Jerseys fouls

charger77

lol...that's not even all of them. My favs are the throwback Metcalf, both brown and white long sleeve Jim Brown jerseys, all of my game issued ones, and the Frye jersey (I like the 60th patch). I do hate the money wasted, but I wouldn't think of parting with any of them....all carry fun memories of attending live games in Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, Chicago, St Louis, New Jersey (sorry Giants/Jets fans lol) and Cleveland (of course).

That's cool. I sometimes will hear from people that wearing the jersey, specifically a throwback of a player you greatly respect is also a foul, because it shows you lack loyalty. Personally, I'd love to have a Jim Brown, or more specifically Otto Graham (either the AAFC or early NFL years) throwback one day, to go along with the Dan Marino and Walter Payton ones I have right now (they played on my favorite team's biggest divisional rivals).

I've got a M&N Marino, but an Otto Graham jersey is one of my 'whales'. So freakin hard to find these days.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol...that's not even all of them. My favs are the throwback Metcalf, both brown and white long sleeve Jim Brown jerseys, all of my game issued ones, and the Frye jersey (I like the 60th patch). I do hate the money wasted, but I wouldn't think of parting with any of them....all carry fun memories of attending live games in Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, Chicago, St Louis, New Jersey (sorry Giants/Jets fans lol) and Cleveland (of course).

That's cool. I sometimes will hear from people that wearing the jersey, specifically a throwback of a player you greatly respect is also a foul, because it shows you lack loyalty. Personally, I'd love to have a Jim Brown, or more specifically Otto Graham (either the AAFC or early NFL years) throwback one day, to go along with the Dan Marino and Walter Payton ones I have right now (they played on my favorite team's biggest divisional rivals).

I've got a M&N Marino, but an Otto Graham jersey is one of my 'whales'. So freakin hard to find these days.

Same here with my Marino jersey. It also doesn't help he played before the Super Bowl Era, because most collectors and casual football fans only know of Jim Brown and Johnny Unitas from that era, which is a shame, but to be expected.

Same here with my Marino jersey. It also doesn't help he played before the Super Bowl Era, because most collectors and casual football fans only know of Jim Brown and Johnny Unitas from that era, which is a shame, but to be expected.

Football_-_1954_Otto_Graham_Cleveland_Browns_Away_Jersey_28500.jpg

Too bad this is sold out. It's one of the original M&N jerseys. I'm sure fake ones exist, but I just can't go that route.

I'm also dying for a real Canton Bulldogs uni.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

I buy jerseys to support teams and players I like. Players leave, I get new jerseys.

At $300 per jersey, that can get out of hand. Trust me, I'm a Browns fan and because of poor drafting and FA signing, I have follow authentic uni's: Couch, Holcomb, Garcia, Winslow, Edwards, and 60th Anniversary Frye (that's my profile pick). That right there is about $1,800 down the drain. Thankfully I also have timeless ones such as Kosar, 25th Anniversary Metcalf, Cribbs, and long-sleeve Jim Brown jerseys.

So that being said, it would've been a lot more smarter of me to have just dished out the original $300 for a personalized jersey.

Gets way out of hand. Especially when your city is cursed. I hate thinking about my other authentic LeBron, Boozer, Miles, Miller, Thome, and other jerseys I've wasted money on. :mad:

But that's the life of a sports fan. So be it.

brownsfanatic.jpg

See, I think that's pretty awesome. I respect that collection. I'm usually good for at least 2-3 new authentics a season, with draft picks or new additions, so attrition is expected. Nothing quite like your Cleveland collection, though.

And, that you have a freaking Jeff Garcia Browns jersey...that's much better than some lame personalized version.

spikes.jpg

brownsfanatic.jpg

I'm actually kinda jealous of that collection. I only have one authentic (Reuben Droughns) the rest of my jerseys are replicas of guys like DA, Charlie, Braylon, Couch, and Anthony Henry. However, I absolutely love my Evan Moore replica I got for Christmas. I'm thinking about getting a Sheldon Brown jersey since I'm a South Carolina fan and a Browns fan.

T1oYViW.png

brownsfanatic.jpg

I'm actually kinda jealous of that collection. I only have one authentic (Reuben Droughns) the rest of my jerseys are replicas of guys like DA, Charlie, Braylon, Couch, and Anthony Henry. However, I absolutely love my Evan Moore replica I got for Christmas. I'm thinking about getting a Sheldon Brown jersey since I'm a South Carolina fan and a Browns fan.

