the league. Purple and pine would be so goddam perfect for this team. There have been a few good concepts (ironically enough, one by Mccall I think) that show how much better their color scheme could be.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

AySu5U0CYAAPFvG.jpg

Seriously? You're gonna bicker about their choice of wording, especially when it's still something tasteful, in the wake of a tragic mass murder in their area? It's the same sentiment. Stop being an @$ and get over it.

Get over yourself you rube. So because there was a tragic murder, we can't comment on a tribute that appears on a uniform on a forum where we critique uniforms? Should the rest of the thread be "gods bless the victims"? F that. All that stuff can go in the lounge (as it is.) On this forum, I'm going to comment on topics that have to do with logos and uniforms, and oh look - there's a change to a uniform.

I do think it's a poorly-worded tribute, and a very poorly-executed one as well. A tragic accident doesn't make anyone immune to criticism in a forum that specifically exists to critique these kinds of things. It would make a lot more sense to do a "we remember" tribute in the future. The word remember kind of implies that you're in the future already. What they're doing is simply "acknowledging" the incident, and I think that "support the victims", or "in memory of the victims", or something like that wold be more appropriate. Feel free to debate me based on my opinions, if you have the capacity to do so.

Oh - and to the poster who thought that this was a White Sox jersey - yeah, I agree that the purple is so minimal that it does look too close to the White Sox, which has been one of their issues since they came in to the league. Purple and pine would be so goddam perfect for this team. There have been a few good concepts (ironically enough, one by Mccall I think) that show how much better their color scheme could be.

Actually I want to thank you for posting. It really, truly shows what a self-centered, self-righteous, holier-than-thou, elitist person you really are. Yes we critique uniforms around here, but this is still a tastefully done, rather quick turnaround tribute to those killed, injured and the surrounding community that this team is a part of. There first thought was "we want to honor those lost and everyone involved?", not "what's the most aesthetically pleasing look for some jackasses on a sportslogo forum?". Have some f-ing class.

AySu5U0CYAAPFvG.jpg

Actually I want to thank you for posting. It really, truly shows what a self-centered, self-righteous, holier-than-thou, elitist person you really are. Yes we critique uniforms around here, but this is still a tastefully done, rather quick turnaround tribute to those killed, injured and the surrounding community that this team is a part of. There first thought was "we want to honor those lost and everyone involved?", not "what's the most aesthetically pleasing look for some jackasses on a sportslogo forum?". Have some f-ing class.

Since you obviously can't discuss sports logos and uniforms on a sports logos and uniforms board, perhaps you should limit yourself to the lounge. There was nothing classless about my opinion regarding the uniform. I stated my oposition and backed it up with my reasoning and suggestions to make it better. That's pretty much exactly what we do here. Your post couldn't be more off base. It's irrelevant what their thought was. This IS the place to discuss "what's the most aesthetically pleasing look for some jackasses on a sports logo forum." If you're not mature enough to see that, please stop posting in this forum. We discuss memorial patches all the time. This is no different.

If a mod feels that I've gone too far, please sanction me.

AySu5U0CYAAPFvG.jpg

It really is a shame. They have (had?) the opportunity to make purple their colour, but instead, they've gone the route the Marlins and used such colour to an absolute minimum, and have ended up looking like the White Sox in the process. Purple/black would have been so unique, and, more importantly, great-looking.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

AySu5U0CYAAPFvG.jpg

I look at that jersey and the first thing I notice is much double-outlines always suck. There is no reason for the loops of the "R"s and "B" to be filled in with silver, unless the intent is to make the words less legible.

Technically, that is white. The numbers and letters are silver with purple and white outlines. But I agree with you, and that is one of the things which greatly downgrades the White Sox' black alternates. Do other teams with double outlines have that problem? The only current one I can think of is the Angels.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived