Alternate uniforms that are better than the primaries

Lights Out

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't that yellow?

Though people call it athletic gold, yes. Those jerseys were the yellowish color the Packers, Steelers, Chiefs and Vikings use, not the goldish gold the 49ers and Saints use.

I repeat: </silly_debate>.

It's only silly to you because you're wrong. :P

But I believe the poster was asking for clarification because he/she thought the picture was off and you were saying the uniforms were vegas gold or "gold gold."

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I could've sworn the Rams wore gold in the early 00's, back when San Fransisco and New Orleans were experimenting with gold and Oakland and New England wore silver.

The Raiders never wore silver jerseys. They were sold as fashion jerseys, but never worn on the field.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Homer but

5989143.jpg

I love those uniforms.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

If memory serves, the Mets cream pinstripes that were introduced last year were alternates; since even cream pinstripes are better than their boring "snow whites," I'll go with them.

alg_davis_runs.jpg

And I'm probably in the minority, but I like the NY Rangers alternates more than their home blues.

450x362-alg_rangers_teammates.jpg

rockets_alternate_jersey.jpg

I don't hate the current Rockets' identity, but why they didn't go with yellow-gold instead of silver is beyond me.

I'm a big Rockets fan and have had season tix for the past five years and couldn't agree more. They've backed off the silver since they made their uni switch in 2003. For the first few years in the Toyota Center, their warm ups and shooting shirts were grey and they even went as far as painting half of the free throw circle gray. Since 2006, they've made a huge push to market "RED" everywhere. While that includes fading away from the gray, it also means much less gold, except when they wear this set.

I really like the "McDonald's" set. I didn't care for it initially when viewed as online as an illustrator image, but in person (and on TV) I think it looks great.

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned this yet...

NewColorado.gif

Because its actually worse than their current home and road.

Whoda thought that was possible.

truth. the entire set is the perfect descriptor of the avs play since the nhl went edge. i had been hoping that the avs would ditch the entire look and return to what they had before (you know when we were, um, WINNING) but it looks like nobody in the organ-i-zation or ownership really cares about that. makes me glad to be a fan 1000 miles away.

this one is far superior:

2039899160100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

This is a controversial set, but I think these are so much better than the primaries.

carson-palmer-si.jpg

You beat me to it! Best combination they have right now. And like someone said earlier, the white side panel needs to go, on this one and the black one.

This is actually one of the few "different colored " side panels I don't mind. Many times, the white of a Bengal extends halfway up its side.

Look at this little feller:

Tiger_panthera_tigris_tigris_Bengal.jpg

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

Archived