Thanks!! Get an Owen Marecic or Greg Little authentic. One is going to be loved for his toughness (Marecic) and the second is going to be a darkhourse for the 2011 Offensive Rookie of the Year.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

I agree with "don't put your own name on your jersey" stance, but I think if some thought is put into it, I propose the rule can be circumvented.

EXAMPLE A: I am a Seattle Seahawks fan. I get a customized jersey with my name and number 12, which is retired by the team for the fanbase.

EXAMPLE B: I am a Calgary Flames fan. I get a customized jersey with my nickname and the number 80, to represent the year the Flames moved to Calgary from Atlanta and I became a Flames fan. (1980)

P.S.: I am guilty of both A and B. Discuss.

It's douchey that you own customized jerseys, double douchey that you put that much thought into the reasons why you customized your jerseys the way you did. #12 represents the fans? You used the number of the year you became a fan of the team?

Go to hell, sir.

Discuss.

Words cannot describe how much I enjoyed reading this. Well played!

brownsfanatic.jpg

Thanks!! Get an Owen Marecic or Greg Little authentic. One is going to be loved for his toughness (Marecic) and the second is going to be a darkhourse for the 2011 Offensive Rookie of the Year.

Watch out. Leonard Hankerson is the next great WR. Mel's 3rd best in the draft, and we got him late 3rd round. Team captain, GRADUATE of Miami, father of two. He broke all of Michael Irvin's college records. This guy catches everything and is a great leader. So off topic. Oops.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Worst Jersey Foul Ever: People who wear jerseys of teams that I don't like, especially, but not limited to, the following organizations: Edmonton Oilers, Vancouver Canucks, Tampa Bay Lightning, Montreal Canadiens, Toronto Maple Leafs, Saskatchewan Roughriders, Edmonton Eskimos, Dallas Cowboys, Oakland Raiders, St. Louis Rams, New York Yankees and the Los Angeles Lakers.

Jersey foul: Applying another teams logo patch to the jersey of a different team. Saw some guy with a Florida Panthers jersey that had a Boston Bruins primary logo crest on it at the rink today in a beer league game.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

Honestly, I don't see a problem with putting you name on a jersey. I don't like nicknames on jerseys, but if your going to spend them money, good for you.

It does annoy me when people wear either white hockey jerseys, football jerseys, baseball jerseys, or basketball jerseys with a clashing color or a bright color that you can see through the jersey. I know that there is nothing I can do about it, but I just can't stand it.

Also, I think people should care about the way they look. Just for the fact that before and after games go to commercials they have crowd shots. I don't want to be the guy that looks like an idiot on national TV.

girardi-1.png

lyip4wfi.pngzc9hmqq6.png

Thanks KaTo

Worst Jersey Foul Ever: People who wear jerseys of teams that I don't like, especially, but not limited to, the following organizations: Edmonton Oilers, Vancouver Canucks, Tampa Bay Lightning, Montreal Canadiens, Toronto Maple Leafs, Saskatchewan Roughriders, Edmonton Eskimos, Dallas Cowboys, Oakland Raiders, St. Louis Rams, New York Yankees and the Los Angeles Lakers.

Someone's still pissed about '04 :P

ccslcsig-4.png

I buy jerseys to support teams and players I like. Players leave, I get new jerseys.

At $300 per jersey, that can get out of hand. Trust me, I'm a Browns fan and because of poor drafting and FA signing, I have follow authentic uni's: Couch, Holcomb, Garcia, Winslow, Edwards, and 60th Anniversary Frye (that's my profile pick). That right there is about $1,800 down the drain. Thankfully I also have timeless ones such as Kosar, 25th Anniversary Metcalf, Cribbs, and long-sleeve Jim Brown jerseys.

So that being said, it would've been a lot more smarter of me to have just dished out the original $300 for a personalized jersey.

Gets way out of hand. Especially when your city is cursed. I hate thinking about my other authentic LeBron, Boozer, Miles, Miller, Thome, and other jerseys I've wasted money on. :mad:

But that's the life of a sports fan. So be it.

brownsfanatic.jpg

You've wasted a lot of money.....

Damn straight. I mean, it's your money, but...all those identical (or nearly identical) jerseys simply with different players on them?

Archived