Jerseys fouls

charger77

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't have much of a problem with people having their last name on jerseys, it's just people who have nicknames on em that bug me

how does this NOT bug you?

Big%2BLou.jpg

DON'T MESS WITH BIG LOU :-)

Or he'll 69 you?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I have no issue with it at all. A lot of big time fans have nicknames from fanclubs, etc. That's their role on the team, it's what people know them by. Nothing wrong with it what so ever. There are some countries where having your own name is the norm, rarely are player jerseys seen.

And my brother has both his nickname and #69 on his team jersey. Does he look like a dick out there? Yup. But that's because he can barely skate. Most people love the jersey.

I have no issue with it at all. A lot of big time fans have nicknames from fanclubs, etc. That's their role on the team, it's what people know them by. Nothing wrong with it what so ever. There are some countries where having your own name is the norm, rarely are player jerseys seen.

Being a member of a MLB, NHL, NFL or NBA team fan club is not being a member of the team.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

i don't have much of a problem with people having their last name on jerseys, it's just people who have nicknames on em that bug me

1108081546.jpeg

2 idiot points to the guy who has the WRONG FONT. If your gonna spend the money, get the font right.

Additional douchebag points for anyone putting #69 on their jersey, unless it's an actual player jersey.

Oh my god, that last one is at the Mercyhurst Ice Center in Erie! That's my college! I announce games there, but I've never seen that jersey walking around. I'd make fun of the guy in person for that one. Anybody know when that was taken? Crazy!

These two posts, the Bill of Rights and an addendum to them, really is the end-all and be-all of Jersey Fouls. It covers pretty much everything. I have a few with my name on the back, all from before I knew of this. I think the exception is if you're playing in it. My goalie jersey is a Wild jersey with my name on the back, and I'm proud of it. My biggest pet peeve is the "he never wore that" jersey, where the era is all wrong (#3 on the list)

http://blogs.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports/empty-netters/15362-jersey-foul-bill-of-rights-12-16-08

http://blogs.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports/empty-netters/14217-jersey-foul-bill-of-rights-amendments-8-31-09

I'll wear my personalized Red Wings sweater wherever and whenever I want. But, I'll wear my Gretzky Kings sweater too or maybe my blank Devils sweater Not sure what would make someone to feel they have the right to say what someone can and cannot wear.

I say you want your name and your number on a sweater to wear in the house, the rink or the the game do it, and if you don't like personalized jerseys, don't get one and live and let live.

Being a member of a MLB, NHL, NFL or NBA team fan club is not being a member of the team.

It's not being ON the team, but it is being a member of the team "family". It's no different than Obama or a city mayor getting a jersey gifted from a team with President or Mayor on it. That happens ALL the time.

And take a look at "Chunx" up there. If he were to have "Miller" on there I'd laugh and say "Yeah, right. You're obviously an elite athlete <_< ". But "Chunx" explains him perfectly.

Big%2BLou.jpg

DON'T MESS WITH BIG LOU :-)

Or he'll 69 you?

Wonder what the chances are he was wearing this hat?

64837-5456.gif

x0y5nq.png

Every time I see CHUNX quoted in a post, I crack up. That guy is ABSOLUTELY allowed to wear a personalized jersey.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

If there was a player that had the same last name as me, I would definitely buy it (unless he was on the Red Wings, then I'd wait until he switched teams.) I have a fairly uncommon name, though, so I'll be waiting a while until that ever happens. Personally, I'll never customize a jersey with my own name on it, it's just not for me.

And another member of the CCSLC Red Wings haters if found.

The He Man Red Wings Haters Club

President - charger77

Vice President - DelayedPenalty

Treasurer - Billy B

Hell, sign me up.

newsig.jpg

1108081546.jpeg

2 idiot points to the guy who has the WRONG FONT. If your gonna spend the money, get the font right.

Additional douchebag points for anyone putting #69 on their jersey, unless it's an actual player jersey.

Oh my god, that last one is at the Mercyhurst Ice Center in Erie! That's my college! I announce games there, but I've never seen that jersey walking around. I'd make fun of the guy in person for that one. Anybody know when that was taken? Crazy!

