Alternate uniforms that are better than the primaries

Lights Out

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All Minnesota teams' alternates are superior to their primary home uniforms.

Twins - '61 throwbacks

Vikings - throwbacks

Wild - green and wheat 3rd jersey

Wolves - black alternate, both now and during the KG era

With you on the first three completely, but no Timberwolves jersey is superior to another Timberwolves jersey. Each and every one has been bad.

Ahem to that.

Testify, DJ Kool!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

vancouverthird.jpg

Make a white version of this and bring the 40th anniversary jersey back as a third and for gods sakes never change anything again!

Couldn't agree more about the Flames, Stars and Ducks.

Dude you hate retro, therefore this must be really really good to sway you. I agree this is miles better than their home.

vancouverthird.jpg

Make a white version of this and bring the 40th anniversary jersey back as a third and for gods sakes never change anything again!

Dude you hate retro, therefore this must be really really good to sway you. I agree this is miles better than their home.

Agreed, that's an absolute beauty!

vancouverthird.jpg

Agreed, that's an absolute beauty!

+1. That's exactly what they need to do. Why it will never happen in real life? No one will ever know.

As much as I love the Phillies pinstripes, these cream alternates are even better. Some of the best looking uniforms in the game.

The Phillies have a legitimate claim to having TWO better white uniforms than most MLB teams' white unis.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

vancouverthird.jpg

I don't hate retro. There are good Retro designs and bad retro designs. This one is more of a modern take on retro. Works very well for Nucks.

Cream is the most hideous color in sports.

Agreed....the Indians opening day cream uni's were a disaster.

123White_Sox_Indians_Baseball.sff.mi_embedded.prod_affiliate.8.jpg

Slap a blue cap on those Indians unis and you have a tremendous looking uniform, one that probably could fit in this very thread as an alternate that's better than the primary.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

Slap a blue cap on those Indians unis and you have a tremendous looking uniform, one that probably could fit in this very thread as an alternate that's better than the primary.

No, you still have a crappy uniform which is far worse than their regular home uni, which is far worse than the 1994-2001 version, which was great. The Indians had the perfect uniforms in the late '90s and have slowly been chipping away since then.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

i disagree, i think the phillies alts look tremendous, even in cream.

cliff-lee.jpg

much agreed.

cliff.lee_baseball.jpg

21dh5qp.png

It's only silly to you because you're wrong. :P

Nah, I've got W3C, 400 hundred years of history and reality on my side. ;)

But back on topic, lots of Brewer fans consider these superior to the regular uniforms:

RHLxLBwB.jpg

Lot's of? I would almost dare to say MOST Brewers fans prefer it....

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived