Jerseys fouls

charger77

i got 4 or 5 personalized starter replicas hockey jerseys with my last name and number. in fact all my jerseys are replicas and i wear them in public and at hockey games if i go to them. Do i care what the fashionista's here on the boards think? no. Do i care what Coast2coastam2006 thinks of me wearing a non-authentic, personalized jersey? no. I bought the jersey, I put whatever I want on it.

Well said. The only thing that is "douchery" are the ones that judge others for what they are wearing.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking about getting a jersey that says DeFRANK with the number 7, 44, or another (any thoughts?). Am I a uniform douche? No.

Out of respect to team history, I would advise you to not use 7, 44, or any other number that is essentially retired. If the current players aren't allowed to put their name on it, you probably shouldn't either. But, it's your jersey, so do whatever you please.

spacer.png

The last thing in the world I would concern myself with is what someone else thinks about the name on some jersey I'm wearing.

That's exactly why I've got a Nate Kaeding jersey. I've heard almost every joke you could think up but I just don't care. I wanted something unique and who else wears a kicker's jersey?

When he was with the Patriots, Adam Vinatieri jerseys were very popular. I still see the occasional one being worn around here.

I don't know if there were any Colts Vinatieri jerseys made.

As you can see in my link, they certainly make Stephen Gostkowski jerseys too.

http://proshop.patriots.com/p/gostkowski-equipment-replica-jersey/pid/10969/sdid/106/pdid/0/

ive seen them in the Indy pro shop

i wouldnt be surprised to see a lot of P Pat McAafee jerseys this year. hes by far the most entertaining guy i follow on twitter and is becoming a fan favorite quickly. fans voted for his picture to replace Sanders' on the outside of the stadium, but they're not doing that now.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I've always considered a personalized Titans jersey. :censored: I got a VY jersey and never thought he'd be gone, but he is. Now I have a Chris Johnson jersey so hopefully he'll stay.

It sucks though, my favorite number is 9 and I would get a jersey with that, but ever since the death of Steve McNair I just wouldn't feel right getting one with my name and his number.

The more obscure the player, the better. Last Red Sox game I went to, I saw a spring training Hee Seop Choi jersey. HEE SEOP MOTHER :censored: CHOI. At one point in time, somebody paid full price for a Hee Seop Choi Red Sox jersey.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

As with anything in life, you are absolutely free to wear anything you damn well please...

...and we are absolutely free to make fun of you and laugh our balls off at your expense.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I see no problem with buying a personalized jersey. In my opinion it is a much smarter investment than buying a player's jersey. Think about it, I bet every Cavs fan out there would rather have a jersey with their own name on it instead of LeBron's. I'm a huge Eagles fan and I'm very happy that I never bought a T.O. jersey because I would never wear it now. A jersey with your name on it can be worn forever. Players leave teams on bad terms all the time and can basically mean your expensive purchase isn't very "wearable" anymore.

With that being said, I don't think all jerseys SHOULD be customized. I don't really see the need to customize NHL or MLB jerseys. If you're a fan of the team, you can get a blank jersey and call it a day. That's not really an option for NFL or NBA jerseys. The numbers are such a big part of the jerseys that without them it would look dumb. I have tons of jerseys but I have never bought a customized jersey simply because I wouldn't know what number to put. I think I'd probably go with "00" or something just so that at a glance, I wouldn't be confused with some obscure player. As mentioned by others, I'd much rather actually have an obscure player's jersey.

I know it isn't up to me to decide what others wear but there are a few things that make me question people's choices.

Here are my thoughts on a few topics previously mentioned in this thread...

-No knockoffs! They look terrible! If you're a fan of the team, support them!

-Don't tuck in. Unless you're playing the sport, it looks goofy.

-Shirts underneath shouldn't clash with the jersey. Colours that match team colours are ideal, and a plain shirt that won't show any designs through the jersey is a smart choice too.

-The number 69 on a personalized jersey makes me question your intelligence level and what you think is funny. If you're a lineman and that's actually your number, that's perfectly fine. I wouldn't mess with Jared Allen haha

-If the player never wore that jersey, don't get his name personalized on it. While watching a Kings game, I saw a guy with current Kings alt. that had Gretzky 99 on the back. **Exception: Fashion jerseys are acceptable. A lot of the "Rewind" swingman jerseys Nike put out are pretty sharp.

-Don't splice two jerseys together, ESPECIALLY two different teams. I was at an Eagles-Saints game in Philly and saw a woman with a half white and pink McNabb Eagles jersey, and half Navy Urlacher Bears jersey. I didn't know what to think. This leads me to my next point.

-I don't understand why people wear a jersey with a team that is in no way related to the game at hand. Wearing a Crosby Penguins jersey to a Oilers-Flames game confuses me a little. If you don't like either team, wear street clothes. There are exceptions to this as well. A team Canada Luongo jersey to a Canucks game makes sense. A Falcons Vick jersey to an Eagles game makes sense. At least those have ties to the game.