These two posts, the Bill of Rights and an addendum to them, really is the end-all and be-all of Jersey Fouls. It covers pretty much everything. I have a few with my name on the back, all from before I knew of this. I think the exception is if you're playing in it. My goalie jersey is a Wild jersey with my name on the back, and I'm proud of it. My biggest pet peeve is the "he never wore that" jersey, where the era is all wrong (#3 on the list)

http://blogs.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports/empty-netters/15362-jersey-foul-bill-of-rights-12-16-08

http://blogs.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports/empty-netters/14217-jersey-foul-bill-of-rights-amendments-8-31-09

I'll wear my personalized Red Wings sweater wherever and whenever I want. But, I'll wear my Gretzky Kings sweater too or maybe my blank Devils sweater Not sure what would make someone to feel they have the right to say what someone can and cannot wear.

I say you want your name and your number on a sweater to wear in the house, the rink or the the game do it, and if you don't like personalized jerseys, don't get one and live and let live.

The problem here is semantics. Of course you have the RIGHT to wear whatever you want. It's a free country. But I also have the right to poke fun at you for it. I can make comments and judge as long as I stay within the bounds of free speech.

"Rights" should never be an issue.

People have the RIGHT to say a lot of very unpopular things, but that doesn't mean we don't condemn them for it. To pick the least offensive example of this that I can think of is when the Dixie Chicks said that they hated George W. Bush and he wasn't their president. They absolutely have the right to do that. But their sponsors, fans, and record execs exercised their right to no longer support them. Nobody took away the Dixie Chicks' rights, but they definitely paid for exercising their rights in unpopular ways.

So CHUNX there absolutely has the right to wear that jersey in my rink, but if I saw that jersey, I'd definitely make fun of the slug and then the name on the back, in good fun, of course, but there'd be jokes nonetheless.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Every time I see CHUNX quoted in a post, I crack up. That guy is ABSOLUTELY allowed to wear a personalized jersey.

While I got all my authentic jerseys 15-20 years ago, If you are over the age of 35 (or 30 w/child), you should not wear a jersey in public. It took various channels to get them in the between 1985-1993, it passed your generation and leave it to the youth. If you are a Senior, then all bets are off and if I see you at a game, I'll probably call you, "Pops" since Seniors love love being called "Pops".

Isn't the bigger question outside of 'Best Dad', who obviously received it as a gift, how overweight/overfat all of those in dark Sabers jerseys are? Plus we know that they bought the dark jersey "to make them look slimmer".

1108081546.jpeg

The problem here is semantics. Of course you have the RIGHT to wear whatever you want. It's a free country. But I also have the right to poke fun at you for it. I can make comments and judge as long as I stay within the bounds of free speech.

"Rights" should never be an issue.

People have the RIGHT to say a lot of very unpopular things, but that doesn't mean we don't condemn them for it. To pick the least offensive example of this that I can think of is when the Dixie Chicks said that they hated George W. Bush and he wasn't their president. They absolutely have the right to do that. But their sponsors, fans, and record execs exercised their right to no longer support them. Nobody took away the Dixie Chicks' rights, but they definitely paid for exercising their rights in unpopular ways.

So CHUNX there absolutely has the right to wear that jersey in my rink, but if I saw that jersey, I'd definitely make fun of the slug and then the name on the back, in good fun, of course, but there'd be jokes nonetheless.

I agree about it having nothing to do with "rights." It's still a stupid thing to make fun of someone for, though. Do you make fun of anyone you see in public who is fat, has a bad haircut, wears old sneakers, has a tattoo you don't like, etc.? I consider this to be on that level. It's a shallow and dumb thing to really criticize someone (especially someone you don't even know) for. As long as these people aren't behaving like douches, I would be glad to see them wearing whatever jersey they want with their name on it.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

The last thing in the world I would concern myself with is what someone else thinks about the name on some jersey I'm wearing. A few years ago my girlfriend bought me a customized NY Rangers jersey with the number 41 and my name on the back. She knows pretty much nothing about sports. The fact that she went to all the trouble of buying it and having it customized means a lot to me. She got it for me because she thought I would like it. So my question is this; am I supposed to tell her that I won't wear the jersey just because people like -Dan and a few others around here think it's "douchey?" Yeah, I didn't think so.

