2011 NBA Playoffs

Rockstar Matt

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Heat are done. There's no way they take more than 1 in Dallas.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Same team took two games in CHI.

That's cool and all, but Chicago isn't Dallas.

That comeback may just be enough to spark something big for the Mavs - home court is going to be huge for them. I hope I'm right when I think Dallas will keep on winning at home.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

That comeback may just be enough to spark something big for the Mavs - home court is going to be huge for them. I hope I'm right when I think Dallas will keep on winning at home.

and Brendan Haywood left with a hip injury which the severity will not be determined until tomorrow at the earliest.

and Brendan Haywood left with a hip injury which the severity will not be determined until tomorrow at the earliest.

Jesus...for a guy who has DFW in his screen name you seem to look for the negative about Metroplex teams. I'm not even sure who you pull for.

newsig.jpg

You're implying Dallas will be in trouble based on the status of Brendan Haywood? I'd understand if this were Dirk or Jason Kidd we were talking about here, but Brendan Haywood??

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

This could destroy Miami's psyche and had a swep in Dallas to a 4-1 Mavs coronation :cursing:

Tap, no slam on the brakes. 48 hours to make adjustments into game 3.

They lost a big lead, but this team is not going to be "destroyed" as it seemed like D-Rose proclaimed after ECF game 4

Same thing occurred to DAL against POR.

Marion was great tonight.

We don't know, specially if Lebron returns to his "King" mode, a mode where he HAS the ball ALL the time, spending time and shooting nothing (or a desperate shot).

Dallas has now the boost of that miracle comeback, the boost of their people, the boost to have the next three games at home. I think, only one or two miracle games (or dominate games from the begining to the end) of Miami could even Dallas' boost

Miami just don't seem to be able to shake this 4th quarter thing. They looked awful down the stretch. They did get the ball to Chalmers for one open 3, but other than that they seemed to be taking far too many bad shots.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

#1 - Wow. Wow! WOW! Just when you think the Mavs wouldn't find a way to top their epic comeback in OKC, they do this in Miami. Unbelievable, and another case of "Don't turn off the TV during a game." I'm not gonna say that this series is over (that's ridiculous, and if the Heat had held on, most of you would be saying that the Heat would go to Dallas and end the series there. Just let a freaking series play out for a change, jeez.), but it's gonna be exciting. These aren't the Mavs of old, they aren't just gonna roll over & die.

That being said, I think the Heat can bounce back from this. They've definitely got the guns to do it, and it's not like this is a team that can barely win on the road during the playoffs, either. Except for the last 5 minutes of Game 2, the Heat basically did everything you need to do to have a 2-0 lead going into the 3 game Finals road trip, and looked scary as hell while doing so. Like this isn't the Mavs team of old, this isn't the Heat team that struggled to "find themselves" early in the regular season. It's down to a 5 game series now, and it's gonna be intriguing as hell. These next 3 games in Dallas are gonna be absolutely bonkers.

#2 - The Knicks are amazing. They've denied that Isiah's going to be GM, but come on. He's gonna be calling the shots, somehow, someway. It's the Dolan Regime, they will find some way to get Isiah in a position of power without it being formally known. Hell, I think they've already done it since they made him "consultant" back in preseason. The split probably wasn't mutual either. Either way, just when you think the Knicks are finally back on the right track, they do some :censored: like this.

Jesus...for a guy who has DFW in his screen name you seem to look for the negative about Metroplex teams. I'm not even sure who you pull for.

While I spend seven years in the Metroplex and had Cowboys season tickets for six of the seven, "D" is the first letter of my given name. While The Musers are better morning show, Lebatard is more entertaining than The Hardline (or Greggo or Grandpa Galloway) in afternoons

You're implying Dallas will be in trouble based on the status of Brendan Haywood? I'd understand if this were Dirk or Jason Kidd we were talking about here, but Brendan Haywood??

Game 1: MIA shot 38%, the lowest FG% in which they shot this season against a team with a winning record and still won the game.

Game 2: With four minutes left, Chandler had five fouls and no backup but for Brian Cardinal yet they did not try to draw number six as they took 30 shots from 3. Haywood's minutes are also key as when Chandler is on the bench, he and Marion (if on the floor) are their main defensive rebounders.

I see it as a combination of point differential and starter's +/-. Since DAL has their better scorers (Terry, JJ, Peja) on the bench to start the 1st and 3rd, then MIA is essentially a better team, offensively and defensively, for one quarter.

Archived