-If you're going to get an actual player's jersey, don't get his nickname on the back. My buddy got a Leafs Curtis Joseph jersey a long time ago as a gift from his aunt and it said "CUJO" on the back. He would have much rather had an actual jersey.

-A jersey and a hat that are two different teams worn together is fine by me. I think something like a Chiefs jersey and an old-school Atlanta Hawks hat can look pretty sharp together.

-My last and what I feel is the most important point is: TAKE CARE OF YOUR JERSEYS! I don't buy screen-printed jerseys but I can undersand why people would for the price. Please don't put them in the dryer and wear them around with cracked and peeling numbers. If you take good care of your jerseys, you will look much better wearing them.

I see no problem with buying a personalized jersey. In my opinion it is a much smarter investment than buying a player's jersey. Think about it, I bet every Cavs fan out there would rather have a jersey with their own name on it instead of LeBron's. I'm a huge Eagles fan and I'm very happy that I never bought a T.O. jersey because I would never wear it now. A jersey with your name on it can be worn forever. Players leave teams on bad terms all the time and can basically mean your expensive purchase isn't very "wearable" anymore.

With that being said, I don't think all jerseys SHOULD be customized. I don't really see the need to customize NHL or MLB jerseys. If you're a fan of the team, you can get a blank jersey and call it a day. That's not really an option for NFL or NBA jerseys. The numbers are such a big part of the jerseys that without them it would look dumb. I have tons of jerseys but I have never bought a customized jersey simply because I wouldn't know what number to put. I think I'd probably go with "00" or something just so that at a glance, I wouldn't be confused with some obscure player. As mentioned by others, I'd much rather actually have an obscure player's jersey.

I know it isn't up to me to decide what others wear but there are a few things that make me question people's choices.

Here are my thoughts on a few topics previously mentioned in this thread...

-No knockoffs! They look terrible! If you're a fan of the team, support them!

-Don't tuck in. Unless you're playing the sport, it looks goofy.

-Shirts underneath shouldn't clash with the jersey. Colours that match team colours are ideal, and a plain shirt that won't show any designs through the jersey is a smart choice too.

-The number 69 on a personalized jersey makes me question your intelligence level and what you think is funny. If you're a lineman and that's actually your number, that's perfectly fine. I wouldn't mess with Jared Allen haha

-If the player never wore that jersey, don't get his name personalized on it. While watching a Kings game, I saw a guy with current Kings alt. that had Gretzky 99 on the back. **Exception: Fashion jerseys are acceptable. A lot of the "Rewind" swingman jerseys Nike put out are pretty sharp.

-Don't splice two jerseys together, ESPECIALLY two different teams. I was at an Eagles-Saints game in Philly and saw a woman with a half white and pink McNabb Eagles jersey, and half Navy Urlacher Bears jersey. I didn't know what to think. This leads me to my next point.

-I don't understand why people wear a jersey with a team that is in no way related to the game at hand. Wearing a Crosby Penguins jersey to a Oilers-Flames game confuses me a little. If you don't like either team, wear street clothes. There are exceptions to this as well. A team Canada Luongo jersey to a Canucks game makes sense. A Falcons Vick jersey to an Eagles game makes sense. At least those have ties to the game.

-If you're going to get an actual player's jersey, don't get his nickname on the back. My buddy got a Leafs Curtis Joseph jersey a long time ago as a gift from his aunt and it said "CUJO" on the back. He would have much rather had an actual jersey.

-A jersey and a hat that are two different teams worn together is fine by me. I think something like a Chiefs jersey and an old-school Atlanta Hawks hat can look pretty sharp together.

-My last and what I feel is the most important point is: TAKE CARE OF YOUR JERSEYS! I don't buy screen-printed jerseys but I can undersand why people would for the price. Please don't put them in the dryer and wear them around with cracked and peeling numbers. If you take good care of your jerseys, you will look much better wearing them.

Perfectly stated!

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

I buy jerseys to support teams and players I like. Players leave, I get new jerseys. I guess I feel that a personalized jersey is lame, because it seems like you're pretending to be on the team.

If you do it, meh. I'm not going to say anything, but I'll still think it looks stupid.

Also, I'm a big fan of jerseys of players that aren't overly popular.

spikes.jpg

I buy jerseys to support teams and players I like. Players leave, I get new jerseys. I guess I feel that a personalized jersey is lame, because it seems like you're pretending to be on the team.

If you do it, meh. I'm not going to say anything, but I'll still think it looks stupid.

Also, I'm a big fan of jerseys of players that aren't overly popular.

I get much love for my Chris Terreri jersey...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I buy jerseys to support teams and players I like. Players leave, I get new jerseys.

At $300 per jersey, that can get out of hand. Trust me, I'm a Browns fan and because of poor drafting and FA signing, I have follow authentic uni's: Couch, Holcomb, Garcia, Winslow, Edwards, and 60th Anniversary Frye (that's my profile pick). That right there is about $1,800 down the drain. Thankfully I also have timeless ones such as Kosar, 25th Anniversary Metcalf, Cribbs, and long-sleeve Jim Brown jerseys.

