2011 NHL Playoffs

NEW.ERA

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy time! Pitts is gone. Wont have to deal with that circus this year. Tampa will be tough and it should be a great series. As DC said, bring it.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I got to say, Im not even pissed about this, extremely disappointed, sure. This series was set right there in front of the Pens to take and they couldnt, and I put a good deal of that on the absolute miserable powerplay. There were several points this season where the Pens could have rolled over and died but they didnt, they hung in and fought for the second best season in franchise history with, at points, a seriously depleted roster. Given the circumstances I think they did a helluva job, and I look forward to starting this whole thing over in five months.

Finally, congrats Tampa on the win, now its time to step up and get four more.

Dr. Seuss is working on a new book called "Horton wins a series".

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Pens fans have nothing to be ashamed of. Their team accomplished a great deal in the 2nd half of this year and the playoffs. Kudos to them.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Philly/Boston schedule:

1 @PHI = SAT 3:00 NBC

2 @PHI = MON 7:30 VERSUS

3 @BOS = WED 7:00 VERSUS

4 @BOS = FRI 8:00

5 @PHI = SUN 5/8 3:00 NBC

6 @BOS = TUE 5/10 TBD

7 @PHI = THU 5/12 TBD

Boston deserved to win. They made some nice acquisitions before the playoffs. The Habs, on the other hand, lost some key players for the entire year and the ones that weren't injured failed to capitalize on oppurtunities after oppurtunities after oppurtunities. That's what upsets me the most. And it's for that reason why even though they played their heart out, it still feels like they suck.

I wouldn't even be surprise to see the Bruins win the Cup this year. Their core is strong on most ends and let's not forget Tim Thomas. He's 36 years old so it may be now or never for him if he wants a Cup.

Why do people congratulate the other team's fans on a win? The fans being congratulated didn't do anything during the game except watch it, scratch their balls, eat chips, and post every little thing that happened on here.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This post is strictly to toot my own horn. This is what I tweeted before the playoffs began:

RT @seanofunionblue: 1st round picks: Caps, Flyers, Bruins, Lightning, Canucks, Predators, Sharks, Wings. I also predict ESPN will almost completely ignore it.

I think I went 9 for 9 there.

PvO6ZWJ.png

This post is strictly to toot my own horn. This is what I tweeted before the playoffs began:

RT @seanofunionblue: 1st round picks: Caps, Flyers, Bruins, Lightning, Canucks, Predators, Sharks, Wings. I also predict ESPN will almost completely ignore it.

I think I went 9 for 9 there.

8 for 8. We all knew about ESPN, doesn't count. :P

So, I apologize for flooding this thread with nothing but my feelings of lack of confidence in the Boston Bruins.

I really hate that we have to apologize for this. Fans get passionate and worked up and say brash things. Just part of the deal. Apparently unless you're coolheaded and have no opinion, rash or not, you're a terrible fan and must apologize to the thread readers.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Why do people congratulate the other team's fans on a win? The fans being congratulated didn't do anything during the game except watch it, scratch their balls, eat chips, and post every little thing that happened on here.

Tell me about it. My inlaws are Packers fans living in Chicago. They all started talking trash to everyone on facebook before the NFC Championship. My mother-in-law did so despite the fact that she thought Brett Favre was still the Packers' QB and couldn't tell what a line of scrimmage was. I am not one to talk trash, so I just rolled my eyes and moved along. I then got bitched out by the whole family afterwards because I was expected to call my father-in-law and congratulate HIM on rooting for a team that won.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Here's now I did so far in first round predictions...

#1 Washington over #8 NY Rangers in 6: Almost got that one right. They won in 5, not in 6.

#7 Buffalo over #2 Philadelphia in 7: Series did reach 7 games but I picked the wrong team to win.

#6 Montreal over #3 Boston in 7: Habs lose, enough said. :(

#5 Tampa Bay over #4 Pittsburgh in 7: Got that one exactly right.

#1 Vancouver over #8 Chicago in 4: Would of got that one right until the Cancuks faced a choking hazard.

#7 Los Angeles over #2 San Jose in 6: Right numbers of games, wrong team again.

#3 Detroit over #6 Phoenix in 5: I thought Bryzgalov would steal them at least one game.

#5 Nashville over #4 Anaheim in 7: They won but in 6, not 7.

I think you are reading too much into it. When someone does that, they are basically saying "I'm happy for you that the team you root for, won." It's like congratulating someone on winning a prize or winning the lottery. Sure they didn't do much to earn it, but you still say it. Think of the congratulations as meaning "I'm happy for you" rather than "you really earned that."

And you know, there is a reason that players call the crowd the 6th man (or whatever is applicable to whatever sport one is talking about). I believe that fans do make a difference in terms of how well the home team plays.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Archived