Unused Bills Logo

When new Bills unis were leaked in 2002, this logo was supposed to be on the shoulder and pants... I sent that graphic to Buffalo's WGR-AM whose hosts created such an uproar the Bills ditched their "new" secondary logo.

Yep - like this (from the official Style Guide):

BuffaloBills_PropUNI1_2002_SOL.png

Wish the radio hosts in Tampa Bay hated the new Bolts logo enough to create an uproar to prevent it from being used. And that Bills logo is 10 times better than the new Lightning logo.

I think it's a decent logo, would have looked nice on the unis.

2ly2w09.jpg

When new Bills unis were leaked in 2002, this logo was supposed to be on the shoulder and pants... I sent that graphic to Buffalo's WGR-AM whose hosts created such an uproar the Bills ditched their "new" secondary logo.

Yep - like this (from the official Style Guide):

BuffaloBills_PropUNI1_2002_SOL.png

The unused logo is the only good part about this identity including the primary logo on the helmets. Why does the buffalo need the red streak from tron anyways?

I always understood the red streak to be a nod the native american way of depicting animals. I know this isn't the best example, and my reasoning could be completely off, but I have seen many Native American artifacts depicting animals with a line going down into their bodies.

lucy_joe_acoma_pot.jpg

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

I usually make it out to around four of five Bills games per year, and I swear I've seen a couple fans wearing merchandise with this logo on it (mainly caps). I'm not sure if it was ever sold or how they acquired it. Next time I see a random fan wearing it, I'll try to snap a picture.

"I must be butter, because I'm on a roll."

Turn Two Design // Facebook

Wish the radio hosts in Tampa Bay hated the new Bolts logo enough to create an uproar to prevent it from being used. And that Bills logo is 10 times better than the new Lightning logo.

I think it's a decent logo, would have looked nice on the unis.

Yeah I think it actually looks pretty nice on the uniforms... I mean those things suck, so it's not like you'd be messing with Michaelangelo's David or anything like that.

90758391980.gif

Why does the buffalo need the red streak from tron anyways?

After the back-to-back AFL championships in '64 and '65, the BILLS took a quick spiral downward and were a bottom club for the next 6-7 years. Trading Lamonica to Oakland in '67 was the most stupid thing they had ever done. During that span they were especially horrid on the road.

In 1973, the first season of the blue road pants, the BILLS finally had a winning record at 9-7, won their last 4 games after a midseason slump and just missed the playoffs. OJ got his 2003 seasonal yards in the finale at Shea Stadium against the JETS.

That offseason I remember when the logo change occurred it was stated that 'Buffalo was no longer standing still'. I don't remember ever hearing a reason for adding the red streak to the new logo but at that time the whole concept of that logo was a popular change.

As far as that BILLS unused logo, it was the same situation as San Fran's unused logo .. the fans saw it and raised hell and it was shelved.

san-francisco-49ers-unused-logo-2-primary.jpg

I've always thought it was just a laser streak or something.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

After the back-to-back AFL championships in '64 and '65, the BILLS took a quick spiral downward and were a bottom club for the next 6-7 years. Trading Lamonica to Oakland in '67 was the most stupid thing they had ever done. During that span they were especially horrid on the road.

In 1973, the first season of the blue road pants, the BILLS finally had a winning record at 9-7, won their last 4 games after a midseason slump and just missed the playoffs. OJ got his 2003 seasonal yards in the finale at Shea Stadium against the JETS.

That offseason I remember when the logo change occurred it was stated that 'Buffalo was no longer standing still'. I don't remember ever hearing a reason for adding the red streak to the new logo but at that time the whole concept of that logo was a popular change.

As far as that BILLS unused logo, it was the same situation as San Fran's unused logo .. the fans saw it and raised hell and it was shelved.

As a 49ers fan I've often wondered that did the 49ers unveiled the whole set or just the helmet.

As a 49ers fan I've often wondered that did the 49ers unveiled the whole set or just the helmet.

Just the helmet. It appeared on the desk during a press conference where they announced new ownership, I think.

bSLCtu2.png

Just the helmet. It appeared on the desk during a press conference where they announced new ownership, I think.

Cool thank old school and I remembered the press conference and I didn't think my Niners was actually going to that LOL.

As for the Bills I kinda like it not as the main logo but as an alt and I have a feeling that they're going back to the 70s looks full time!

Archived