2011 NHL Playoffs

NEW.ERA

Watching NHL on the Fly immediately after the loss, they cut to the interview with I believe Cleary who discussed the win as the Coyotes saluted the dozens of 'yote fans they showed weeping in the stadium. One of the guys on the broadcast tore up Phoenix fans and said something to the effect of "I don't know why Phoenix fans have any right to cry when this is the one game of the year they decided to buy tickets." Pretty harsh.

The analyst was Kelly Chase, and they really were some rough remarks. To boil it down he basically railed on the people there who do buy tickets and not the people who stay home, as if the fans who show up have some responsibility to buy the remaining empty seats for each home game. Maybe Chase took one too many shots to the head in his playing days and its affecting his reasoning now.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm no Coyotes fan, but at least they are making the playoffs at a 50% rate. I think that should earn them some respect.

Their management has done a pretty decent job over the last few years. I'll give Tippet and company a little respect.

A guy on local sports talk here in Chicago has heard much-a-rumor that the Canucks went out around town on Monday night and were nursing hangovers for much of the game and thusly gave far less than 100%, plus there's a lot of stupid whisperings that there may indeed have been a "throwing" of the game. These guys are really, really reaching.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'm no Coyotes fan, but at least they are making the playoffs at a 50% rate. I think that should earn them some respect.

Not when over half the league makes the playoffs.

But it's still a sign of at least a decent franchise that tries. Making the playoffs half the time (i.e., being an average to above-average team half the time, more or less) shows that they've fielded somewhat competitive and competent teams on a regular basis. I'll admit that I don't follow the NHL very closely, so you might know something that I don't.

Well, from 1996-2002 when they made it five out of six years, that was roughly when they had Roenick, Tkachuk, Khabibulin, Numminen, so it was at least a pretty average club. 2002-2009, they were a total mess and finished close to the bottom every year. Then the last two years, they magically got good when the league was trying to make sure someone would buy them with tax dollars. An 0-6 playoff series record from 1996-2010 isn't that impressive when you consider that in that span, most other teams have won playoff rounds and Stanley Cups.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The futility dates back into their first stint in Winnipeg. Overall the franchise has lost 13 straight playoff series.

Yeah the Winnipeg Jets reached the second round of the playoffs twice (1985 and 1987) and were swept both times by the Oilers.

So this franchise has never won a playoff game past the first round of the playoffs!!!

The only franchises (out of the current 30) that have done less then this franchise is Nashville, Atlanta, and Columbus. And those franchises were born in 1998, 1999, and 2000 respectively. The Jets/Coyotes franchise was born in 1979.

Heres the list of how far the franchises have gone in terms of post season.

Won Cup

Montreal 24

Toronto 13

Detroit 11

Boston/Edmonton 5

Chicago/Rangers/Islanders 4

New Jersey/Pittsburgh 3

Philadelphia/Colorado 2

Calgary/Anaheim/Dallas/Carolina/Tampa Bay 1

Went to Finals but never won

St.Louis 3

Buffalo/Vancouver 2

Los Angeles/Ottawa/Washington/Florida 1

Went to Conference Finals but never reached Stanley Cup Finals

San Jose 2

Minnesota 1

Reached Quarter Finals but not Conference Finals

Phoenix (as Winnipeg Jets) 2 (The Coyotes have yet to win a playoff series. They are 0-7)

Never won a playoff round

Nashville 0-5

Atlanta/Columbus 0-1

The Catch of the Day!

The Sharks need to remember 3 years ago. In Game 3 they blew a 3-0 lead to the Flames and were down 2-1 in the series. Everybody seemingly thought it was over, but the Sharks won it with 15 seconds left in Game 4.(Of course it helped that the Flames had like 15 shots the whole game) The Sharks need to know that this series is far from over.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Went to Conference Finals but never reached Stanley Cup Finals

Minnesota 1

Incorrect. Minnesota lost to Pittsburgh in 6 games in the '90-'91 Stanley Cup Finals.

That was the Minnesota North Stars, who moved to Dallas.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

The Sharks need to remember 3 years ago. In Game 3 they blew a 3-0 lead to the Flames and were down 2-1 in the series. Everybody seemingly thought it was over, but the Sharks won it with 15 seconds left in Game 4.(Of course it helped that the Flames had like 15 shots the whole game) The Sharks need to know that this series is far from over.

I was at that game too, something about me and the Sharks.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

What a lame call on Bergeron for that "hook" in which the Canadiens score on the ensuing powerplay. Hoping this doesn't dictate the direction of the game.

Chara still sucks donkey balls, by the way. How the hell did he win a Norris Trophy?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

WTF is with Vancouver?

Did Dustin Byfuglien mysteriously return?

Bobby Lu came down to earth me thinks.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Between games 3 and 4, the canuck roster got to watching previews for The Heritage, I think they have the itch to play a few holes.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Incorrect. Minnesota lost to Pittsburgh in 6 games in the '90-'91 Stanley Cup Finals.

I was referring to the Minnesota Wild franchise. The Minnesota North Stars franchise is now Dallas.

They are different franchises.

Still incorrect. Minnesota Wild have never advanced past the Conference Quarterfinals.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived