2011-12 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

jhans203

Paging CWx...

Do the Mavericks use the same two shades of blue as the Cowboys? Sorry if this has been asked before.

DallasCowboys_FRC_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

DallasMavericks_FRC_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

The Navys are the same, but that's about it. Even the Silvers are different.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is there any news how the wizards court will look like?

Not that I know of.

But, the Mystics court is blue along the sidelines/baselines, with the "paint" painted red. There is also no two-toned woodstain to be found.

I would be happy if the Wiz court ends up looking something like that, too.

Yeah, thats the Mystics court.

mysticscourt0511b.JPG?uuid=MySERII_EeCUB9pYzQeqDA

I kinda like it.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

I thought they were switching to a darker blue?

They are, look at my comparison on the last page.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Something that I've noticed (I don't know why it took me this long) about the new Wizards identity is how disjointed their logos are. The primary is a Wizard, the alternate is the 70s/80s hand reaching for a ball, and the newly designed "modern" alternate is the Washington Monument.

I think it is fair to say that they have the three most disjointed concurrently used logos by any NBA team, maybe even any team in NBA history.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I thought they were switching to a darker blue?

They are, look at my comparison on the last page.

Good job, but it only tells part of the story...

Here's the deal: the Knicks - since the 1992-1993 season - has designated one shade of Blue for the logos, and a separate darker one for the uniforms. Here are the two colors side-by-side:

NewYorkKnicksLogoBlue_2011_SCC_SRGB.png <---> NewYorkKnicksUniformBlue_2011_SCC_SRGB.png

The fabric/textile match was this:

NewYorkKnicksBlue_2011_TXC_SRGB.png

Now, with the new color, they can use one color for both the logos and uniforms:

NewYorkKnicksBlue_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

This color will also match to the previously used textile color:

NewYorkKnicksBlue_2011_TXC_SRGB.png

Bottom line is, the Blue has been standardized, and the uniform color won't change.

All the new Knicks logos except the ball logo are on the mothership now. Oversight?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

The NBA draft hats.. I do not likehttp://f.e.champssports.com/i/45/2087424284/0622_main1.jpg
I don't like the lack of distinguishability between them. If you look in the NBA Store, all the blue ones look alike, and there are lots of them. Then all the red ones are basically the same, just with a different logo.

Wow, you're right. I practically have to squint to notice that there's even a logo on those hats, nevertheless what team it is (considering, you know, most teams have some blue or red). The Lakers hat is near blinding--isn't there some way they could have incorporated secondary colors aside of the brim, underside and top button (and I can barely notice THOSE are there)? I find it strange how the Wizards are the only team to have their secondary color in the actual logo.

Archived