Wear whatever you want. :censored: anyone who doesn't like it. In my humble opinion, nothing is more pathetic than letting what others might think dictate what you wear. For those of you who concern yourselves with such matters, my advice is you grow a set and try living on your terms instead of the terms set by this forum or the opinions of "other people."

BB52Big.jpg

The last thing in the world I would concern myself with is what someone else thinks about the name on some jersey I'm wearing.

That's exactly why I've got a Nate Kaeding jersey. I've heard almost every joke you could think up but I just don't care. I wanted something unique and who else wears a kicker's jersey?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The last thing in the world I would concern myself with is what someone else thinks about the name on some jersey I'm wearing.

That's exactly why I've got a Nate Kaeding jersey. I've heard almost every joke you could think up but I just don't care. I wanted something unique and who else wears a kicker's jersey?

Good for you. Seriously.

After reading your posts in this thread, I actually have some respect for you now. B)

BB52Big.jpg

Good for you. Seriously.

After reading your posts in this thread, I actually have some respect for you now. B)

I wanted to get it in powder blue but it's difficult enough to find one of those in navy blue, let alone powder blue.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

When did this board get so sensitive? Five years ago everyone would've unequivocally agreed that putting your own name on the back of your jersey was silly and childish.

It is incredibly dorky to get your own name on the jersey because you're basically saying that you wish to be apart of the team.

ON THE OTHER HAND

Is wearing some other guy's name, who for a lot of us is the same age if not younger, really any better?

something to think about

My list of jersey fouls

- no nicknames

- no inaccurate patches (the CBJ 10 year patch on the alternates which don't have the patch is a particularly grating example for me)

- don't put a player's name/number on a jersey he never wore. Examples include long retired players on modern era jerseys

- don't use more than two digits. I once saw a guy at an Ohio State-Michigan hockey game whose jersey had the number 666 on it and the nameplate read, "heckler from hell". So, he violated two rules.

- general things like incorrect number fonts, incorrect striping, counterfeits. Just buy the real thing and not some ebay ripoff.

- Don't make gimmicks out of you jerseys. I once saw two Sharks fans where the woman wore the 1 and her NOB read "Chee", while her husband's jersey took the 4 and his jersey said "Choo". It was awful.

- and never ever ever ever tuck your jersey in

PvO6ZWJ.png

When did this board get so sensitive? Five years ago everyone would've unequivocally agreed that putting your own name on the back of your jersey was silly and childish.

But I think the counter-argument to that is that it's "silly and childish" to make fun of someone for wearing a jersey with their name on it.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

It is incredibly dorky to get your own name on the jersey because you're basically saying that you wish to be apart of the team.

ON THE OTHER HAND

Is wearing some other guy's name, who for a lot of us is the same age if not younger, really any better?

something to think about

My list of jersey fouls

- no nicknames

- no inaccurate patches (the CBJ 10 year patch on the alternates which don't have the patch is a particularly grating example for me)

- don't put a player's name/number on a jersey he never wore. Examples include long retired players on modern era jerseys

- don't use more than two digits. I once saw a guy at an Ohio State-Michigan hockey game whose jersey had the number 666 on it and the nameplate read, "heckler from hell". So, he violated two rules.

- general things like incorrect number fonts, incorrect striping, counterfeits. Just buy the real thing and not some ebay ripoff.

- Don't make gimmicks out of you jerseys. I once saw two Sharks fans where the woman wore the 1 and her NOB read "Chee", while her husband's jersey took the 4 and his jersey said "Choo". It was awful.

- and never ever ever ever tuck your jersey in

That is a big one.

- I'd like to add, don't wear the jersey of a player who hasn't been on that team for ages and is of no historical significance to the franchise. There's gotta be like a 3 year rule or something, if he hasn't been on the team for 3 seasons just sack-up and upgrade and buy a new jersey.

Jason Taylor jerseys at Redskins games comes to mind for me. And I saw a faded-ass peeling Rod Gardner jersey at a Wizards game this season. Rod Gardner.

90758391980.gif

Archived