So that being said, it would've been a lot more smarter of me to have just dished out the original $300 for a personalized jersey.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

The last thing in the world I would concern myself with is what someone else thinks about the name on some jersey I'm wearing. A few years ago my girlfriend bought me a customized NY Rangers jersey with the number 41 and my name on the back. She knows pretty much nothing about sports. The fact that she went to all the trouble of buying it and having it customized means a lot to me. She got it for me because she thought I would like it. So my question is this; am I supposed to tell her that I won't wear the jersey just because people like -Dan and a few others around here think it's "douchey?" Yeah, I didn't think so.

Wear whatever you want. :censored: anyone who doesn't like it. In my humble opinion, nothing is more pathetic than letting what others might think dictate what you wear. For those of you who concern yourselves with such matters, my advice is you grow a set and try living on your terms instead of the terms set by this forum or the opinions of "other people."

Bingo.

A few years ago, someone had broken into my friend's house and stolen some of her more prized possessions...including her hockey jerseys. So that Christmas, I got her a Thrashers jersey with her name on it. She loves it because it was something she wasn't expecting, and something that has a lot more meaning than having some random player's name/number on there.

That's what it's all about.

It's interesting from a UK perspective! On a soccer shirt most adults wouldn't get any form of name or number. I guess in the US the number is such a big part of the jersey in most sports.

Well, soccer shirts are pretty much like t-shirts, so they don't look so empty.

Basketball and football jerseys look so out of the ordinary when they're without names and numbers....especially since football jerseys rarely have team names or logos on the front or back.

Having names/numbers on baseball jerseys isn't as much of a need, as they both have crests that better complete the jersey.

I buy jerseys to support teams and players I like. Players leave, I get new jerseys.

At $300 per jersey, that can get out of hand. Trust me, I'm a Browns fan and because of poor drafting and FA signing, I have follow authentic uni's: Couch, Holcomb, Garcia, Winslow, Edwards, and 60th Anniversary Frye (that's my profile pick). That right there is about $1,800 down the drain. Thankfully I also have timeless ones such as Kosar, 25th Anniversary Metcalf, Cribbs, and long-sleeve Jim Brown jerseys.

So that being said, it would've been a lot more smarter of me to have just dished out the original $300 for a personalized jersey.

And then you get the full effect of the jersey (as Name/Numbers is part of the design element) and you never have to worry about trades/failures/freak injuries/double murders & gloves not fitting. People really shouldn't give a rats ass how other people spend their money unless it somehow directly harms them some how.

And then you get the full effect of the jersey (as Name/Numbers is part of the design element) and you never have to worry about trades/failures/freak injuries/double murders & gloves not fitting. People really shouldn't give a rats ass how other people spend their money unless it somehow directly harms them some how.

Why should people not have opinions?

It's not like people are going up to the dude wearing a jersey with his own name on it and giving him crap about it. That's rude. But tell me why I should not chuckle or roll my eyes. I do that when I see someone wearing something dumb no matter what it is, sports jersey or not.

1zgyd8w.jpg

Gets way out of hand. Especially when your city is cursed. I hate thinking about my other authentic LeBron, Boozer, Miles, Miller, Thome, and other jerseys I've wasted money on. :mad:

But that's the life of a sports fan. So be it.

brownsfanatic.jpg

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Gets way out of hand. Especially when your city is cursed. I hate thinking about my other authentic LeBron, Boozer, Miles, Miller, Thome, and other jerseys I've wasted money on. :mad:

brownsfanatic.jpg

You've wasted a lot of money.....

brownsfanatic.jpg

Thank you for the keen observation. :P

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

brownsfanatic.jpg

Nice collection. I'm not even a Browns fan, but I have nothing that rivals that... specifically the Bernie Kosar jersey.

brownsfanatic.jpg

Nice collection. I'm not even a Browns fan, but I have nothing that rivals that... specifically the Bernie Kosar jersey.

lol...that's not even all of them. My favs are the throwback Metcalf, both brown and white long sleeve Jim Brown jerseys, all of my game issued ones, and the Frye jersey (I like the 60th patch). I do hate the money wasted, but I wouldn't think of parting with any of them....all carry fun memories of attending live games in Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, Chicago, St Louis, New Jersey (sorry Giants/Jets fans lol) and Cleveland (of course).

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

lol...that's not even all of them. My favs are the throwback Metcalf, both brown and white long sleeve Jim Brown jerseys, all of my game issued ones, and the Frye jersey (I like the 60th patch). I do hate the money wasted, but I wouldn't think of parting with any of them....all carry fun memories of attending live games in Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, Chicago, St Louis, New Jersey (sorry Giants/Jets fans lol) and Cleveland (of course).

That's cool. I sometimes will hear from people that wearing the jersey, specifically a throwback of a player you greatly respect is also a foul, because it shows you lack loyalty. Personally, I'd love to have a Jim Brown, or more specifically Otto Graham (either the AAFC or early NFL years) throwback one day, to go along with the Dan Marino and Walter Payton ones I have right now (they played on my favorite team's biggest divisional rivals).

Archived