Historically Inspired Baseball Jerseys

Waffles

In honor of my 500th post, here are two Minor League Baseball jerseys I've been toying around with. These are somewhat semi-serious projects in that I put a considerable amount of effort into them, but I really don't see them going anywhere. As the title of the thread indicates, their names are historically inspired...

First, the Manhattan Project (the logo on the patch and at the bottom is the logo for the original Manhattan Project):

manpro.gif

The Boston Tea Party:

btp.gif

Questions, comments, complaints and compliments are appreciated.

Very nice looking logos and jerseys, it's obvious that you put quite a bit of work into these, but I do have one small thing to say. The whole Manhattan project was about creating a nuclear weapon. It's a touchy issue, especially since the products of the Manhattan project were used to level two entire cities in a matter of seconds. Great jerseys, but not so great a name I think.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Haha, great stuff. One of my friends and I were bored in English class today and we got to talking about the Nets maybe moving to Brooklyn. Something was said jokingly about naming them the New York Apples, and we got on a roll naming teams like the Florida Oranges, Georgia Peaches, Texas Jalapenos, Idaho Potatoes, North Carolina Tobacco, and Arizona Cactuses (grammatically incorrect on purpose).

*expects RC to chime in with Toronto Corn uniform any second*

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Like usual, great logos and uniforms. Just awesome stuff, I especially like the Tea Party logo, very cool.

The one thing I don't like is when there are more than one sleeve logo on a jersey. Get rid of the left side MLB logo and replace it with the Manhattan Project or Tea Party logo and you have a winner.

Great job United Waffles.

Wow, thats a sweet freekin set there UW!!

Im loving both logos like they're the antidote.

The Tea Party logo especially. Really well thought out, and executed.

Way to up the ante for the cerimonial posts, jerk :P

Awesome, as usual.

Great work! My only complaint is the old singular-noun team name problem thingy. Its a little too XFL.

Might I offer a quick solution:

Manhattan Projectxx

Boston T-Partyxx.

There, now its much less XFL and much more WNBA. :D

Yeah do that.  Do exactly THAT

I like it.. very cool. Great names!

The tea party logo is 100% killer, man.... thats wicked professional!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Nice work--it may fit in with a thread not too long ago that inspired the New Jersey Jerseys contest--but with an historical twist--

And how about (I don't think I saw this above)---

The Louisiana Purchase (they'll buy the championship!)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Nice work--it may fit in with a thread not too long ago that inspired the New Jersey Jerseys contest--but with an historical twist--

And how about (I don't think I saw this above)---

The Louisiana Purchase (they'll buy the championship!)

That's a great one! I was also thinking of doing the Stockholm (Minnesota) Syndrome.

Thanks for the great comments, everyone!

Archived